• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

Yeah but it’s the same company. You’d think they’d try and prop up another one of their properties.

Not at the expense of ABC/ESPN ratings (since ACCN games are not currently part of the Nielsen ratings).

And put which game from the ACC on ABC at noon in it's place that week? I mean, there's a pretty clear pecking order of game selection, no need to re-invent the wheel here.

not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but if WF keeps winning, is it reasonable to expect the NC State and UNC games will be night games?

not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but if WF keeps winning, is it reasonable to expect the NC State and UNC games will be night games?
It's pretty hard to predict at this stage. ACC has had their best games on at noon on ABC multiple times recently, so just because it's shaping up to be one of the better games of the week doesn't mean it'll be a night game.

Yeah, that noon ABC spot is one where multiple good ACC games have landed recently (Wake/UNC last year, Clemson/Wake this year, Syracuse/Clemson next week), but it also helps that some Big Ten schools can't/prefer not to host night games later in the year due to weather/lack of permanent lighting. The Big Ten used to require special permission before the season started to allow a home game in November to start after 3:30pm, don't think that is a hard rule anymore, but they definitely limit their night kick-offs as the season gets later. Winning definitely helps, but in the eyes of the TV execs, 12pm on ABC or ESPN is a "better" spot to be in than 7:30pm on ACCN or ESPNU.

Wake opens as -20.5 favorites against the Eagles.

Have we ever had a higher line against a conference opponent?

I’m guessing betting lines for college football did not exist pre-ACC. I would imagine some of Peahead’s teams would have been favored against the dregs of the old Southern Conference, but we didn’t have enough degenerates in 1944.

This game should look a lot like our games against Vandy and Army. Good, well-prepared teams pound inferior opponents, especially at home.

This game should look a lot like our games against Vandy and Army. Good, well-prepared teams pound inferior opponents, especially at home.
What would this board do without your #analysis O Wise One ;)

Got the 4pack so I could actually bring the whole fam for this one at the beginning of the season. I wonder when they'll actually send out the tix for this one. Interested to know where I'm sitting.

They are 24th in the computer rankings so it actually was a decent win.

They're 24th in the Colley, which is 20 slots higher than any other computer ranking.

Do you also think UCF was the best team in 2017 ? Because that's what the Colley Matrix says.

Back