• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS

Bama lost a fluke game because Cade Foster sucks lots of dicks. They won't do it again. They'd be at least a 5 pt favorite over every team in the country.

You do realize Alabama doesn't get to play the rematch against LSU in another night game at home, right?

I'll make whatever bet you want to right now that Alabama isn't a 5 point favorite in Vegas over LSU on a neutral field in January.

Alabama doesn't deserve a second chance at LSU. They couldn't even beat them on their on home field.

He's a West coast and Philly sports homer. Of course he doesn't think Alabama deserves a rematch.

After the events of this weekend, Alabama absolutely deserves a rematch. I'm not sure how anyone could make a legit argument for any other team over Alabama right now.

He's a West coast and Philly sports homer. Of course he doesn't think Alabama deserves a rematch.

After the events of this weekend, Alabama absolutely deserves a rematch. I'm not sure how anyone could make a legit argument for any other team over Alabama right now.

This plus a bundle.

There is no other team that deserves that chance right now. And only Alabama itself can change that last sentence. Beat Auburn and they are the team who gets the shot.

ducks getting smoked right now. we are an arkansas win over LSU away from there being complete madness.

Clearly no one wants to play LSU. They're losing on purpose to avoid the embarrassment. :)

You do realize Alabama doesn't get to play the rematch against LSU in another night game at home, right?

I'll make whatever bet you want to right now that Alabama isn't a 5 point favorite in Vegas over LSU on a neutral field in January.

Would be somewhere between a PK and LSU -2.

So who does "deserve" to play LSU?

I would actually say OK ST if they win the B12. The night they lost was right after the women's basketball coach and his assistant died in a plane crash.

The deserve a do-over more than a team that had their destiny in their own hands at home and blew it.

In a non-playoff suituation, if you can't win your own conference, you don't deserve to play for the national championship. I think it shoudl be just that simple.

EDIT: Some of us have lived this before. After the greatest college basketball of all -time, the NCAA was forced to expand The NCAA Tourney. Maybe this will lead to a football playoff.

Last edited:
You don't lose to Iowa State and get a second chance.

LSU, Alabama and Arkansas should be and will be 1-2-3 in the new poll.

After that maybe Virginia Tech 4, Stanford 5, Houston 6, Oklahoma State 7, Oregon 8, Oklahoma 9, Boise 10. Would entertain arguments for South Carolina or K-State jumping Boise.

Last edited:
I would actually say OK ST if they win the B12. The night they lost was right after the women's basketball coach and his assistant died in a plane crash.

The deserve a do-over more than a team that had their destiny in their own hands at home and blew it.

In a non-playoff suituation, if you can't win your own conference, you don't deserve to play for the national championship. I think it shoudl be just that simple.

Well it's not that simple. Circumstances are what they are. They blew it against a bad team, or an average team at best. I think OSU will lose to OU next week anyway. Are you then going to say that Oklahoma should play in the BCSCG?

Why even play the game? Just give LSU the championship and sees the bowls based on interesting match ups. If Alabama is the 2nd best team, the National Championship has already been decided.

Well it's not that simple. Circumstances are what they are. They blew it against a bad team, or an average team at best. I think OSU will lose to OU next week anyway. Are you then going to say that Oklahoma should play in the BCSCG?

I'd rather have Stnaford play than Bama. At least they may win their conference championship.

What may be the best match-up for LSU can't happen. USC is getting very good.

Know who is more against LSU-Bama II than me?

Them makers of No-Doz and ambien....and everyone who doesn't live in the south.

I can see the logic, but that's not the reality of the system.

Hypothetically, if OU beats OSU, Clemson wins the ACC, and UGA beats LSU to win the SEC, then who should play in the BCSCG? Let's assume that only conference champions are eligible.

That leaves UGA, Clemson, the Big East champion, Oregon, Oklahoma, Boise State, and the Big Ten champion to play for the title. All of those teams would have at least two losses, save Boise State. Meanwhile, there's the potential for 1-loss Alabama and LSU teams to be left on the outside looking in.

Last edited:

Guessing he'd say Stanford or Virginia Tech if they win out. I have no idea what he'd do if they don't.

Stanford is a joke. They also lost to a two-loss team that lost to LSU.

You should really just delete the USC comment. They lost to freaking Stanford.

The South is the reason there's money to be made in college football.

Doesn't Stanford need Oregon to lose again to have any chance to win their conference?

I'd rather have Stnaford play than Bama. At least they may win their conference championship.

The point is for the two best teams in college football to play.

I think you would be hard pressed into making an argument that Bama on a neutral field is not better than anyone that you've run out there. I am pretty sure you can make an argument that OK State "controlled its own destiny" but blew it @ Iowa State, unless you're trying to say losing @ Iowa State is better than losing by three versus LSU.

I understand the sentiment of people not wanting an all-SEC bowl game, but the job of the computers is to put the two best teams on the field, and they happen to be in the SEC right now.

Alabama has just as good, if not a better chance, of winning their conference than Stanford. Stanford needs Oregon to lose to a below average Oregon State to play in the PAC-12 championship - not likely. Alabama needs Arkansas, the number three team in the country, to beat LSU - also unlikely, but no more unlikely than Stanford winning the PAC-12.

So. Cal. has two losses. Even if they were eligible to play and win the PAC-12 CG, why are they a better pick than a 2-loss Big 10 champion or 2-loss Oklahoma team?

I get that, as fans, people don't want to see another defensive slugfest between Alabama and LSU, but that's a style argument - not a substance argument.

Back