• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BIG FUCKING WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a definite BzzOuter, but tonight's win was a lot of fun. No, Nebraska isn't any good either, and yes, it took career nights from Carson and Fischer to keep us in it, but this is still something to be proud of.

The thing that struck me the most was how much the rest of the guys on the bench were up and cheering on their teammates in the second half. It really is clearly evident that the team chemistry is light years ahead of last year's team.

Program builder for coach was the line the ESPNU studio guys used.

When we add Codi, Tree and Moto, we become a competitive team. If Devin is as good as we think he may be, we become good.

If we get anything out of Tyler and Dre, we could be very good.

Oh man. That feels good.

This. I just want to enjoy it. I don't want to rub it in anyone's face, but I think we make [Redacted] out to look much worse than he really is. Is he going to be a guy that can take us to Sweet 16s and beyond? Hell if I know. But he's not terrible, and I think he deserves a chance.

I'm a definite BzzOuter, but tonight's win was a lot of fun. No, Nebraska isn't any good either, and yes, it took career nights from Carson and Fischer to keep us in it, but this is still something to be proud of.

The thing that struck me the most was how much the rest of the guys on the bench were up and cheering on their teammates in the second half. It really is clearly evident that the team chemistry is light years ahead of last year's team.

It took career nights from Carson and Chase, but damn, their big guy was killing us too.

QFT!!

It took career nights from Carson and Chase, but damn, their big guy was killing us too.

If Carson is Charmin, their big guy was Angel Soft. We're not going to see pillow fights in the post like that too often.

I am sure that will be the line from the hardcore Buzzouters but we were a double-digit underdog on the road. If you can't see progress you are blind (not directed at you DeacMan...just sayin)

Understood. It is a nice win and a sign of progress - Carson in particular (the old addage about big men needing a year and half proves true again). I just don't think you can call it a "program builder".

I had this in my "no way we win" bucket so really happy about getting the w. Now onto to Richmond.

I was wrong after Arizona State and Texas Tech. We are better than we were last year.

And we're fucking Wake Forest circa 2011 not 1995. This is a win to build on. I'm BuzzOut as anybody and I can't ignore how big of a win this is given the state of the program. Don't get so caught up in division that we can't just enjoy a quality road win if it's not against a quality opponent.

Well said sir

It was a road win over a top 60 kenpom squad. I'll take it.

If Carson is Charmin, their big guy was Angel Soft. We're not going to see pillow fights in the post like that too often.

True...but there are not too many bruisers in the low post in the ACC

I think we might actually win an ACC game now. Solid Sendek style win.

Yes we aren't very good, however I like the offensive movement (for the most part) and of course we need to get better inside but lets stop hating on everything these coaches do and give them credit for a well coached game and a great gameplan to get te win on the road!

Only 1 turnover in the second half.

ETA: and we out rebounded them too...is this bizarro world?

We also did an excellent job of not fouling tonight

Is it wrong that I celebrated after the game like we just won the NCAA tournament? Whatever, it is just fun to watch our guys playing hard, and having fun, and getting a close W. This is definitely a fun group to watch.

Back