• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bernie Fine

I feel like at the least there's a lack of the full truth being told. Whether it's for money or because worse things than the accuser wishes to describe to the public or what have you happened I don't know obviously

When does the retroactive investigation of Bill Guthridge begin? Old crusty white dude? Check. Assistant to a head-coaching legend for 30+ years? Check. Irrational fan base? Check. That would be the one silver lining to these recent revelations. Hell, I say we just accuse him now and see what happens.

Odds of Boeheim coaching at 'Cuse next year? Currently no greater than 40% in my opinion.

Vegas is taking bets on where the next abuse scandal will break. Wake is 400:1. BYU is the leader at 125:1.

I am sure Boeheim regrets his self-righteous indignation.

He has released a statement.

Jim Boeheim said:
The allegations that have come forth today are disturbing and deeply troubling. I am personally very shocked because I have never witnessed any of the activities that have been alleged. I believe the university took the appropriate step tonight. What is most important is that this matter be fully investigated and that anyone with information be supported to come forward so that the truth can be found. I deeply regret any statements I made that might have inhibited that from occurring or been insensitive to victims of abuse.

Hard backtracking by Boeheim. Odds just decreased to 33% that he coaches next year.

I wonder what happens to Mike Hopkins if Boeheim is forced out. It would really sick if he lost his job, because of what Benie and Boeheim did.

He posts sometimes on the running thread. His username might be hard to remember, it's JimBoeheim or something to that effect.

I am here, posts are pretty much exclusively on the running thread and generally have no interest in bumping this story nor would I expect anyone would care what I think about this on wake message board.

That said, bury Bernie Fine for all I care, I have heard enough. Jim made a fool of himself defending this scumbag.

Last edited:
How does Mrs. Fine get off? Seems to me she is as bad, if not worse, than McQueary. You know your spouse is abusing children and you do nothing. Welll, except to "console" him a few years later. I understand it is not a crime if you don't assist him, but I can't believe everyone seems to be giving her a free pass, even after we find out she started sleeping with the kid while he was still in high school, albeit age 18. Still.... I guess she doesn't work for the school or Athletic Department, so it isn't newsworthy and we can't call for her firing.

How does Mrs. Fine get off? Seems to me she is as bad, if not worse, than McQueary. You know your spouse is abusing children and you do nothing. Welll, except to "console" him a few years later. I understand it is not a crime if you don't assist him, but I can't believe everyone seems to be giving her a free pass, even after we find out she started sleeping with the kid while he was still in high school, albeit age 18. Still.... I guess she doesn't work for the school or Athletic Department, so it isn't newsworthy and we can't call for her firing.

Worse, I think. At least McQueary notified somebody. If Mrs. Fine knew all this was going on and did nothing at all about it, then she's a pretty pathetic individual.

Thanks for the link.
Some people believe the unvarnished truth can be heard in the Bobby Davis-Laurie Fine conversation.

That’s not what I heard. I heard a delusional woman who thinks her husband should hunt down “gay boys” for male companionship and sexual service. I heard a delusional woman trying to reason with a man whom she believed was previously sexually molested by her husband; a man (Bobby Davis) who claims to have had a sexual relationship with her more than a decade earlier.

I heard a mother allegedly covering for someone accused of child molestation.

I heard what The Post-Standard and ESPN likely heard in 2003. I heard what The Post-Standard and ESPN likely heard last week . . . before Tomaselli chatted with Bobby Davis. That’s right. The third accuser contacted the first accuser on several occasions before contacting the police.

Again, I’m not a defense attorney. And this column is not written to offer Bernie Fine exoneration. It’s written to point out that the search for truth and justice has been damaged by the media’s desire to capitalize off the Sandusky controversy.

How in the world did ESPN sit on this story?

How in the world did ESPN sit on this story?

Right. They've had this tape for years and have been sitting on it. Whitlock seems to think they released it to cover their asses for the criticism they were taking. I don't think the accuser gave it to investigators- maybe it was done after the investigation?

Last edited:
How does Whitlock's point make Boeheim or Fine look any better?

I can't wait to see what 6,000 fans in that dome looks and sounds like.

There's something not quite right about the accuser. Maybe it's because he was molested because Lord knows that fucks people up big time for the rest of their lives. He seems a bit off to me though. Squirrel-y.

Back