• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BIG FUCKING WIN!!!!!!!!!!

It is great to have some kids to cheer for as well. I mean, of course I cheered for us to win last year, but it got hard at times with the level of mental play. This is a group I can get behind win or lose as they continue to play smart, controlled, and within themselves. Good win.

Come on guys, that was a great 40 minutes of basketball. I can count the times I yelled at the tv for boneheaded plays on one hand. Nikita, Nikita, McKie, Tony, Tony. -In our best years, Vidauerreta and Strickland averaged at least that many themselves.

In addition, Travis had a bad night. He shot poorly from the line, and wasn't a dominating presence like he usually is. Kids stepped up, and our best player didn't have to be perfect to earn a win. That is the sign of a team.

We didn't commit a single foul for over TEN minutes in the second half! While solidly defending! We moved the ball on offense and opened shots for our shooters (and made some of them!). When our shooters weren't getting open, Carson hit some big threes. While I don't necessarily want him doing that often, it is important to have that threat, at least.

This game showed signs of improvement, signs of effective coaching, and signs of kids that actually care!

Who cares if this win isn't 'big' in the context of our program as a whole? It shows a marked improvement, and demonstrates evidence that things WILL turn around.

Come on guys, that was a great 40 minutes of basketball. I can count the times I yelled at the tv for boneheaded plays on one hand. Nikita, Nikita, McKie, Tony, Tony. -In our best years, Vidauerreta and Strickland averaged at least that many themselves.

Absolutely right! Humongous win for us based on performances last season and with how bad many of the other ACC schools performed in the challenge, I like out chances of not finishing last this season. Great to watch a team effort with solid defense, passing and OMG team work.

There were a couple of boneheaded plays but I have to say far far fewer than under previous coaches and I was very pleased to see [Redacted] take out a player here and there after a boneheaded or poor play. A few seasons ago I would be screaming at the tv because of an ill advised 3 from our only rebounder or with no one underneath only to watch it brick and dino sit on the sideline idle. Thank GOD for a coach with the kahunas to pull a player when a lesson needs to be learned.

Based on some of the neg reps I have received (all unsigned of course) there are a few people around here that want us to lose so they can be right about our coach. That must be a sad way to live.

Based on some of the neg reps I have received (all unsigned of course) there are a few people around here that want us to lose so they can be right about our coach. That must be a sad way to live.

There is certainly a fear among many in our fanbase that Bzz will do just enough to keep the job without ever actually accomplishing anything substantial. Fear of mediocrity. Mediocrity kills hope. Not a single person I know cheers against the team, but they worry that limited success is just going to prolong the suffering for everyone involved.

The negreps you've received are probably just because you've taking a "see, I told you so" stance after one win over an ok/bad team. :thumbsup:

This. I just want to enjoy it. I don't want to rub it in anyone's face, but I think we make [Redacted] out to look much worse than he really is. Is he going to be a guy that can take us to Sweet 16s and beyond? Hell if I know. But he's not terrible, and I think he deserves a chance.

My thoughts exactly.

For me the encouraging thing is not necessarily that we got the win, but that we played good clean basketball on the road with a squad that is undersized and without an overwhelming amount of talent. After Dayton and the rest of the games, it seems to be becoming a bit of a trend. ASU looks more like an anomaly. That is what's encouraging. I would have been happy with this game even if we lost considering the state of the team, but the win is just a sweet, sweet bonus.

There is certainly a fear among many in our fanbase that Bzz will do just enough to keep the job without ever actually accomplishing anything substantial. Fear of mediocrity. Mediocrity kills hope. Not a single person I know cheers against the team, but they worry that limited success is just going to prolong the suffering for everyone involved.

The negreps you've received are probably just because you've taking a "see, I told you so" stance after one win over an ok/bad team. :thumbsup:

??????

When have I done that? That would be damn near impossible because I am not Buzz In (firmly in the BussWaitAndSee camp).

i

One turnover, whole second half.

??????

When have I done that? That would be damn near impossible because I am not Buzz In (firmly in the BussWaitAndSee camp).

You started the thread and that's the tone of the biggest Bzzinners on this thread (whether intended or not) and 1-2 others, so you're being lumped in with it.

You started the thread and that's the tone of the biggest Bzzinners on this thread (whether intended or not) and 1-2 others, so you're being lumped in with it.

That is the problem with Buzzouters. They view supporting this team (as this thread is clearly doing) as BuzzIn. I said nothing about Buzz in this thread.

??????

That simpleton country neck Jason never made the leap over here from DS Scout, so it looks like the SUNSHINE BRIGADE has its newly self-annointed leader!

let-the-sun-shine-in.jpg

SKINSNDEACS:circlejerk:

Last edited:
I will 100% admit to being sunshine. I am an eternal optimist but I try not to let it cloud my judgment. Like I said, I am BuzzWaitAndSee.

I thought it was a significant improvement. lol.

??????

Don't you know that ol' Happy Grillmore makes the rules for fandom out here?

Back