• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Benghazi Report- a clusterfuck

Tin foul hat time. The admin pushed the video narrative. The admin caught the suspect. The admin released the corroborating 'evidence' of the video being a factor. If they are going to lie the first time why not the second time. The second lie is always easier than the first. If I were hem that is exactly what I would do. Catch a suspect. Tell him to testify about the video. Let the suspect go/reduce the charges because he played ball.

The peaceful protest incited by a video narrative is silly. They laid siege to the embassy with heavy artillery. It's even sillier that there are educated people on this board still trying to defend that narrative.

Carry on.

I don't think it was a peaceful protest. It was clearly premeditated. The evidence also suggests that the video was significant motivation for the attack. The same video that the right wing has insisted had nothing to do with the attack.

So you and jhmd can quit building that strawman.

Last edited:
Wrangor, Issa, jhmd, Faux News all have an entire Lids franchise full of tinfoil hats they use about everything Obama.

Tin foul hat time. The admin pushed the video narrative. The admin caught the suspect. The admin released the corroborating 'evidence' of the video being a factor. If they are going to lie the first time why not the second time. The second lie is always easier than the first. If I were hem that is exactly what I would do. Catch a suspect. Tell him to testify about the video. Let the suspect go/reduce the charges because he played ball.

The peaceful protest incited by a video narrative is silly. They laid siege to the embassy with heavy artillery. It's even sillier that there are educated people on this board still trying to defend that narrative.

Carry on.

So many jewels in this post.

Who said it was a peaceful protest?

They're gonna let him go?

Where did you get so skilled and knowledgeable about lying?

Wrangor this is ,"The second lie is always easier than the first. If I were hem that is exactly what I would do. Catch a suspect. Tell him to testify about the video. Let the suspect go/reduce the charges because he played ball. " is batshit crazy.

Saying or even thinking that makes KanhojiAngre look like Arlington.

It's beyond a special kind of crazy hatred.

Interesting. Two mean girl posreps in one Benghazi thread. Where is the Obama connection here. Going to have to do some investigating and see what the admin is hiding. A clear diversionary tactic by PH and ONW.

Or maybe we were just incited by the video.

Wrangor condemning Obama and then saying "that is what I would do if I was him" is pure gold.

I'm still scratching my head over one thing.

The attackers had a plan that got them into position and their equipment set up very quickly, almost spontaneously. A terrorist attack like that with heavy weapons requires a nimble and agile team to get in and get set up and surprise the target. It's not like you are going to pull in that morning and start getting everything set up, break for lunch, run through the maneuvers, and then yell action.

Yet the fact that they had heavy equipment and complex plans is being used to counter the notion that the spontaneous video protests spurred the attack.

If anything, it makes more sense that the attackers used the spontaneous video protests as a springboard for their attack. The chaos provided cover and occupied their target's defenses.

Not saying had there not been a video protest that they wouldn't attack the embassy, but it would have been a much riskier mission and likely less successful. So really, the video protests and the heavy-weapon attack are inextricably tied.

Last edited:

"On Wednesday night, Democrats seized on the transcripts' release, which they say put to bed the notion that the military was ever given a stand down order.

"The release of the transcripts today underscores a number of important points," ranking member of the House Armed Services Committee Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash.) said. "First and foremost, our military did everything it could to save American lives in Benghazi. The military responded appropriately, quickly, to the best of its ability at that time, and no 'stand down' order was ever issued. Any suggestions to the contrary are offensive and downright wrong."

SHHHHHH don't tell Wrangor......it doesn't fit his narrative.

House Intelligence Committee declassifies its Bengahzi report.

-- Intelligence agencies were "warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened."
-- "A mixed group of individuals, including those associated with al Qaeda, (Moammar) Khadafy loyalists and other Libyan militias, participated in the attack."
-- "There was no 'stand-down order' given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, no illegal activity or illegal arms transfers occurring by U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and no American was left behind."
-- The administration's process for developing "talking points" was "flawed, but the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis."

chirp, chirp, chirp......

Of course those who echoed the unfounded lies of the RW talking heads are silent once again. Sworn testimony disproves each of their BS talking points, but they won't admit how wrong they have been.

They won't acknowledge their ignorance and hate filled screams were false.

Of course those who echoed the unfounded lies of the RW talking heads are silent once again. Sworn testimony disproves each of their BS talking points, but they won't admit how wrong they have been.

They won't acknowledge their ignorance and hate filled screams were false.

