• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS

If OSU loses, Clemson could sneak into the NC game by beating a top 10 SC in the last week of the season and because they won't create a rematch for LSU. If either Bama or Oregon play LSU in the NC the game is a joke. LSU shouldn't have to beat the same team twice or have the other declared champion.

Last edited:
USC is not currently a top 10 team and doesn't even look anything like one without their starting backfield, which is what Clemson will face.

Additionally, USC will not be in the SECCG, which would give their SOS an extra boost.

Last edited:
If OSU loses, Clemson could sneak into the NC game by beating a top 10 SC in the last week of the season and because they won't create a rematch for LSU. If either Bama or Oregon play LSU in the NC the game is a joke. LSU shouldn't have to beat the same team twice or have the other declared champion.

Clemson in the NC game is a joke, right?

Strange to cite the USCe game as propelling Clemson to the BCS CG when it's not even their last pre-bowl game, especially considering that a second win over VaTech (probably) would be more impressive than beating the Cocks.

Clemson to the NCG is not gonna happen.

Why not have an MMA fight between the IT departments of a couple of schools? It would have as much validity as a non-played off game.

You mean like Utah 31, Alabama 17?

Teams from outside the BCS AQ conferences are 4-1 against AQ conference members (Boise and TCU played each other one year).

That Alabama team was not that good. The SEC west was down that year big time. This Alabama team is much, much better. I think Utah that year was much better than Houston is this year also.

I think an Alabama-Houston game this year would be like that Alabama-Michigan State game last year...

I still say that Alabama is the best team in the country this year, and Vegas agrees with me. In the hypothetical rematch between LSU and Bama, Bama would still be a 2 point favorite as of right now, while LSU would be more than a touchdown favorite against any other team: http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7216359/lsu-alabama-rematch-bcs-national-championship-realistic-scenario

What about FSU-UF in 1996?

That Alabama team was not that good. The SEC west was down that year big time. This Alabama team is much, much better. I think Utah that year was much better than Houston is this year also.

I think an Alabama-Houston game this year would be like that Alabama-Michigan State game last year...

I still say that Alabama is the best team in the country this year, and Vegas agrees with me. In the hypothetical rematch between LSU and Bama, Bama would still be a 2 point favorite as of right now, while LSU would be more than a touchdown favorite against any other team: http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7216359/lsu-alabama-rematch-bcs-national-championship-realistic-scenario

LOL at an Alabama team that spent 5 straight weeks at the end of the regular season ranked #1 in the BCS being "not that good."

That's some revisionist history from Bama fans who don't want to admit that a non-BCS school ran train on their asses in a BCS game.

LOL at an Alabama team that spent 5 straight weeks at the end of the regular season ranked #1 in the BCS being "not that good."

That's some revisionist history from Bama fans who don't want to admit that a non-BCS school ran train on their asses in a BCS game.

I'm not saying they were bad. Alabama finished the season ranked 6th, probably about where they should have been. You know it's a crappy year in the SEC when Ole Miss was second in the West. Utah came out with trick plays and caught Bama off-guard early. Utah had a star qb that year and may have actually been a better team. They did finish at #2 in the final BCS standings. Either way, I don't think it's controversial to say that Utah that year was indisputably better than Houston this year.

If there's no playoff and you don't even make your own conference championship game, you have no place in the NC game.

Which they most likely will.....their only tough game was a close victory over a lower level pac 12 team (ucla)

It's just annoying. I really look forward to the BCS bowls, because you get to see the elites of the conferences battle it out. I have no interest in watching Houston get steam rolled by Bama. Give that game to an at large from the Pac/B1G/ACC.

Obviously a lot still needs to be figured out, but while LSU has Arkansas and UGA before they punch their ticket, Houston has SMU and some other irrelevant cusa team. Houston is gonna fuck up one of the BCS bowls....

Houston still has to go on the road to Tulsa in the last game of the season with the CUSA division title on the line. Tulsa has 3 losses this year-- to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Boise State.

If there's no playoff and you don't even make your own conference championship game, you have no place in the NC game.

Why? Playoffs probably do a worse job at determining the best team in the country than the current system (add more variance). I'm still for a +1 because it'd be more exciting though.

I think the best two teams in the country should play for the NCG. While that's impossible to determine with such incomplete information, I think the BCS rankings do a decent job. If Alabama and LSU end up 1 and 2 in BCS rankings, I don't think there's any reason they shouldn't play in the NCG.

Why? Playoffs probably do a worse job at determining the best team in the country than the current system (add more variance). I'm still for a +1 because it'd be more exciting though.

I think the best two teams in the country should play for the NCG. While that's impossible to determine with such incomplete information, I think the BCS rankings do a decent job. If Alabama and LSU end up 1 and 2 in BCS rankings, I don't think there's any reason they shouldn't play in the NCG.

Why is the standard "the two best teams" there is no other sport where that is the goal. The goal is to determine a champion. If you are going to determine the two best teams by evaluating the merits of their season, why even play that game because "the best team" just may lose the game.

Why is the standard "the two best teams" there is no other sport where that is the goal. The goal is to determine a champion. If you are going to determine the two best teams by evaluating the merits of their season, why even play that game because "the best team" just may lose the game.
Sorry i meant the best two teams as in the two teams who had the best season, not the theoretical best two teams. If OSU wins out they should definitely go to the NCG even though I dont think they are one of the theoretical best two teams. If they lose and its going to be a 1 loss team, I think Alabama has demonstrated a strong case to go even though they may not get to play for the conference championship because they lost a fluke game in overtime to the team with the best overall season.

Sorry i meant the best two teams as in the two teams who had the best season, not the theoretical best two teams. If OSU wins out they should definitely go to the NCG even though I dont think they are one of the theoretical best two teams. If they lose and its going to be a 1 loss team, I think Alabama has demonstrated a strong case to go even though they may not get to play for the conference championship because they lost a fluke game in overtime to the team with the best overall season.

Fair enough. I think that either the regular season is a playoff or it isn't. What we see now is that the regular season doesn't work as a playoff.

Clemson to the NCG is not gonna happen.

Yeah, we are talking about Clemson, right? We are Wake south when it comes to heartbreak.....I would say the most likely scenario involving Clemson is losing to VT and maybe an at large, but most likely the Peach.....hope im wrong, but we'll see

I'd bet on VT to beat Clemson in the ACC CG. I'm still trying to figure out how Oklahoma managed to lose to Texas Tech who has proven to be an absolutely terrible team thereafter.

I agree whole heartedly with a plus one......it's the perfect answer......fuck the pac 12 and B1G for preventing that.

I really want to see Bama against a top tier team from smother conference. Oregon/Stanford, Wisconsin, or VT/Clemson would all be far superior games, and would tell us more than a stinker vs Houston....

Lsu v Bama
Osu v Oregon

Winners play......awesome.

Back