• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by 9/11/21

I had forgotten that Trump 'negotiated' with the Taliban.

Woof.

And Biden needs to rescue this shit fast...he's a street fighter, so I have faith he will figure it out, now that it has gone to hell...

This has turned into a complete homer board to defend whatever narrative your party likes. It would be humorous if not sad to complete lack of logic and rationalization to defend asinine positions. Take off your blinders as even Dems are blasting Biden as seen below. The issue is not staying or leaving Afghanistan or whatever you think of Trump's negotiating with Taliban, but executing withdrawal of american citizens and those Afghans that supported the US efforts. Some have said Biden had been communicating we would be out by 9/11 but guess what it is 8/18. He should have been crystal clear in communications to those there as I'm sure some even doubted 9/11 given he is a politician. It is now well known that he dismissed virtually every intelligence and military voice that warned him that it could quickly deteriorate with the path Biden chose instead of focusing on evacuations first. complete disaster and glad there are some actual Dems that haven't lost their ability to reason and see it for what it is. Not to mention the public spectacle to the world of incompetence.

Democratic Senator Bob Menendez, chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, issued a scathing assessment of Joe Biden administration’s withdrawal from Afghanistan and pledged his committee to investigate its “flawed execution.”

The senator said the committee would “seek a full accounting” of the US exit, Donald Trump’s “flawed negotiations” with the Taliban, and the Biden administration’s failure to anticipate the rapid collapse of Afghan security forces despite assurances.

All of this has already been addressed by lefties on this thread, so thanks for adding nothing (other than re-confirming that dems actually attempt to hold their own accountable).

Now tell me how Republicans held Trump accountable for his many failures/acts of treason/stripper payoffs, etc., or you know, how they are holding the domestic terrorist insurgents egged on by their party accountable. Pretty sure we know who the homers are.

Milley today said that they couldn't foresee that the Taliban would have taken over so quickly. I am highly skeptical of the suggestion Biden would have completely ignored advice from his joint chief's of staff regarding withdrawal procedures. Just because it quickly becomes a right wing talking point doesn't make it true and seems very out of character.

I welcome congressional oversight so that we can separate fact from propaganda.

Last edited:
We're about the same age, although I admit it is hard to tell from looking at each of us.

All of this has already been addressed by lefties on this thread, so thanks for adding nothing (other than re-confirming that dems actually attempt to hold their own accountable).

Now tell me how Republicans held Trump accountable for his many failures/acts of treason/stripper payoffs, etc., or you know, how they are holding the domestic terrorist insurgents egged on by their party accountable. Pretty sure we know who the homers are.

Exactly, what about Trump and strippers? Anyone talking about that?

Milley today said that they couldn't foresee that the Taliban would have taken over so quickly. I am highly skeptical of the suggestion Biden would have completely ignored advice from his joint chief's of staff regarding withdrawal procedures. Just because it quickly becomes a right wing talking point doesn't make it true and seems very out of character.

I welcome congressional oversight so that we can separate fact from propaganda.

Republicans are going to assume the over sight is as toothless as they would give a pub President and they’ll get on Fox News and declare it a worthless investigation before it even starts.

That said, Biden is going to repeatedly be put in positions of having to clean up Trumps messes. This plan wasn't hatched on his watch but he had to solve it.

Just like inflation/Covid. We voted Biden in because we expected him to be orders of magnitude better than Trump.

Cortes was a Trump advisor in the 2020 presidential campaign, and he now hosts a show on the right-wing Newsmax network. Yet another compassionate conservative when it comes to resettling Afghan refugees.

Not to mention his father was an immigrant from Colombia.

Cortes was a Trump advisor in the 2020 presidential campaign, and he now hosts a show on the right-wing Newsmax network. Yet another compassionate conservative when it comes to resettling Afghan refugees.

What a buffoon. I’m one that think our border is disaster and has to fix it, but if there is ever a time to raise your hand to rescue these refugees who will likely be tortured or killed it is now. These people are truly refugees and as long as some vetting to insure no al Qaeda connections then you need to do everything you can for those that helped our efforts or been part of Afghan gov. Not to mention the millions of girls that are likely to become sex slaves of Taliban and Christians who will now be hunted down although I’m sure no way to help them all and most probably trying to flee country now.

The hawk establishment Dems are gonna do a Benghazi on Biden

The hawk establishment Dems are gonna do a Benghazi on Biden

Yep.

The problem is there are 10-15K Americans trapped under Taliban rule right now. If Biden could have just gotten us out clean this would have been an incredibly popular decision, and the war hawking fuckstick Neocons/libs wouldn't really have much support bitching about Biden and the Taliban 3 months from now, because nobody gives a fuck. Now MSM will be running emotional story after story that riles up the click bait rubes.

Worst case scenario is that we send a shit ton of troops back into Afghanistan in an effort of removing the remaining American civilians and then they stay again indefinitely. Basically we went through this cluster fuck and the forever war continues.

Now we could get Trump in 2024, a forever war in Afghanistan, and embarrassed ourselves on a national stage. All being fueled by the dipshit media.

Back