• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Update

I basically view Tabb as Kevin Swinton redux. Tabb is taller but unless he develops a junkyard dog attitude toward rebounding this summer we're probably going to get the same level of play out of him.

Tabb has greater offensive capabilities than K-Slay, but he isn't nearly as aggressive on the boards. It'll be interesting to see if he develops.

I basically view Tabb as Kevin Swinton redux. Tabb is taller but unless he develops a junkyard dog attitude toward rebounding this summer we're probably going to get the same level of play out of him.

Not a bad comparison. Similar builds and games (at least from the little I saw of Melvin) but both seem to lack the pure motivation needed to maximize their God given talents. Frustrating to say the least.

Tabb is the one thing this season I've thought Buzz handled well from everything I've been told about the situation.

Carson was defs recruited to play the 4

"I definitely see myself playing the 4. I think that in my AAU season, my coach really pushed me to play on the perimeter and the high post. It really worked well, so I fell in love with it. But out of necessity, and to get ready for college, I’ve been working on my post game too the last few weeks and I will continue to while I hit the weights. But either way, I’ll do whatever I need to do. "

We also have to consider that he was recruited by Dino, but now Coach [Redacted] is here.

They could have had vastly different visions for him.

I cannot stand 7 foot plus "4s," just screams "pussy" to me. You are 7 fucking feet tall. Get inside and bang, you vagina muffin.

I cannot stand 7 foot plus "4s," just screams "pussy" to me. You are 7 fucking feet tall. Get inside and bang, you vagina muffin.

Well if we have two 7 footers and they are going to be on the court at the same time then one has to "play the 4".

Carson has the skill set of a 4 rather than a 5, but he has been playing the 5 out of necessity.

Of everyone on our team, I think Carson best suits Bz's so-called "system." Bz had a bunch of Carsons at Air Force that could step out and shoot and were good passers. There's a reason that Herb wanted him so bad at ASU.

Well if we have two 7 footers and they are going to be on the court at the same time then one has to "play the 4".

Carson has the skill set of a 4 rather than a 5, but he has been playing the 5 out of necessity.

Twin towers are different, I suppose. But how many times did Buzz play Carson and Ty at the same time? I'm not sure I remember any, but I assume it did happen.

Also, Jank looks like someone I would really hate anywhere else. Just comes off kinda douchey with his sweet earring and soft play.

I know what you mean, but Duncan is a 4. Not during college, of course. And he still bangs real hard.

True, true. I was too "all inclusive" with my post, I will admit. But the general rule is right.

I just can't stand dudes that stand 7 feet tall plus and are scared to shake it up inside. Infuriating.

I once read that Kevin Garnett is actually like 7'1, but has always insisted whichever team he's playing for list him at 6'11 because he doesn't want the pressure / expectations / whatever of being a "seven footer." Found that interesting and sort of pathetic (considering how most if not all players generally want to be over-listed as taller than they really are, not the reverse), and really not at all surprising when you think about what a huge douchebag KG is.

It'll be funny to watch the boards turn on that guy when he dumps us for a better offer.

I'm wondering when all the seven footers turned into bean poles. Where are all the 7 foot 250 pounders? We need a Dejuan Blaire (I know he's not a 7-footer, but bear with me). We need a guy that is big enough to clog up the lane and wear people out in the post with pure strength/mass.

Back