• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BIG FUCKING WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also proud this week to be able to say wake is 1 of the 4 teams who actually won in the Big 10/ACC challenge

I'll give credit where credit was due....this was a great game, great effort, great coaching job. Had them on their heels for most of the game. Fantastic win. Best of [Redacted] era.

I think Coach [Redacted] did a great job of switching defenses and keeping Nebraska frustrated throuhout the game. He probably had a good idea about game planning for Nebraska since he faced them twice a year with Colorado. The players did a great job of not turning the ball over but once in the 2nd half which prevented easy baskets for the Cornhuskers.

Great games by Carson and Chase! Solid efforts by CJ and Travis. Great win towards the rebuilding of the program. I don't think we are world beaters yet, but it's a definitely a step in the right direction.

I'm also proud this week to be able to say wake is 1 of the 4 teams who actually won in the Big 10/ACC challenge

Wake and UVa are the only teams to win this year and last year.

Let's make a run at 11-2 before ACC play starts. Not that far out of the realm of possibility, if you look at the upcoming schedule. We may not be the most talented group, but man I enjoy watching these guys play.

Let's make a run at 11-2 before ACC play starts. Not that far out of the realm of possibility, if you look at the upcoming schedule. We may not be the most talented group, but man I enjoy watching these guys play.

Easy there buddy. I agree, I LOVE watching these guys play. They are a fun group, and they are learning and progressing. We have two tough road games against Seton Hall (who looks decent this year) and High Point, and this is a young team, so we could maybe see a couple more performances like Arizona State. But I am optimistic, and I am just really fucking happy that we won a close game on the road tonight. Huge goddamn win.

Found out tonight that the people across the hall in our dorm care about Wake basketball too!!!

Group hugs were had...been at least since freshman year!!!

We were losing to Stetson and Presby at home last year, winning on the road against most BCS conference teams is a big win.

Not a program changer but certainly a game the team can build on.

I'm thrilled about the performance of the team tonight and Chase in particular. It seems like it has been years since we have had a pure shooter on our squad who can consistently knock down the open three point shot. To have this type of performance, as a Freshman, during a road game in a "hostile" environment is definitely impressive and makes me optimistic about his future at WFU.

The Quad should be rolled tonight as WFU basketball fans have been waiting for a win like this for a long time. Consistency is important. Hopefully we can build on this performance. The Spiders will be a challenge on Saturday - but it is definitely a game we can and should win. I am anxious to see which version of our team will appear at LJVM on Saturday.

For the first time, in a long time, I can say - "CAN'T WAIT" (Bart Scott voice) for the next game. Go Deacs! Beat Richmond.

Found out tonight that the people across the hall in our dorm care about Wake basketball too!!!

Group hugs were had...been at least since freshman year!!!

This made me cry a little on the inside.

This made me cry a little on the inside.

Honestly the first time in 4 years that somebody from across the hall has wanted to come watch basketball with us. Certainly not from our lack of trying...we were in rare form too...drinking since 6!

I'm thrilled about the performance of the team tonight and Chase in particular. It seems like it has been years since we have had a pure shooter on our squad who can consistently knock down the open three point shot. To have this type of performance, as a Freshman, during a road game in a "hostile" environment is definitely impressive and makes me optimistic about his future at WFU.

The Quad should be rolled tonight as WFU basketball fans have been waiting for a win like this for a long time. Consistency is important. Hopefully we can build on this performance. The Spiders will be a challenge on Saturday - but it is definitely a game we can and should win. I am anxious to see which version of our team will appear at LJVM on Saturday.

For the first time, in a long time, I can say - "CAN'T WAIT" (Bart Scott voice) for the next game. Go Deacs! Beat Richmond.

Not likely...sigh.

Wake protects the ball much better this year than last, they defend a hell of a lot better. Ball movement is greatly improved and effort is up ten fold.

Has anyone else noticed how little they foul? (Sans Nikita) They've played a lot deeper into second halves without putting the other team into the bonus. I love seeing actual improvement. With a good front court this would be a tourney team. I am very happy with what Carson provided tonight. Hope Walker can provide enough to slide him to the 4 and have him spread the floor more for the Deacs.

A step in the right direction tonight. There's no doubt in my mind coach buzz has us getting back to where we want to be

Wake protects the ball much better this year than last, they defend a hell of a lot better. Ball movement is greatly improved and effort is up ten fold.

Has anyone else noticed how little they foul? (Sans Nikita) They've played a lot deeper into second halves without putting the other team into the bonus. I love seeing actual improvement. With a good front court this would be a tourney team. I am very happy with what Carson provided tonight. Hope Walker can provide enough to slide him to the 4 and have him spread the floor more for the Deacs.

This is especially key given our depth issues.

We also get to the line a lot.. part by design, part by CJ and Travis' strengths.

Our suite did our part on the trees closest to us. Unfortunately it was just 5-6 of us. We got the best of the trees though haha!!!

I shouldn't really complain given that in 3.5 years I have yet to wrap the trees.

Back