• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

I mean about every flukey thing that could have gone against us in the first half did and we're up 12

Flowers got wide-open a lot, and they happened to miss some throws vs. us making plays.

Lots of 3-man rushes against a bad offensive line seems to play into their hands. Not sure the thought behind that scheme, though Bothroyd still getting pressure.

Think we'll win by double-digits, but just feels like we could have gone up 3 scores and the game would be over.

The thought is probably our DBs can’t cover Flowers. He’s legit.

Good article about him.

I gave a prediction to my friend yesterday that Sam would finish 20 for 26 for 374 yds, 4 TDs and 1 INT.

He's got the completions/attempts, half the yards, and 3/4 of the TDs.

I didn't count on him having to throw more to get those yards, but pretty crazy how close I was in just the 1st half

If this gets doubled, 42 - 18, we cover and I'm happy.

We get an extra possession in the 2nd half plus some hopefully with no goofy shit like that double fumble and fake point conversion

How do you guys pronounce their team name?

Seer-a-cyooz

or

Sara-Cyooz

Zay Flowers having some of the Megatron/Reggie Ball issues.

I mean....what should be the call?

Should Wake be able to pick up a fumble and run for 3 or 4 yds and then fumble and it not count?

How about treating it like a an offensive player touching the ball on a punt return after it’s touched by the defense? Worst case scenario it goes back to where it’s touched initially by the defense, right? In no world should a QB sack and fumble on 4th and 11 end up being a first down for the offense 10 yards behind the original line of scrimmage.

How about treating it like a an offensive player touching the ball on a punt return after it’s touched by the defense? Worst case scenario it goes back to where it’s touched initially by the defense, right? In no world should a QB sack and fumble on 4th and 11 end up being a first down for the offense 10 yards behind the original line of scrimmage.
I disagree, if you’re going to pick it up and become a ball carrier, hang onto the ball. If you can’t do that, just fall on it.

I mean....BC is terrible on offense. Like bottom 3 in the P5. They have the occasional explosive play and aren't very good at maintaining success rate (staying on pace to get the line to gain after 1, 2, 3 down). I'm sure that plays into Dave's consideration of what he's doing offensively leading into another potential BC drive.
We are playing defensively like we have to protect against big plays against an explosive team. We haven't really stopped them getting the ball off to Flowers open, it has mostly been bad throws and drops. I mean he was wide-open like 3-4 times with tons of room to run. They hit the one for a TD when again there was no one within a few yards of him. If they hit a few of those, game is close.

Curious to see if we adjust at half.

Up 12 at the half and the thread is bitter as hell. Things have changed for WF fans.

I disagree, if you’re going to pick it up and become a ball carrier, hang onto the ball. If you can’t do that, just fall on it.
I’m frustrated since 1. I thought their QB was down so no original fumble. 2. It seemed like we gained possession again in the pile. 3. We’re not double teaming Flowers when we can’t cover him.

Up 12 at the half and the thread is bitter as hell. Things have changed for WF fans.
We played sloppy and like shit. I remember complaining during all games when we played sloppy and like shit.

We played sloppy and like shit. I remember complaining during all games when we played sloppy and like shit.
Other than the fake punt and goofy fumble play on 4th and 11 it should be 21-3

Back