• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best 3pt shooter all-time (Monday JR Reid)

Charlie Davis. If he had played in the 3 point era.

This.

I know you have to be an old fart to realize it, but the only reason CD is not the answer is that they hadnt gotten around to drawing the line when he played.

And what is Tim 'Mr. Class' Duncan going to say? Wish I had gone to Providence with Pitino so I would have won a National Championship?

Was it really the coaching or a student that would absorb everything that was thrown at him?

Pop must be a genius, since he made Tim an NBA ROY and 1st team All-NBA in his first year.

Pop is the first one to tell you it's all Tim and Tim is very much responsible for his success in SA.

The next thing you will try and tell me is Odom told the team at the end of OT in the ACCT in 1995 'only give the ball to Childress everytime'.

Providence with Pitino... you're proving to be the dumbass I've always thought you were.

Barnes wouldn't be a bad second choice behind Pitino. He's seen a final 4 from the sideline.

Dennis Scott is my vote.

If we ever expand the discussion beyond the ACC I nominate Steve Kerr.

It's Dennis Scott and then everyone else.

He shot 42.2% for his career from deep, and he hit more per season than anyone who ever played in the ACC (117 per season for his career, including his freshman year where he "only" hit 98). If he had played 4 years, Redick would have never even SNIFFED the career number he put up. And Scott had no soul or conscience. He just fired it up from everywhere, with people in his face or not.

He also owns the NBA single season record for 3 pointers made in a season. The guy was an unreal shooter.

I'm not a Redick apologist but 117 x 4 is 468. Reddick hit 457 in his career- 114/ year avg and 130/ year over his last 2 seasons.
You don't think that's even a sniff???
Also, anyone who thinks all Redick could do is shoot 3's and FT wasn't really paying attention. Unfortunately developed all aspects of his game during his college career.

Dennis Scott is probably the answer though.

Reddick is the best i have seen. Best game he played was #1 Duke against #2 Texas in MSG. He dropped 41 and the dookies ran away with it. He was hitting any kind of shot you could think of. Just unstoppable at times.

CD had a sweet stroke. It would have been great to what he could do with a three point line. He was the best long range shooter I ever saw in person - then Dell Curry came around. I really hate to say it, but J.J. Redick is a better long range shooter than either of them.

I'm not a Redick apologist but 117 x 4 is 468. Reddick hit 457 in his career- 114/ year avg and 130/ year over his last 2 seasons.
You don't think that's even a sniff???
Also, anyone who thinks all Redick could do is shoot 3's and FT wasn't really paying attention. Unfortunately developed all aspects of his game during his college career.

Dennis Scott is probably the answer though.

Scott would probably have hit close to 150 his senior year playing with Kenny Anderson, he hit 138 his junior NPOY season. Even if he just hit 130 he would have buried Redick.

Lets not forget that Scott is 6'8" which means he can get his shot off on almost anyone, anywhere.

That's the differnece in Scott setting NBA 3 point records and JJ being a role player.

Dennis Scott and Nick Anderson were unstoppable on NBA Jam TE.

Scott would probably have hit close to 150 his senior year playing with Kenny Anderson, he hit 138 his junior NPOY season. Even if he just hit 130 he would have buried Redick.

by 24. correct. 6 more per season. Not even in the same league.

Scott is also much less annoying having never played for Duke.

I'm going to say Mark Price.

I think he played prior to the 3 pt. shot being introduced in college basketball, so I'd put him in the CD category, i.e. would have been deadly if the 3 pt. shot were around.

Back