• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Houston Baptist grad transfer. Averaged 19.0 PPG.

Houston Baptist grad transfer. Averaged 19.0 PPG.

I question his judgement, but glad to have him on board in case there is a basketball season next year.

He shot 32.6% on threes in a bad conference. He may be a good scorer, but not a consistently good shooter.

Houston Baptist went 4-25 last year?

lol

You are cherry picking 1 year of stats. Career 37% shooter from 3, 48% from 2.

He also shot 35% in another year. That's EH for a guard these days.

That's two of his three years being mediocre.

EDIT: During his one good 3 point shooting year- he had 15-23 streak- the rest of the season he shot 36-98. He's a 35% 3pt shooter.

Last edited:
Pretty good shooter, plays no defense. Should fit right in.

Is it true that he doesn’t play defense, if so, not really looking forward to that.

It’s nice to have a shooting guard that can shoot. Neath definitely inproved his stroke through the season, but isn’t knockdown. Chaundee is a pretty good 3 pt shooter, Mucius and Sarr are hit or miss. Massoud finished rough. Nice to have a guy that can score.

Starting five: Neath, Dubose, Chaundeac, Mucius, Sarr. Pretty damn good. Massoud, Tariq, Ody, and all the incoming freshmen off the bench... watch out.

I have to say, this may be the most deep team Manning will have ever had. It’s also a very talented bunch. I think clearly the most talented team he ever has was the 16-17 Collins team, but there was a steep drop off between the starting five and bench. Bryant Crawford, Keyshawn Woods, Arians, Dinos, JC was the starting five . Then it went to Chill, Mitch, McClinton, Doral. Not much there.

This is all relying on Sarr and Chaundee coming back. If either one of those guys heads out, Danny isn’t a good enough coach to rebound and win with the remaining roster (unless he somehow finds a way to bring in a big time immediately eligible transfer).

Danny will have his best chance yet if he’s fortunate enough to come back, and Chaundee and Sarr stay. The virus may be the best thing to ever happen to him.

Is it true that he doesn’t play defense, if so, not really looking forward to that.

It’s nice to have a shooting guard that can shoot. Neath definitely inproved his stroke through the season, but isn’t knockdown. Chaundee is a pretty good 3 pt shooter, Mucius and Sarr are hit or miss. Massoud finished rough. Nice to have a guy that can score.

Starting five: Neath, Dubose, Chaundeac, Mucius, Sarr. Pretty damn good. Massoud, Tariq, Ody, and all the incoming freshmen off the bench... watch out.

I have to say, this may be the most deep team Manning will have ever had. It’s also a very talented bunch. I think clearly the most talented team he ever has was the 16-17 Collins team, but there was a steep drop off between the starting five and bench. Bryant Crawford, Keyshawn Woods, Arians, Dinos, JC was the starting five . Then it went to Chill, Mitch, McClinton, Doral. Not much there.

This is all relying on Sarr and Chaundee coming back. If either one of those guys heads out, Danny isn’t a good enough coach to rebound and win with the remaining roster (unless he somehow finds a way to bring in a big time immediately eligible transfer).

Danny will have his best chance yet if he’s fortunate enough to come back, and Chaundee and Sarr stay. The virus may be the best thing to ever happen to him.

I'm surprised you are optimistic. That roster looks mostly shitty and the new guy 100% does not play D.

EDIT: During his one good 3 point shooting year- he had 15-23 streak- the rest of the season he shot 36-98. He's a 35% 3pt shooter.

Yeah, if you remove all those shots he made, he had a decent three point percentage!

He had about 10 other P5 offers. Stanford, Vanderbilt, NW, Miss ...

Back