• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Update

I'm wondering when all the seven footers turned into bean poles. Where are all the 7 foot 250 pounders? We need a Dejuan Blaire (I know he's not a 7-footer, but bear with me). We need a guy that is big enough to clog up the lane and wear people out in the post with pure strength/mass.

I know what you're saying, but Dejaun Blair is actually like 6'6.

Yea DeJuan Blair sort of torpedoed that post...

We need BIG COUNTRY. I'm sure you old timers know who I'm talking about.

I'm wondering when all the seven footers turned into bean poles. Where are all the 7 foot 250 pounders? We need a Dejuan Blaire (I know he's not a 7-footer, but bear with me). We need a guy that is big enough to clog up the lane and wear people out in the post with pure strength/mass.

Most of these 7 foot, 250 pounders come in at 7 feet, 210 or 215 and bulk up in college.

Not to be a Buzz Killington, but back to the topic at hand...
I keep hearing that the staff is dead set on bringing in a banger for next year. We already struck out with the juco and Lekan is a pipe dream. If the post-grad doesn't pan out what other options do we have?

I keep hearing that the staff is dead set on bringing in a banger for next year. We already struck out with the juco and Lekan is a pipe dream. If the post-grad doesn't pan out what other options do we have?

DeaconKing vaguely mentioned Europe ... if we're that deadset on just bringing in a big body, I'm sure we can find SOMEONE.

Reminds me a bit of when Dino wanted a shooter no matter what a few years ago - and we found the Grim Threeper. (Togrim Sommerdelt or whatever.) Of course, then his knee fell out CWebb style

Buzz bitching and not taking any of the blame in the post game/coach's show. Twat.

DeaconKing vaguely mentioned Europe ... if we're that deadset on just bringing in a big body, I'm sure we can find SOMEONE.

Reminds me a bit of when Dino wanted a shooter no matter what a few years ago - and we found the Grim Threeper. (Togrim Sommerdelt or whatever.) Of course, then his knee fell out CWebb style

It's funny that he finally got a shooter (that had been on the team with him) the year after he gets fired.

Chas was somewhere around 7 foot, 250. How soon we forget.

Yeah...Chas, Tony and D-Weave all fit that mold.

Yep. The last thing Wake fans should complain about it not having enough size. We've only had a few seasons in the last 20 without having good size in the post.

DaveTelep

Unsigned senior combo forward Eric Katenda told ESPN Recruiting that he's going to visit Wake Forest next weekend

Even though Lekan is very limited offensively at this point, we need someone much more than Katenda...of course both wouldn't be bad.

Back