• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by 9/11/21

Anyone have a breakdown of who the 10-15k trapped Americans are? They dual citizens, people with family there, contractors, aide workers? Like everyone including the Taliban knew the US was leaving but somehow these people missed the memo?

This thread speculates that the toxic environment that Trump created at Dept of State and the mistrust Trump fostered between government employees and especially between State and DoD led to miscommunications or no communication at all and therefore execution errors in the Afghanistan withdrawal procedure. For example, DoD goes and decides to vacate Bagram without consulting with DoS and two months later DoS is left without an exit strategy. He doesn't site sources or present evidence, it is just a theory of the mismanagement:

Anyone have a breakdown of who the 10-15k trapped Americans are? They dual citizens, people with family there, contractors, aide workers? Like everyone including the Taliban knew the US was leaving but somehow these people missed the memo?

it's probably just a bunch of rich white kid backpackers

You have no grounds for complaints about the president's schedule after "executive time" and "spending hundreds of millions in taxpayer money at my own golf resorts" Trump. And incoherence is now a problem? Were you really that fooled by Trump's cadence that you missed he told the American people to inject disinfectant?

We should be able to have a discussion about President Biden that revolves around President Biden.

We should be able to have a discussion about President Biden that revolves around President Biden.

I thought we were talking about Afghanistan for the sake of the safety and security of the Afghan people.

Yeah, sure but this one of the problems with electing an incompetent narcissistic reality show buffoon to the white-house. It lowers the standard for everyone thereafter and sets new norms for assessing the performance thereafter. Good job GOP.

You told us that you didn't care about that.

Americans in general. Until this weekend. Just like you.

So you’re not even pretending this isn’t just partisan politics.

I think it was just a miscalculation of what the chaos would actually look like. There was going to be chaos when leaving, Biden decided it was worth it, also coldly calculated that nobody would give a shit about Afghanistan in x number of weeks. Outside of Democrats deciding to return to oversight and Republicans playing political games nobody will give a shit about Afghanistan and move onto the next media hot topic.

I'm actually interested to hear your take on this -- assuming a withdrawal was set to occur in 2021, how should it have been different?

what were the specific decisions where Biden fucked up?

The consent manufacturing sector is really humming now for a complete re-invasion, from the videos and photos we've already seen (organic) to the thought pieces on how Afghanistan is sitting on lithium and other precious metals we need, to only interviewing the generals and Blob talking heads (similar to the fixation the press has with interviewing unvaccinated people, rural Trump voters, etc.). The way I see it is there are purely partisan networks (Fox, MSNBC, etc) and there are opportunistic networks, and each has a vested interest in spinning this as atrocity rather than placing it contextually as a generational end to a war.

I recognize the risk and reality of brutality the country now faces at the hands of the Taliban, but where was this fury when our Afghan trained military was raping young boys en masse? Where does the frustration over the hundreds of billions funneled to a few Northern Virginia area contractors and arms manufacturers and war think tanks who just took this huge L go?

You have no grounds for complaints about the president's schedule after "executive time" and "spending hundreds of millions in taxpayer money at my own golf resorts" Trump. And incoherence is now a problem? Were you really that fooled by Trump's cadence that you missed he told the American people to inject disinfectant?

Why aren't we talking about golf and bleach?

sailor, you did pretty well to drop the "lube" bit a month or so ago; or at least it seemed so. I get that you are cackling to yourself every time about how funny you are, but it's genuinely stupid and takes away from any points you might actually be trying to make. If you're going to continue using it, could you at least explain the joke? (note: same is true for "GQP").

The consent manufacturing sector is really humming now for a complete re-invasion, from the videos and photos we've already seen (organic) to the thought pieces on how Afghanistan is sitting on lithium and other precious metals we need, to only interviewing the generals and Blob talking heads (similar to the fixation the press has with interviewing unvaccinated people, rural Trump voters, etc.). The way I see it is there are purely partisan networks (Fox, MSNBC, etc) and there are opportunistic networks, and each has a vested interest in spinning this as atrocity rather than placing it contextually as a generational end to a war.

I recognize the risk and reality of brutality the country now faces at the hands of the Taliban, but where was this fury when our Afghan trained military was raping young boys en masse? Where does the frustration over the hundreds of billions funneled to a few Northern Virginia area contractors and arms manufacturers and war think tanks who just took this huge L go?

Doesn't matter got paid.

In all honesty we just need to get out of there without mass casualties and we are good. No normal people want to be in Afghanistan still.

sailor, you did pretty well to drop the "lube" bit a month or so ago; or at least it seemed so. I get that you are cackling to yourself every time about how funny you are, but it's genuinely stupid and takes away from any points you might actually be trying to make. If you're going to continue using it, could you at least explain the joke? (note: same is true for "GQP").

lube = leftist + rube
GQP = GOP + QAnon

Back