• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

i role-copped you the night before we hit you. Even after we knew you were the gf Hunter we almost didn’t hit you. We were choosing between you and townie. Ended up going with you and telling gooner to hit townie. He hit someone else instead.

oh well then I'm glad I breadcrumbed numbers. lol.

still didn't help.

I forget who said it but whoever tried the "why is Gooner alive" argument like I was Eagles, that was the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me in mafia

I think the balance issues with the indy faction might be solved by giving a heads up or some sort of information that Jimmy has turned into Saul and found so and so

granted that would've screwed duff because he had to role claim but hey... it is what is.

I forget who said it but whoever tried the "why is Gooner alive" argument like I was Eagles, that was the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me in mafia

I’m sure it was meant in earnest and not sarcastically, as I read it.

Juice, why did you investigate me? No talking my way out of that one. Well done.

And I’m a shit mafia teammate. I bailed on my boys after I died. Sorry bym.

We sorta followed the bym school of copping. Don't investigate eagles day 2. Investigate people likely to make endgame or hard to read.

Townie I just want to say that I never meant to come across like I was yelling at you and I apologize if it did. I was civ at the time and there were a bunch of better candidates to me so I genuinely didn't understand why I was even being considered by people and I interpreted you as being serious in going down that line. That's why I was trying to say votes for me were dumb without going full Nonny (which would have gotten me killed for sure). I truly just wanted to separate out who could be or couldn't be which mafias and then move forward based on the odds and I had a huge vote for dv7 that should have eliminated me from being considered maf 1. But it's hard to convey that when you yourself are the subject matter. I appreciate all who play the game and try to figure things out. I also march to the beat of my own drum and I don't mean for that to come across as a dick/asshole type vibe. So I'm sorry.

i know the content of your heart, which is velvety soft

I just think traitors are dumb roles. Maybe not so bad if there is some kind of notification...it's still just a fuck you and only fun for people watching. Gooner basically got inside info from both mafias once that happened.

Juice, why did you investigate me? No talking my way out of that one. Well done.

And I’m a shit mafia teammate. I bailed on my boys after I died. Sorry bym.

investigating people that often make the end game and that were less likely to be watched (if it were a thing)

I thought I was recruitable given my write up or was going to be given tasks/powers

when neither happened I changed my ID and thus alignment with Indy

Whoever RB'd be ended up being your death, I got your $1 million, but my protection didn't take because I was roleblocked.

I think PH not getting to search until after Gooner found a recruit was too much of a handicap. Gooner was already superpowered to begin with, and this was even more in his favor. I understand that you want roles to really match up in game with the show, but sometimes considerations need to be made for gameplay purposes. Just constructive criticism, as I have made the same mistake in the past.

In fairness, the only thing Gooner had going initially was the search for mike and kim. He found Mike first but was still a civ. It was not until he found Kim that both of them changed alliances from civ to indy, so there wasn't much point to an indy searcher. Now, in fairness, gooner should have found duff much sooner but he obviously hates duff and didn't want him as a teammate. No matter how much I narrowed his list, he wouldn't pick duff. The list was down to 4, he chose 2 and when I said "not Kim", he responded, "damn, I knew it was D14".

I think it threw everyone that I came in under attack with zero posts, got completely pissed off, defended two people, and basically said fuck it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good strategy by bym and toogs to attack me and eagles before either of us had even showed up and then come in again the second I responded.

I really felt like from the outside - and I haven’t been playing as much- that there are definite power dynamics and it is frustrating to be outside those circles. Several of you are talking about Boston’s vig hit and it buying another round... not blinding killing manning day one and trying to lynch a mafia person does the same thing. Quite honestly, he isn’t going to change his play based on you killing him day 1 for a few games. He’s still going to do what he’s going to do. Townie isn’t really in any of the power circles, he tends to think for himself. He tried very hard to make a connection between you and Duff and leave some links. Despite all he did in this game NO ONE looked at a thing he said after he died. He played as close to a perfect game as you can and you guys are all giving him props and when he was dead, he was dead. That was it. Kind of why I stopped playing, I was really frustrated the last game I played for that very reason. If you aren’t in a circle, you may get listened to here or there but that’s about it.

I came back to play for parlay and immediately got annoyed by bym of all people calling me out for not posting and then the inner circle’s self-righteous and pointless policy lynch of manning. So no, I wasn’t trying to find civs or mafia other than obviously pointing out bym and toogs were dirty as shit for what they were doing. Then when the next day started with people immediately jumping down Duff’s throat it was just more of the same shit and I wasn’t having it. It wasn’t exactly in the civs best interest to just follow the leader like lambs to slaughter... unless the people doing the leading were the cops. So I can see why you had trouble figuring out my role and why toogs and bym decide to just kill me and get me out of the game.

I don't think I attacked you before you posted.

Incorrect.

The first time I said I didn’t hate you anymore was the nicest thing anyone has ever said about you in mafia. Obviously.

You have actually done a somewhat decent job growing up into a moderately nice human person from when I met you, Goon. ♥️

Incorrect.

The first time I said I didn’t hate you anymore was the nicest thing anyone has ever said about you in mafia. Obviously.

You have actually done a somewhat decent job growing up into a moderately nice human person from when I met you, Goon. ♥️

lol you're right, QT, my mistake. Muchos gracias.

In fairness, the only thing Gooner had going initially was the search for mike and kim. He found Mike first but was still a civ. It was not until he found Kim that both of them changed alliances from civ to indy, so there wasn't much point to an indy searcher. Now, in fairness, gooner should have found duff much sooner but he obviously hates duff and didn't want him as a teammate. No matter how much I narrowed his list, he wouldn't pick duff. The list was down to 4, he chose 2 and when I said "not Kim", he responded, "damn, I knew it was D14".

Yeah. It would have been tough to do. But like I said earlier, things could have been more balanced if Howard and Chuck had been searching for Jimmy all game.

I don't think I attacked you before you posted.

You didn’t.

But I’m glad that’s what you took from that whole post. I am curious as to why you killed me though when you easily could have gotten me lynched this game. Was it just so you didn’t have to listen to me any more? That’s understandable.

I just think traitors are dumb roles. Maybe not so bad if there is some kind of notification...it's still just a fuck you and only fun for people watching. Gooner basically got inside info from both mafias once that happened.

I can’t decide if I fully agree with this or am just salty I was on the wrong end of it. I do agree that Gat should not have both been the traitor of our mafia and in control of Nacho (Toogs). We couldn’t message toogs and had to rely on Gat for the back and forth. It did not end up mattering in this game as we did not really use toogs to help our mafia, but I could see that being a big problem.

Anyway, just want to say again that this game was fun, thanks to the mods.

You didn’t.

But I’m glad that’s what you took from that whole post. I am curious as to why you killed me though when you easily could have gotten me lynched this game. Was it just so you didn’t have to listen to me any more? That’s understandable.

We respect your game esp mafia hunting, and thought your "attitude" had a smell of civ special or power player.

I also disagree about your ideas on power circles. I think that was true once, but not any more. This community is actually very deep and strong and nearly anyone can die early or live late. The only power circles are demonstrated below, and the diagram also speaks to the other thing you are wrong about: policy lynches, and the manning one in this game specifically.

440bg3.jpg

Back