• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Besides Wake, what is the best school that accepted you?

University of the South
Fairfield Univeristy
Rhodes College
Trinity College (CT)

Then a bunch of schools that were recruiting me for athletic purposes.

Edit: I was flat out rejected from App State. It was the only school of 12 that rejected me. I had already been given a verbal scholarship by the coach recruiting me. My rejection letter included a form to fill out to attend classes at some Tech college near there and then a transfer form. It was amazing. To this day, I think they got my application switched.

Last edited:
Stanford: rejected
Georgetown: waitlisted
WashU: waitlisted - accepted (tennis)
Johns Hopkins: accepted (tennis)
Duke: accepted
Vandy: accepted
Emory: accepted (tennis)
Miami: accepted

Never understood the Gtown one, as my father was also an alum and we held the Tampa alumni parties a couple times. Probably would have gone there if accepted and then law school so happy it worked out as it did. Included a mention of the schools where tennis helped me get in.

Wofford and Virginia Tech. Got wait listed at UVAand straight out denied from Richmond which surprised me.

Had 50% ride at Oglethorpe, then I visited campus on a weekend and realized it was a suitcase school, so it was back to the drawing board. Applied to Wake, was accepted, rest is history.

Granted it was way back in 1987-88, but I applied to and was accepted at Duke, Virginia, UNC and Wake Forest.

I made the right choice in choosing to become a Demon Deacon, although it has resulted in a lifetime of heartache and frustration as a sports fan.

Somebody from Duke University called me (just after I had been accepted there) and told me how cool it was at Duke and how great it was going to be for me. There was a long silence on the other end of the phone when I told her that I had decided to go to Wake Forest. That made my day.

Clemson Honors College - they sent me a full scholarship plus other expenses (would have ended up getting paid $7500 per year to attend) and letter asking me to apply
Wash U in STL - accepted
UVA - rejected
Georgetown - accepted
Vandy - accepted
Auburn (software engineering program) - full scholarship into joint bacherlors/masters program with job guaranteed at graduation
Princeton - waitlisted/offered spot in January

I've not regretted choosing Wake except maybe for the Auburn program. Having a dual degree in that would be pretty nice especially with the guaranteed job.

Wake, early decision. Didn't apply to any other schools.

My other choices, if I didn't get in were going to be:
Richmond
Bucknell
UNC (safety school)

I applied to Baylor, Texas A&M and Auburn, and got in all three.

Looking back, I regret not even applying to Wake. My scores were definitely good enough, but I lived in Dallas at the time and most of my friends went to Baylor...and I ended up there as well.

Besides Lehigh, I also was accepted at Loyola (MD) and George Washington. Applied to Georgetown and was rejected. I didn't want to go there anyways.

none, I applied early decision single choice.

Same.

I had my apps for NCSU, Clemson and Georgia Tech ready to go since the postmark date was the same as Wake's announcement date.

Clemson Honors College - they sent me a full scholarship plus other expenses (would have ended up getting paid $7500 per year to attend) and letter asking me to apply
Wash U in STL - accepted
UVA - rejected
Georgetown - accepted
Vandy - accepted
Auburn (software engineering program) - full scholarship into joint bacherlors/masters program with job guaranteed at graduation
Princeton - waitlisted/offered spot in January

I've not regretted choosing Wake except maybe for the Auburn program. Having a dual degree in that would be pretty nice especially with the guaranteed job.

Wow...Wake over Princeton?

I didn't get accepted to Princeton, but I would have dropped WFU in a heartbeat if that one had come through for me.

Only applied to three others...

Texas- Accepted
Rice- Rejected
UVA- Waitlisted

I only applied to Davidson and UNC and was accepted at both. Knew I wanted to go to Davidson all along, but needed a safety school just in case.

Georgetown: Accepted (with a nice financial aid package)
Harvard: Waitlisted
UNC: Accpeted
NC State: Accepted
App State: Accepted

Back