• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Laughing at our unheralded recruits shunning Wake and reopening their recruitment. We were and will still be the best offers for most of them. Don't really care though since it gives our next staff some dry powder to turn this shit show around.

From a post on 247. Brandon Weston is a 6'5", 195 pound wing in the class of 2021 with a #70 rating on 247. He is a teammate of Marcus Watson at Morgan Park in Chicago. He shows as warm for Wake and Illinois and has interest in reclassifying to the class of 2020. Sounds interesting. Someone on the staff has been doing work at Morgan Park.

From a post on 247. Brandon Weston is a 6'5", 195 pound wing in the class of 2021 with a #70 rating on 247. He is a teammate of Marcus Watson at Morgan Park in Chicago. He shows as warm for Wake and Illinois and has interest in reclassifying to the class of 2020. Sounds interesting. Someone on the staff has been doing work at Morgan Park.

Jamil Jones?

Ayo Dosunmu was the first player from Morgan Park that showed interest shortly after Tory Johnson arrived two years ago. Adam Miller (#33 on 247) maintained interest until choosing Illinois this year. Marcus Watson choose Wake. Now Weston has it between Wake and Illinois. Good follow up by the staff. Whoever gets hired needs to make contact pronto. That school is a gold mine.

Jamil Jones?

Jamil Jones was placed on admin leave and relieved of all duties by Wake in August 2018. So somebody else is doing the work with Morgan Park. Either Woodberry (most likely) or Childress has the connection with Morgan Park.

Morgan Park is a good program

lots of talent in the Chicago Public Schools league -- would be nice to further that pipeline

Interesting note when I looked at the official Wake web site for 20-21, only Childress, "Acting Head Coach" appears in the area for basketball coaches. So all the Kansas people are gone. Wow was that group of coaches heavy with people from one school.

Interesting note when I looked at the official Wake web site for 20-21, only Childress, "Acting Head Coach" appears in the area for basketball coaches. So all the Kansas people are gone. Wow was that group of coaches heavy with people from one school.

Cronyism and nepotism, the hallmarks of a [paint touches] bench.

Ayo Dosunmu was the first player from Morgan Park that showed interest shortly after Tory Johnson arrived two years ago. Adam Miller (#33 on 247) maintained interest until choosing Illinois this year. Marcus Watson choose Wake. Now Weston has it between Wake and Illinois. Good follow up by the staff. Whoever gets hired needs to make contact pronto. That school is a gold mine.

Wake lost those recruiting battles for Ayo and Adam Miller. Likely will lose the Weston one too, although he is really from NJ and just plays there, I think. Pretty sure Rex was the lead recruiter of Watson.

They were definitely not sending us their best.

Laughing at our unheralded recruits shunning Wake and reopening their recruitment. We were and will still be the best offers for most of them. Don't really care though since it gives our next staff some dry powder to turn this shit show around.

Perhaps not the case with Gibson. Louisville is interested in him ... as is Maryland.

Perhaps not the case with Gibson. Louisville is interested in him ... as is Maryland.

Yeah, he's had some strong interest since de-committing. Kind of a bummer to lose a big that probably doesn't suck.

And then I looked at his Twitter and his profile has a pic of Bruce Leroy... That's a guy I would have liked in the fold.

"In speaking with his head coach at GRACE Christian, schools like Maryland, Iowa, South Florida, Houston, Syracuse, UNCW, Providence, Miami, Cincinnati, Louisiana, Pittsburgh, VCU, East Carolina, Texas A&M, and Louisville have all expressed some type of interest his way."

Also saw a tweet about Texas A&M & Georgia showing interest.

Transferring is going to be weird this year. Plenty of teams willing to take a shot on players to fill in gaps since they don't have to commit 2 years of schollies for one year of playing time. Great time to be a transfer...but also a GREAT time to be a coach trying to rebuild a program quickly.

Transferring is going to be weird this year. Plenty of teams willing to take a shot on players to fill in gaps since they don't have to commit 2 years of schollies for one year of playing time. Great time to be a transfer...but also a GREAT time to be a coach trying to rebuild a program quickly.

The one-time free transfer rule without sitting a season has not passed yet (vote is May 20). Also, it's not clear that the rule will go into effect for the upcoming season.

I've seen a few snippets from P6 coaches who are confident that the one-time free transfer rule will both pass and apply to this upcoming season. Most of the transfers in this cycle indicate this to be prevailing thought as well.

I've seen a few snippets from P6 coaches who are confident that the one-time free transfer rule will both pass and apply to this upcoming season. Most of the transfers in this cycle indicate this to be prevailing thought as well.

I think that a lot of the kids in the portal are banking on this as well. If the immediate-eligibility transfer rule doesn't pass or isn't applicable for the 20-21 year, some "transferring" students may find themselves without a school for fall.

Interestingly, Wes Miller played at JMU and was there a few years after Lefty Driesell, who is on our search committee, was the coach there. Apprently they hold each other in high esteem.

Back