Nobody on God's green Earth thinks that the eight hour, coordinated(!) mortar bombardment on September 11th was spontaneous. No one ever thought that. No one would ever think that. Have you ever held a mortar tube in your hand? Do you even know how much eight hours worth of mortar rounds would weigh? Somebody's rolling around on an afternoon drive with handheld artillery and suddenly things got a little crazy? It takes the logistics acumen of a meat goat from the slow reading group to see that an eight hour, multipolar attack was preplanned. The very notion of spontaneous heavy armor attack doesn't survive a millisecond of scrutiny (which isn't forthcoming in your case, because OBAMA). The fact that they ever attempted to convince 300 million people of that six weeks before an election and 12 weeks after every other major western interest withdrew isn't confidence inspiring. That's what a lie looks like. I honestly can't believe you'd still be trying to spin your guy's way out of that quicksand. Cut bait already, Sideshow Rick.

Your credibility on national security issues was cast in stone on your January 2009 flip on the issue of Guantanamo. You were the leading shrill voice that emotionally railed against the very existence of Gtmo as a persistent and manifest threat to our national security. You swallowed that issue the minute your side got in office because you are a perfect patsy (and we haven't heard a lot of RJ's Greatest Hits from 2008, including "Warrantless Wiretapping is the Worst" since then). You won't even bat an eye when the President sends a flying robot over an American citizen and shoots them with a missile, but back in 2008 you cared if someone's feelings got hurt when the CIA gave them a swirlie during an interview. Watching you discuss national security matters is like watching a kitten play with a calculator. Methinks the kneepads have cut off the circulation to your brain again.

Last edited:
Nobody on God's green Earth thinks that the eight hour mortar bombardment on September 11th was spontaneous. No one ever thought that. No one would ever think that. Have you ever held a mortar tube in your hand? Do you even know how much eight hours worth of mortar rounds would weigh? Somebody's rolling around on an afternoon drive with handheld artillery and suddenly things got a little crazy? It takes the logistics acumen of a meat goat from the slow reading group to see that an eight hour, multipolar attack was preplanned. The very notion of spontaneous heavy armor attack doesn't survive a millisecond of scrutiny (which isn't forthcoming in your case, because OBAMA). The fact that they ever attempted to convince 300 million people of that six weeks before an election and 12 weeks after every other major western interest withdrew isn't confidence inspiring. That's what a lie looks like. I honestly can't believe you'd still be trying to spin your guy's way out of that quicksand. Cut bait already, Sideshow Rick.

Your credibility on national security issues was cast in stone on your January 2009 flip on the issue of Guantanamo. You were the leading shrill voice that emotionally railed against the very existence of Gtmo as a persistent and manifest threat to our national security. You swallowed that issue the minute your side got in office because you are a perfect patsy (and we haven't heard a lot of RJ's Greatest Hits from 2008, including "Warrantless Wiretapping is the Worst" since then). You won't even bat an eye when the President sends a flying robot over an American citizen and shoots them with a missile, but back in 2008 you cared if someone's feelings got hurt when the CIA gave them a swirlie during an interview. Watching you discuss national security matters is like watching a kitten play with a calculator. Methinks the kneepads have cut off the circulation to your brain again.

Ahh, the oldest trick on these boards- when your wailing and gnashing of teeth has been proven to be for naught, attack RJ. Make it about him, because you know he will respond, and hope that everyone pays attention to that as opposed to your flailing in prior posts.

Ahh, the oldest trick on these boards- when your wailing and gnashing of teeth has been proven to be for naught, attack RJ. Make it about him, because you know he will respond, and hope that everyone pays attention to that as opposed to your flailing in prior posts.

Right. You believe in the myth of the spontaneous heavy armor attack too, then?

The Administration spun a politically useful but fantastically impossible fable, and it was shortly thereafter debunked. Everyone who wasn't knee deep in the tank for Reelection knew it at the time, because it made absolutely no sense then or now. Most credible observers in the Administration---and Hillary Clinton---have since acknowledged mistakes were made, and they did their best to play the slow game with their testimony (Petraeus "went away" on the eve of his testimony and Hillary called in sick/concussed/something) until after she stepped down (and still threw a hilariously unPresidential fit). There is indeed plenty of flailing on this issue, but you're barking up the wrong tree, compadre.

I'll play.

I think they had a plan put together and the video protest provided the necessary cover/diversion to carry out the attack. Therefore, the albeit clumsy talking points you so vociferously stomp your feet about and blame for Mr. 46% Venture Capitalist's loss aren't really inaccurate. Opponents of this admin simultaneously call this the worst terrorist attack since 9-11 and turn around and demand complete answers in a matter of days. Perhaps they wanted to create an election year issue as badly as they accuse the Admin of trying to avoid one. Just maybe..

Back