• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bed bugs: a millennial tries to cope

Damn Townie. This sucks. I'm so sorry mang.

I wouldn't wish bedbugs on my worst enemy. They absolutely wrecked DF09Toy's life for a good 3-4 months. She was in an apartment that would only pay to do the spraying treatment and couldn't/wouldn't treat the apartments around her.... so many loads of laundry and cleaning before she finally gave up, threw everything away but her clothes, and moved in with me (which did turn out great!).

You should probably find an illegal source of DDT and go to town on them.

:rulz: Unless you're kidding. DDT isn't effective on bed bugs. Plus, there's all the nasty shit that comes with DDT in the first place.

:rulz: Unless you're kidding. DDT isn't effective on bed bugs. Plus, there's all the nasty shit that comes with DDT in the first place.

Yeah I didn't think I needed the winky guy, but it was a joke.

Yeah I didn't think I needed the winky guy, but it was a joke.

We've seriously had field people request data on DDT. Like we can swing over to Grainger or Home Depot and grab some drums. And no shit- I had a guy actually inquire about using chlorine gas in a sealed space to eradicate. :tard:

Just make sure the treatments actually work. I've seen enough that don't, so Im skeptical. If I ever get THE BUG Im going #ScorchedEarth

We've seriously had field people request data on DDT. Like we can swing over to Grainger or Home Depot and grab some drums. And no shit- I had a guy actually inquire about using chlorine gas in a sealed space to eradicate. :tard:

Isn't Chlorine Dioxide often used for bed bugs?

Isn't Chlorine Dioxide often used for bed bugs?

Absolutely. Can be expensive but it is effective. However, this dope was talking about mixing ammonia, bleach, and hot water (to aerosolise). Uh, sure- just toss a little hydrazine or mustard gas in there, shut the door, and wait.

Absolutely. Can be expensive but it is effective. However, this dope was talking about mixing ammonia, bleach, and hot water (to aerosolise). Uh, sure- just toss a little hydrazine or mustard gas in there, shut the door, and wait.

LOL, ah i see. I've actually been more nervous about what people use to treat the bugs when I've come across problems than getting bit. A little itching definitely sucks and is more psychological, but life long birth defects and cancer is a bit more problematic.

LOL, ah i see. I've actually been more nervous about what people use to treat the bugs when I've come across problems than getting bit. A little itching definitely sucks and is more psychological, but life long birth defects and cancer is a bit more problematic.

The fact that they multiply and infest everything kind of sucks doe. Better to get it treated, or throw everything away.

Last edited:
Can you get your parents to help you? Maybe they can come up for the weekend and make these bugs go away for you?

Can you get your parents to help you? Maybe they can come up for the weekend and make these bugs go away for you?

They each live 6 hrs away :(

I was forced to make 3 separate phone calls BY MYSELF today and then do a lot of laundry and laying around moping.

PUSSY DESTROYER, more like.

2557fe4d881acbf466ea14c01882ddb23a7e0664a50ef4161e922aa7d9c5b77d.jpg

More like dryer doe

Sorry I'm late to this. I've had the pleasure of having bedbugs TWICE - seven years apart, in two different states - and it's the worst. You have to spray the hell out of where you're living, but you can do two other things to make sure you're not carrying them from place to place:

1. Put EVERYTHING in clear plastic garbage bags. The bugs can't get through plastic, but they will try and get out, so you can toss stuff in the bags and then check to see if there is any movement. This also allows you to transport things without shedding eggs or bugs everything.

2. Wash all of your clothes in HOT WATER. The heat + water kills bugs and eggs. Make sure you transport that stuff in said plastic bags.

good looks smoove

i got the clothes all in bags now in the basement away from my room

room got treated twice, and i'm taking the mattress to the dump, along with some books and loose shit

i think i've done every overkill thing i can to ensure the bugs don't make it to the new crib

every article of clothing i own has now been through two cycles of hot water and 4 cycles of heat dry

the dry clean only stuff i had (threw away like half) i heat treated, then had dry cleaned (like $300 in dry cleaning)

the pest control people seem to think it may have literally been one bug, because no one else in my house has been bitten, weeks later, and they haven't found any either time they came, with a bug sniffing dog, and with their crazy lights and shit

fingers crossed

for those who offered serious advice on this thread, i sincerely appreciate it

for those who will mercilessly tease me from here on out, just know that bed bugs have been all over the US, big cities and small, in businesses (including the Department of Health, lol) and on public transportation, in major airports, and all over the world - i wouldn't wish the experience on anyone

the bites don't do anything, but the psychological damage, i assure you, is real

good looks smoove

i got the clothes all in bags now in the basement away from my room

room got treated twice, and i'm taking the mattress to the dump, along with some books and loose shit

i think i've done every overkill thing i can to ensure the bugs don't make it to the new crib

every article of clothing i own has now been through two cycles of hot water and 4 cycles of heat dry

the dry clean only stuff i had (threw away like half) i heat treated, then had dry cleaned (like $300 in dry cleaning)

the pest control people seem to think it may have literally been one bug, because no one else in my house has been bitten, weeks later, and they haven't found any either time they came, with a bug sniffing dog, and with their crazy lights and shit

fingers crossed

for those who offered serious advice on this thread, i sincerely appreciate it

for those who will mercilessly tease me from here on out, just know that bed bugs have been all over the US, big cities and small, in businesses (including the Department of Health, lol) and on public transportation, in major airports, and all over the world - i wouldn't wish the experience on anyone

the bites don't do anything, but the psychological damage, i assure you, is real

Don't let them infest your pubes. Manscape, in case you don't already.

What if one crawled up your pee hole while you were sleeping?

Rumor is that some idiot came into work with bedbugs and now they are in our office.

Back