• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Besides Wake, what is the best school that accepted you?

I applied to Wake, Davidson and UNC. Got into all 3. Chose Wake over Davidson primarily because Wake had ACC sports (insert laugh track and then tear slowly trickling down one cheek).

Very similar to this. I got into Wake, UNC and Washington & Lee (the only three schools to which I applied) and ultimately chose Wake over W&L due to the ACC athletics factor.

Villanova
George Washington
Clemson
Providence (hometown, realistically was my second option behind wake)
Boston University (wanted to go until I visited the campus, wasn't for me)
Pacific (whimz, never visited)
Loyola-Chicago (safety, never visited)

Oh, and Stonehill, but that was actually eliminated the second I visited that campus... Good God it is awful there. Some Liberty-of-the-north shit.

Looking back, I guess I had no idea what the fuck I wanted? Wake was my first choice though, and I'm pretty sure I said "fuck it, yes" before I saw a financial aid package... Which has led to crippling debt, but HEY NO REGRETS

Last edited:
UVA was the best school that accepted me that I didn't go to. Also got in Davidson and W&L.

UVA was the best school that accepted me that I didn't go to. Also got in Davidson and W&L.

Funny. Got into UVA and Davidson as well (visited, but didn't apply to, W&L), but I would have said that Davidson is a better school than UVA.

Crazy thing is that my dad absolutely forced me to visit Wake while on a road trip to visit UNC and Davidson. Ultimately decided not to apply to UNC, FTW.

I sincerely hope you're kidding about turning down Harvard.

i mean, it looks like the decision came down to money (among other things, i'm sure). if you think you can make the most out of one school and it's going to cost you a fraction of what another 'better' (ok, much better) school will cost you, why not?
i won't lie and say i wasn't also surprised, but it's not the worst LOLWTF decision a person can make... :noidea:

Recruited to play basketball at Wash U. Only applied Wake regular application time. I was not struggling for confidence as a young man (or stupidity).

Undergrad- Applied to Emory and UGA. Emory offered 1/2 ride, UGA was free + extra cash + crazy credit for AP stuff.
Law School- Applied to GW, Georgetown, and UGA. UGA lost my letters of recommendation (and lost the entire files for a couple of my friends), GW & G'Town waitlisted me. So, Wake was my only actual acceptance. Once it came it, I pulled the trigger immediately.

Other schools accepted to:

Villanova
UMass
Albright - basketball coach interested -no scholarship-brutally depressing town
UVT

Undergraduate: Delaware, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame

Graduate: Vanderbilt

Back