• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden

How I feel is well documented. But I’m wondering whether Biden’s most ardent supporters on the Tunnels feel there are beginnings of some cracks in that armor he has worn the last 3 years as President. Can he survive all that’s going around him (real or conjured up) or will the Dems leadership dump the current ‘24 ticket?
this was not a simple question. The bolded parts all show that there was a significant agenda behind the question.

I do not read or watch Fox News and while not a Biden supporter appreciate HC giving me strong reasons why he still has a tremendous amount of credibility among Dem supporters.

The people on the other side are basically the worst people in the universe. That’s why people support Biden. It’s really one of the easiest things in the world to understand.

Align yourself with the people that are supported by racists, misogynists, nazis, etc…. Or support the alternative, such a hard decision.

Aren’t you a big believer in poll numbers? Am I missing something or his “electability” not at all in question? If you were Dem Party Chairperson, would you be concerned?

just to remind everyone, Pop doesn't like Biden because he's not a dictator like Trump

Biden displays the worst "type" of leadership, second only to the Bully perfected by Dump and now his protege DeSantis. Great Leaders seize the moment, initiate a course of action and pursue it no matter what others may think. They LEAD. They are not slaves to public opinion but outspoken and decisive. Biden is a consummate Politician, a follower, not a Leader. He rarely if ever distinguished himself in the Senate nor shown, in my view, any leadership qualities as President. He has failed to gain consensus within his own Party even when they controlled Congress. His Administration, the individuals he has chosen to surround himself with are frozen in place, inept, and like their leader, ineffective. As far as choosing not to vote, I will be seeking out a third party candidate I can support. If I don't find one I will chose to take the "lame" way out rather than support two individuals I neither respect nor admire. We "settle" too much with our Leaders today. I won't be joining that lot. Hard pass.

Align yourself with the people that are supported by racists, misogynists, nazis, etc…. Or support the alternative, such a hard decision.
Not a hard decision at all; but my question remains. Is Biden the best alternative for the Democratic Party? Can they do better?.

And there’s the biggest douche on these Boards chiming in. I stand on my feelings about Biden.
Too bad you can’t make a point without bringing Trumps name into it. What a simpleton.

Not a hard decision at all; but my question remains. Is Biden the best alternative for the Democratic Party? Can they do better?.
So you are voting for Biden over the GOP nominee?

And there’s the biggest douche on these Boards chiming in. I stand on my feelings about Biden.
Too bad you can’t make a point without bringing Trumps name into it. What a simpleton.
Simpleton? You ask the broadest, most open ended question(s) and provide ZERO evidence that supports your non-fox-news-influenced-extremely-nuanced-and-sourced-theory.

Oan it is I guess.

1. There is more than a year from the election.
2. Current metrics like the economy point to strong figures for an incumbent (but as said more than a year out)
3. You don’t replace an incumbent
4. Incumbents rarely lose.
5. The potential challenger already lost and is worse off than ever before.
6. You don’t need to run a primary which is massive for funding and attacks.

So no there isn’t a better alternative.

So we have this "Biden" thread and a thread called "White House" (or whitehouse") started by someone who graduated in 1973. I guess the new boomer thing is to start a thread with the most general title possible. We'll know if Biden is too old if he comes on here and starts a thread titled "Politics".

Continues to amaze me how one can ask a simple question on this political board and many of you wonder what agenda is behind it and how it couldn’t be an original thought. It’s the old boomer bastard, the closet right winger who just likes to stir up shit like all old people do. Boomer bastards. Oh well, I should be use to the attack mentality by now. I do not read or watch Fox News and while not a Biden supporter appreciate HC giving me strong reasons why he still has a tremendous amount of credibility among Dem supporters. Thank you for your post and respectful response. I learned somethings from your points and would agree that the chance of his not being nominated by his Party is slim. But it continues to be in this senile mind a possibility. Time will tell.

Were you so unaware of the points in HC’s post that it got you reconsidering your original trollish question? If so I think it’s fair to wonder about your awareness and why you felt the need to post this thread in the first place?

an incumbent President who is overseeing a successful transition out of the COVID mess and has re-established American leadership on the world stage after the fucking debacle that your party enabled from 2016-2020?

Who would be a better alternative?

Such a bullshit thread. My guy comes on here and says the Green Teel is a beautiful duck. Get real. Green Teel doesn't even make my ducking top 5. There is the Mandarin Duck, the Harlequin Duck, and the classic Wood Duck, heck the uniqueness of the Indian Runners makes them a superior duck. Next thing you know, people are going to be saying that the Ruddy Duck is the best of the diving duck species.

This is the problem with these here boards, everyone is allowed to have an opinion, no matter how stupid it is. Next, people who think scaups and scoters aren't ducks will be telling us we are all wrong. It's embarrassing.

No; I will be supporting a third party candidate still to be determined.

The devil you don’t know is better than the devil you do I guess.

I’ll add the following to the points Louis Gossett Jr made above.

The 2024 general election is shaping up to be a rematch of an election Biden won. Biden has plenty of accomplishments in his first term. Trump has plenty of indictments with more to come.

The “age” argument (not the broader gerontocracy problem) rings hollow vs. Trump. Also should the worst happen, we have a younger VP. I also think this cabinet would be more likely to invoke the 25th amendment should Biden suffer serious disability.

What are the cracks in the armor?

Biden will be the nominee unless there's a health issue preventing it. His current opposition 16 months out from the general election are wacko Marianne Williamson and conservative-running-as-a-Democrat anti-vaxxer RFK Jr.

Back