• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

What are you all complaining about? Two pass plays just poor execution. Clawson didn’t just pack it in.
Yeah not really sure what the issue is. It's been a weird game but the offense has largely dominated and executed. Defense has been meh but BC is pretty awful offensively so it hasn't really mattered.

If the half ends 21-9 it's basically the exact Vegas 1H pick +11.5 and 31 points.

What are you all complaining about? Two pass plays just poor execution. Clawson didn’t just pack it in.

Correct. Poorly executed, but we were not packing it in.

He totally did on the first play. Love Clawson but he does have a tendency to go too conservative at times like this

A run on first down with 2 min left isn’t going conservative if the next two plays are passes.

Correct. Poorly executed, but we were not packing it in.
Yeah Wake can score in basically any time. BC only had one timeout so by running it on first you ideally have it so that you end the half with the ball as long as you don't have two incompletions in a row. We just had that happen. Not a big deal.

Great three man rush. Nice work by Bothroyd.

Bothroyd is having a huge game. He has to have like 4-5 pressures along with the 2 sacks + FF.

I don’t think we look bad? They got lucky on that fumble and a couple spotty D moments, but we look much better than them.

And student section at the 4:00 mark

93049dcb91e77acca455401d0da29bd6.jpg
Students have always left for halftime early.

Not saying it shouldn't be a better showing, but that doesn't really prove much.

A run on first down with 2 min left isn’t going conservative if the next two plays are passes.
Felt like we let a lot of time run off unnecessarily. Looked like old Clawson for a little bit. Probably an overreaction on my part. Just feel like that was an opportunity wasted

We’re lucky to get out of that.
I mean....BC is terrible on offense. Like bottom 3 in the P5. They have the occasional explosive play and aren't very good at maintaining success rate (staying on pace to get the line to gain after 1, 2, 3 down). I'm sure that plays into Dave's consideration of what he's doing offensively leading into another potential BC drive.

Someone needs to tell this ACCN sideline reporter lady that she needs to SPEAK UP when giving reports and interviewing outside during a game.

After the run they just stood there and let a ton of time run off…?

I understand your point but if he wanted to run clock he could have but he didn’t.

I don’t mind running clock because this is a quick strike offense with 3 timeouts. Time wasn’t an issue.

I don’t think we look bad? They got lucky on that fumble and a couple spotty D moments, but we look much better than them.
Flowers got wide-open a lot, and they happened to miss some throws vs. us making plays.

Lots of 3-man rushes against a bad offensive line seems to play into their hands. Not sure the thought behind that scheme, though Bothroyd still getting pressure.

Think we'll win by double-digits, but just feels like we could have gone up 3 scores and the game would be over.

Coming in I figured we would run the ball well. Thought BC would drop the single safety coverages and slide the LBs back to prevent Sam hitting crossing routes.

I understand your point but if he wanted to run clock he could have but he didn’t.

I don’t mind running click because this is a quick strike offense with 3 timeouts. Time wasn’t an issue.
Yeah I mean I get it. Definitely just reacting out of frustration because we have a quick strike offense but never seem to do anything in those situations.

Back