• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS

Arkansas will choke it out to MSU this weekend, thus assuring that LSU will be in the SEC Champ. So, assuming LSU beats Ole Miss, it will only have to win one of two versus UGA/Ark to get to the NC. Mark it down.

Arkansas will choke it out to MSU this weekend, thus assuring that LSU will be in the SEC Champ. So, assuming LSU beats Ole Miss, it will only have to win one of two versus UGA/Ark to get to the NC. Mark it down.

One of two? I could easily see an lsu loss opening the door for Bama.....in this case losing late in the season would hurt lsu big time.

Last edited:
Isn't the order this year Fiesta, Sugar, Orange? What does that say about Cincy that the Sugar would apparently rather have Houston High School than them?

Houston still has to go on the road to Tulsa in the last game of the season with the CUSA division title on the line. Tulsa has 3 losses this year-- to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Boise State.

Yep. CUSA is not that bad this year. Probably the best non AQ league.

Isn't the order this year Fiesta, Sugar, Orange? What does that say about Cincy that the Sugar would apparently rather have Houston High School than them?

Cincinnati was in the Sugar Bowl two years ago and Houston is a lot closer to New Orleans.

Houston has to get through the rest of their schedule first to be considered.

The Conference USA title game should be pretty interesting. Potentially a 1 loss Southern Miss team vs an undefeated Houston Cougars squad.

I don't see a one-loss LSU making the BCSCG if that loss is to UGA in the SECCG. Surely they would send two one-loss conference champions (Oregon vs. OU, for example) before they would send a one-loss conference runner-up.

Even though they don't deserve it, the door is wide open for Bama now that OK State lost tonight. RMFT. Kill Auburn.

Even though they don't deserve it, the door is wide open for Bama now that OK State lost tonight. RMFT. Kill Auburn.

Bama lost a fluke game because Cade Foster sucks lots of dicks. They won't do it again. They'd be at least a 5 pt favorite over every team in the country.

Houston is a team with a legit offense with a significantly lesser defense. I don't think they match up well with Alabama, but they would have an even chance of beating most of the other top teams aside from LSU. I don't think their defense could get past the talent and size most top teams have on their O-line, which puts the onus on the Houston offense. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but against a top defense, they could have problems scoring enough to make up for their own defense.

ok so the OSU loss last night is obviously bad for OSU, but also bad for OU, as they would not get a bump they previously would have gotten if they manage to beat OSU. Assuming that the Ducks beat USC tonight, and I think they will handily, we are looking at an LSU-Oregon rematch in all likelihood. If UO and OU both manage to lose another game, the dreaded Bama/LSU rematch looks to take shape.

ducks getting smoked right now. we are an arkansas win over LSU away from there being complete madness.

Arkansas beats LSU next weekend. Alabama/Arkansas rematch in BCSCG?

Back