• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

BarcaDeac

Reaction score
Only 4 ACC games that Sat (UVA - GT on Thu).

Marquee matchup is Cuse at Clemson. Pitt - Ville and Duke - Miami the other ACC games.

Thinking we get the 4 or primetime ACCN game.

Primetime ACCN seems about right. Not enough demand to put us on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC between these two schools but our matchup seems more appealing than Pitt-Ville and Duke-Miami. Would expect Cuse-Clemson to be on one of the flagships.

Injuries:
Williams (22) finished the game but he had a knee. But no other Injuries come to mind from Army.
Once again it comes back to who is in our secondary? Holmes/Roberts?
Harris / Andeersen?

There will probably be only 2 ACCN games that day if Cuse/Clemson gets picked up by ABC/ESPN. RSN will almost certainly have a game, more than likely at 12:30pm (like the ACC schedule for the week of 10/15, which also had 4 games with Clemson/FSU getting an ABC slot).

So let’s assume 10/22 has the same slots as 10/15. Here are my guesses.

Noon RSN - Pitt-Louisville
3:30 ACCN - Duke-Miami
7:30 ABC - Cuse-Clemson
8:00 ACCN - BC-Wake

I assume they have no problem giving Clemson 7:30 ABC three weeks in a row.

The Big 12 and SEC slates are also really thin that day. Wonder if something like 12:00 on ESPN2 or ESPNU is a possibility

Probably not. ESPNU is usually on an additional sports package while I think ACCN is part of the base package for most.
Yeah. I don't know if it is or isn't. I only know that being on RSN is the worst.

Matt Sarzyniak has us in the 3:30 ACCN slot, with Duke-Miami in the 8pm ACCN slot.

Matt Sarzyniak has us in the 3:30 ACCN slot, with Duke-Miami in the 8pm ACCN slot.

How accurate has this guy proven to be? Can’t remember how often his guesses line up.

So let’s assume 10/22 has the same slots as 10/15. Here are my guesses.

Noon RSN - Pitt-Louisville
3:30 ACCN - Duke-Miami
7:30 ABC - Cuse-Clemson
8:00 ACCN - BC-Wake

I assume they have no problem giving Clemson 7:30 ABC three weeks in a row.
That would actually be 4 weeks in a row for the ABC primetime game for Clemson. State and BC were ABC then FSU is again next week. Would think that's a noon or 3:30 game just for some variety. I think UCLA-Oregon gets ABC primetime that week.

Shocked Cuse Clemson is a noon ABC. You’d think ACCN would try to get more big primetime games.

Shocked Cuse Clemson is a noon ABC. You’d think ACCN would try to get more big primetime games.
ACCN can only take (end up with) that game for primetime if ABC/ESPN don't want it. An undefeated Syracuse vs. an undefeated Clemson was a lock to go to ABC or ESPN. Plus, as mentioned earlier, Clemson has been at home for 2 night games in a row. I'm sure they preferred to not have a third in a row.

Back