• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

The post demonstrates a complete lack of awareness about the profession in general.

I guess that I would be miserable too if I had to justify a Donald Trump presidency. At least Plama can just spring for Chantix. There's no cure for the jhmd blues.

I, for one, am shocked that jhmd made a hugely off-base statement. Shocked.

You guys are so desperate to hand out an L that you're reaching for anecdotes and #feelings.

I am sorry I don't agree with your opinion about your anecdotes. That's not what losses are made out of, though. Losses are made out of predicting a landslide victory and giving up 300 EV in the other direction, and being completely unable to deal with it to the point that you run around demanding that others yield the right of way to your opinion about your anecdotes. Feelings aren't victory, though. As Wake fans who are Democrats, I understand if you've forgotten where the lines are.

Last edited:
You guys are so desperate to hand out an L that you're reaching for anecdotes and #feelings.

I am sorry I don't agree with your opinion about your anecdotes. That's not what losses are made out of, though. Losses are made out of predicting a landslide victory and giving up 300 EV in the other direction, and being completely unable to deal with it to the point that you run around demanding that others yield the right of way to your opinion about your anecdotes.

technically, you lost, too

I am sorry I don't agree with your opinion about your anecdotes. That's not what losses are made out of, though. Losses are made out of predicting a landslide victory and giving up 300 EV in the other direction, and being completely unable to deal with it to the point that you run around demanding that others yield the right of way to your opinion about your anecdotes.

apparently, no one cares what you have to say when you won't take the L

I am sorry I don't agree with your opinion about your anecdotes. That's not what losses are made out of, though. Losses are made out of predicting a landslide victory and giving up 300 EV in the other direction, and being completely unable to deal with it to the point that you run around demanding that others yield the right of way to your opinion about your anecdotes. Feelings aren't victory, though. As Wake fans who are Democrats, I understand if you've forgotten where the lines are.

And now jhmd turns into Bob 1. It's a slow creep of Republican soul-death for jhmd. Hits every Republican differently.

LOL the average public school teacher isn't 1) working 60 hours a week 2) working (at that job) a lot during the 3 month summer break.

y'all are donks. Strick - You're getting a PhD. You're not teaching the same social studies class you have for 20+ years.

LOL the average public school teacher isn't 1) working 60 hours a week 2) working (at that job) a lot during the 3 month summer break.

y'all are donks. Strick - You're getting a PhD. You're not teaching the same social studies class you have for 20+ years.

Do you know any public school teachers?

This thread is solely about the secretary of education. Do you consider her nomination an L for the administration and therefore the country? You are able to answer this irrespective of how it may trickle down to affect you and your children.

He's your President too. Take the L.

Principals do work most of the summer. I know my wife did when she was an asst. principal (except the three weeks they closed for Ramadan, but that's a whole different thing).

And for the record I think DeVos is a disaster. But it doesn't mean public school teachers are working year round accountant tax season hours, get real.

Who doesn't? My college roommate is a public school Principal.

You should ask him how much he works. And if he considers his job a part-time job.

Yeah, but have you heard the #anecdotes?

Back