• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Benghazi Report- a clusterfuck

jhmd, are you saying the State Department ignored advice from the military and the intel community?

jhmd, are you saying the State Department ignored advice from the military and the intel community?

I'm saying the State Department staffed the location when every other Western group pulled out, and was responsible for securing it. They knew that they were responsible for securing, which is why the felt compelled to mislead about the cause. It was a calculated risk on their part---again, read the cables---that backfired.

You can have all of the advisors you want, but the people in charge have to occasionally be accountable. You all had quite the fondness for holding Mr. Obama's predecessor accountable for acting on bad intel. That, too, seems to be suddenly out of fashion.

You make it sound like W was the passive recipient of bad intel. He and his band of war criminals doctored, created, and fabricated the bad intel!

You make it sound like W was the passive recipient of bad intel. He and his band of war criminals doctored, created, and fabricated the bad intel!

Nothing worse than a President who cherry picks politically useful information and then tries to pass it off as the best available evidence, right?

What were we talking about again?

I'm saying the State Department staffed the location when every other Western group pulled out, and was responsible for securing it. They knew that they were responsible for securing, which is why the felt compelled to mislead about the cause. It was a calculated risk on their part---again, read the cables---that backfired.

You can have all of the advisors you want, but the people in charge have to occasionally be accountable. You all had quite the fondness for holding Mr. Obama's predecessor accountable for acting on bad intel. That, too, seems to be suddenly out of fashion.

Are you fucking kidding me? Those assholes started a trillion dollar war that has killed a half a million people, displaced millions more, and left an entire region in chaos. LOL get outta here with that weak shit.

The ambassador wanted to stay, and was beloved by the people in the community, which is why he was killed IIRC. I agree, it was a calculated risk. But after it didn't work out and an attack made it through, you and Wrangor wanted some grandiose admission of guilt on TV where the CIC and the SOS hung their heads and threw themselves on the fire when - as this reports shows - there was "no wrongdoing."

suck it

Last edited:
"multiple investigative committees" have concluded that the Benghazi debacle didn't in fact blow up, contrary to all available evidence?

"multiple investigative committees" have concluded that the Admin's talking points were truthful?

Yes. Seven of them. Boehner just requested another. They declassified all of them two days ago, but I'm sure the bubble of Foxnews and Hannity that you live in might not have mentioned that.

"multiple investigative committees" have concluded that the Benghazi debacle didn't in fact blow up, contrary to all available evidence?

"multiple investigative committees" have concluded that the Admin's talking points were truthful?

Yes. Seven of them. Boehner just requested another. They declassified all of them two days ago, but I'm sure the bubble of Foxnews and Hannity that you live in might not have mentioned that.

It would be hilarious, if it were not such a somber subject matter.

Let me slow this down all the way to the apologist's level: Yes, the situation in Benghazi blew up. Please dispute this. Please.

I think the reason people post moving goalposts is because nobody knows what the fuck you are trying to prove or say here, killa.

They are going to have hearing to see who the real parents of Hillary's new grandchild are.

WTF are you even talking about anymore jhmd? No one is disputing the fact that people fucking died in Benghazi. You are arguing with yourself and losing somehow.

WTF are you even talking about anymore jhmd? No one is disputing the fact that people fucking died in Benghazi. You are arguing with yourself and losing somehow.

Easy there, drunkosaurus. You just got finished disputing that, twice, actually. Allow me to refresh your recollection.

First I said this:

No. The Admin chose to staff and undersecure an exposed position, had it blow up in their faces, and then lied about it.

Then you replied---speaking quite helpfully in absolutes---as follows:

You are aware that all of those "facts" have been proven incorrect multiple times now right?

<emphasis added to assist the impaired>

I reiterated, and then you again replied as follows:

You are aware that everyone of your assertions have been disproven multiple times by investigative committees with both Rs and Ds?

While you misused the word "everyone" when you should have said "every one", the spirit of the wholesale denial carried through. So if you wondering who denied that it "blew up in their faces", it was some poster named "ONW." To borrow a phrase, "multiple times."

At no point in time did I dispute that people died in Benghazi. The "facts" that I was referencing are the BS claims that you're making which have now been disproven repeatedly.

I misspelled a word. You win.

And I already know you're next post will be about the Secretary of State hiring people just to save you the time.

At no point in time did I dispute that people died in Benghazi. The "facts" that I was referencing are the BS claims that you're making which have now been disproven repeatedly.

I misspelled a word. You win.

And I already know you're next post will be about the Secretary of State hiring people just to save you the time.

Having since retracted 2 of the 3 things you once described as "all" being debunked, care to take a stab at salvaging the third, or no?

eta: FTR, you were the one who parachuted in to argue with "everything" I said. I'm not going out of my way to be a jerk on this point, but your tone in copying and pasting a blanket (and as we can now both agree, overbroad to say the least), unsourced refutation guided me towards returning your tone in kind. In case I misread your tone, you made it perfectly clear with post #752. Before you whine about my tone, take Michael Jackson's advice re the Man in the Mirror. Take a look at yourself. Make that change, ONW.

Last edited:
Actually, you are absolutely correct. Peace be with you.

Are you fucking kidding me? Those assholes started a trillion dollar war that has killed a half a million people, displaced millions more, and left an entire region in chaos. LOL get outta here with that weak shit.

The ambassador wanted to stay, and was beloved by the people in the community, which is why he was killed IIRC. I agree, it was a calculated risk. But after it didn't work out and an attack made it through, you and Wrangor wanted some grandiose admission of guilt on TV where the CIC and the SOS hung their heads and threw themselves on the fire when - as this reports shows - there was "no wrongdoing."

suck it

Lets be fair. The "entire region" was, is , and appears will be, in chaos.

Lets be fair. The "entire region" was, is , and appears will be, in chaos.

$1,000,000,000 well spent.

I'd prefer my taxpayer dollars not to towards making a nominal difference overseas and make the rich in the defense industry richer.

Back