• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Besides Wake, what is the best school that accepted you?

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
I figured this is an interesting way for us to determine who we believe Wake Forest's real academic peers are.

For an unlisted school, make a unique post
For a previously listed school, copy and add to the original post.

NC State,
because I only applied to North Carolina ACC schools

I got into Wake and Mary Washington.

I applied to UVA early decision and was deferred which surprised me a lot and was left scrambling.

none, I applied early decision single choice.

this.

oh, but I got offered a full ride to MD without applying based on SAT scores (I am sure it was contingent on admission, but whatevs)

Got into Wake, UNC, Furman, and Campbell.
Wait-listed at Davidson.

got into UNC the day after i got into Wake. Could have torn up the letter for all I cared, I knew I was going to WFU the second I got the letter. Turned down 75% schollies to Meredith and Campbell.

Washington University, St. Louis
Southern Cal
UCLA

I guess UCLA is/was comparable, but I believe at the time Wash U and USC were several spots ahead of Wake in the rankings.

I didn't even finish an application anywhere but Wake.

I applied early admission to William & Mary and they rejected. Got into all the others - Wake, UNC, JMU.

Dartmouth: not accepted
Emory: wait listed
Tulane: accepted
Vanderbilt: wait listed

oh and deferred from early admission to D###*. accepted to WFU and just knew it was where i was supposed to go.

*i have learned not to mention that place by name. otherwise negreps will ensue.

oh and deferred from early admission to D###*. accepted to WFU and just knew it was where i was supposed to go.

*i have learned not to mention that place by name. otherwise negreps will ensue.

You'll still get negreps for even applying to that shit stain of a school. You lined their pockets with your application fee!

Dana College in Nebraska? Dean College in Nevada?

I applied to Wake early decision, had a my Furman (definitely would've gotten in) application ready to mail when I found out I got into Wake, but tecnically only applied to Wake.
Got a letter from UNC in February of my enior saying that I would get into UNC if I applied (not that I ever would have). I guess they were in need of men from mountain counties to fill a quota or something as I would've probably only been right around the average of students accpeted to UNC, slightly below average of students accepted to Wake.

Last edited:
Back