• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

I’ve supported universal healthcare longer than you’ve been alive. But the quickest way to get to universal healthcare is to not actually support universal healthcare.

Manchin is the reason politics are trumping the good of the country. He's to blame. He's allowing trumpism to stop progress.

The latest rube outrage on Twitter is “well actualing” Kamala Harris for having the nerve to tweet that she hoped people enjoy the long weekend. Lotta outrage over her being too callous to mention the real meaning of Memorial Day even though, you know, it’s not actually Memorial Day yet.

Last edited:
ok but wasn't the whole reason we elected the guy that he worked in the senate for 200 years and knew how to get things done across the aisle

ok but wasn't the whole reason we elected the guy that he worked in the senate for 200 years and knew how to get things done across the aisle

No. It doesn't take a genius to know who Republicans (and Manchin and Synema) are - we all knew it.

Biden abandoned any pretense at bipartisanship over his first 100 days, despite not having a mandate to do so. It will come back to bite him.

Biden abandoned any pretense at bipartisanship over his first 100 days, despite not having a mandate to do so. It will come back to bite him.

How is everything you say the exact opposite of what has actually happened, Junie? It's incredible, really. Props.

Shoosh,

I assume that your post was directed at me, but you should know that I don't read your posts anymore. Keep responding to my posts if you want--I don't care--but know that I'm not going to read your posts, whether posted by you directly or quoted by someone else. It's just not worth my time.

If you want to interact with me, though, just follow me on Twitter!

Hugs,

WakeBored

I agree that he disregarded any efforts toward bipartisanship but

1) that is the correct thing to do in this world of GOP obstructionism

2) his biggest challenge has always been with his own party anyways

and my question is

3) how do you figure it will come back to bite him? It feels as if there has been little movement among his supporters and detractors. Seems as if his presidency has been net neutral to electoral politics, generally speaking.

If Biden had stuck with some idealistic bipartisan dream, despite all the evidence that the GOP is incapable of acting in good faith, I'd think that would be the strongest evidence of dementia anyone had found on the guy.

Most Republicans in Congress couldn’t even cast a bipartisan vote to certify Biden’s election. How are they going to cast bipartisan votes on voting rights, immigration, infrastructure, or any other nuanced policy?

Townie and Junebug need to get out with that nonsense unless Townie explains how Bernie would have gotten Manchin’s vote and Junebug explains how to work with people 100% dedicated to your failure.

Right now, the math works against Democrats. The 2022 Senate map is more favorable if Democrats show up.

Last edited:
Look at all the good that came from weeks of negotiation and Democrat concessions over the January 6 commission.

Yep. There’s no good faith bipartisan negotiation with people who believe Benghazi! was worse than Jan 6.

And we know Republicans won’t face consequences for it. Either there’s no commission or Republicans deride whatever there is as partisan. And media will go along with it.

They cannot afford to pass anything that will make Biden or Dems look good, so they won’t.

And when stuff like covid relief sneaks through via reconciliation they come back to their districts and take credit for it even though they voted against it!

These are not serious people.

Back