• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

I know there were some extenuating circumstances last year, but when we boat raced BC, Jurkovic was honestly the worst Qb I’ve ever seen at the ACC level. He was absolutely putrid. I haven’t watched any BC games this year so I was surprised when I heard clawson talk him up in the presser.

His stats from last year: 3-11 for 29 yards and two interceptions on a day that BC rushed for 5.6 ypc against one of the most porous defenses in the country.
Wasn't he just back from injury in our game?

Jurkovec had decent stats during the COVID year (61% completions, 2558 yards, 17 TD to 5 INT) but otherwise has been pretty mediocre. People just love a 6'5" QB.

Yeah, Clawson mentioned it in his presser. Last year, BC had a flu outbreak before our game and had a lot of guys missing. And Jurkovec was just coming back from missing most of the season with a broken wrist.

Still think we smash them Saturday.

Got to come out focused and intense though. We'll get BC's best shot Saturday.

probably 4-5 people in the car, and probably 6-10 sandwiches per bag. it was pretty clear they were supposed to give one bag per car but said fuck it so they could peace out early.
Having been someone that gives away free stuff at an event before, that is exactly what they were doing. You start the day with the prescribed one or two items, then it moves on to three or four, then you are just throwing handfuls at people so you can be done.

I would put zero stock in last year's result against BC. They had a massive flu outbreak. Jurlovec was recovering from injury. BC just wanted their season to be over.

This year, BC's defense is OK (the strength of the D is their secondary), but their offense has been horrid. They lost all of their OL starters, and then lost some returning OL to injury in camp. Their OL had a good game against L'ville, but the BC OL got demolished again by Clemson.

NW is getting ready to build what looks like a really nice stadium that seats around 35,000 I think.

ryan-field1540__ScaleMaxWidthWzc3MF0.jpg
That only seats 35k? That looks wayyy bigger capacity than Groves!

Would be nice to have that noise/light focusing canopy at Groves (Truist, BB&T, what tf ever)

I know I put Truist Field, but it will always be Groves to me.

There was a great interview with Dr. Hooks a few years ago with Stan. Dr. Hooks went into great detail as to how the Groves family basically saved Wake Forest's behind wrt the ACC because our football stadium (Bowman Gray) was an absolute joke. My father also contributed to help build Groves but nowhere near what the Groves family provided. I'm sure the interview is still available. I would encourage anyone to give it a listen. Sounded like our butts were about to be kicked to the curb or if not kicked out.... life was going to be made very miserable for Wake sports. It was a fascinating, rather lengthy interview.

Always will be Groves Stadium to me.

There was a great interview with Dr. Hooks a few years ago with Stan. Dr. Hooks went into great detail as to how the Groves family basically saved Wake Forest's behind wrt the ACC because our football stadium (Bowman Gray) was an absolute joke. My father also contributed to help build Groves but nowhere near what the Groves family provided. I'm sure the interview is still available. I would encourage anyone to give it a listen. Sounded like our butts were about to be kicked to the curb or if not kicked out.... life was going to be made very miserable for Wake sports. It was a fascinating, rather lengthy interview.

Always will be Groves Stadium to me.
I remember when they first sold naming rights to BB&T. They made a big deal about how it would be BB&T Field at Groves Stadium and that the Groves Stadium name would still be prominent in the signage. That was a whole bunch of BS. You can hardly find a trace of the Groves Stadium name anywhere.

I remember when they first sold naming rights to BB&T. They made a big deal about how it would be BB&T Field at Groves Stadium and that the Groves Stadium name would still be prominent in the signage. That was a whole bunch of BS. You can hardly find a trace of the Groves Stadium name anywhere.

I could usually tell when Wellman was lying.... his lips were moving.

Anybody have any idea when the 4 pack seats will be assigned?

Back