• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Money Behind Buzz

Coach K's first 3 years at duke caused a mini-rebellion with Duke fans. Their club is called the "iron dukes" and at that time there was another group that came about called the "concerned dukes".

Coach K's record for his first three years:
17–13
10–17
11–17

Buzz's record:
8-24
13-18
11-14 (to date)

In Coach K's 4th season he went 24-10.

What does this prove? Essentially nothing. K was building a program. Buzz has been building a "culture" There were signs of progress with Coach K. With Buzz we're just sinking deeper in the mud. I understand that instant success isn't assured. But neither is delayed gratification a guarantee of any success.

I don't speak to any members of the BoT but it was very clear to me from the beginning that Bz wil be back next year.

Ben Sutton isnt even close to being the most wealthy individual in Winston, let alone the most wealthy and influencial donor to WF.

When I'm home over the next week I'm going to sit down with Doofus and put together a list of coaches who we think would do a better job than [Redacted]. Going to take some time googling who the head coach of Fort Saginaw Delta Valley Community College of Sisters for the Blind and Poor who Believe in Voldemort State is, but we're going to do it.

No, but he is one arrogant dude. I laughed when I toured the new IMG offices and his personal office was about 10 times as big as anyone else's.

He also donated 12 million so students can have better athletic facilities. What a greedy bastard.

15 coaches that immediately come to mind ahead of Jeff [Redacted]: Tom Crean, Tom Izzo, Coach K, Roy Williams, Brad Stevens, Shaka Smart, Mark Few, Bill Self, JT3, Bo Ryan, Bill Donovan, Jamie Dixon, Mike Brey, Tubby Smith, Thad Matta. I could continue naming more than 200 others before I got to Jeff, but he's right, no more than 10 in the country I'd want my son to play for.

Perhaps he meant that he can think of 10 coaches that his son could play for? At the rate the team is going down the tubes, walking onto the team should be no problem for anyone.

Coach K's first 3 years at duke caused a mini-rebellion with Duke fans. Their club is called the "iron dukes" and at that time there was another group that came about called the "concerned dukes".

17–13
10–17
11–17

Buzz's record:
8-24
13-18
11-14 (to date)

What does this prove? Essentially nothing. K was building a program. Buzz has been building a "culture" There were signs of progress with Coach K. With Buzz we're just sinking deeper in the mud. I understand that instant success isn't assured. But neither is delayed gratification a guarantee of any success.

Coach K also beat some top 20 teams in the first two years.

They should view him as a large part of the problem. People like him facilitated this bullshit.

I agree. If I'm Ben Sutton I'm pissed as hell that Bzz is currently our coach and I'd want him fired. However, in public, I'd do exactly what he did. Support Wellman and the Univeristy 100%. Only behind closed doors would I voice my disapproval.

Reactions: DG3
I'm really at a loss at how they're going to spin this season into next season.

I could kind of understand how gullible people would buy that we needed to get rid of some bad apples and get a full season out of Tony Chennault in order to be successful in Year 2.

I could kind of understand how gullible people would buy that we needed new talent from a large freshman class especially at PG in order to win in Year 3.

I don't understand how people can buy that we're going to be an NCAA Tournament team without our best player coming back simply based on improvement from the freshman year to sophomore year of players who haven't been all that impressive. Not to mention there are 7 months for these kids to get into trouble and invalidate the culture argument.

Edit: Daniel Green will have to take his jersey down from the rafters to actually play next season.

This is just polite small talk on Sutton's part.

I read in another thread that Mrs. Bzzz hates it at Wake. Also, don't forget that daughter Bzz is graduating this year. This is all the additional information that we need to know to deduce that Bzzz is gone after this season.

Bottom line: When momma's not happy in the household, nobody's happy!

I'm really at a loss at how they're going to spin this season into next season.

I could kind of understand how gullible people would buy that we needed to get rid of some bad apples and get a full season out of Tony Chennault in order to be successful in Year 2.

I could kind of understand how gullible people would buy that we needed new talent from a large freshman class especially at PG in order to win in Year 3.

I don't understand how people can buy that we're going to be an NCAA Tournament team without our best player coming back simply based on improvement from the freshman year to sophomore year of players who haven't been all that impressive. Not to mention there are 7 months for these kids to get into trouble and invalidate the culture argument.

Edit: Daniel Green will have to take his jersey down from the rafters to actually play next season.

Especially considering our only freshman coming in next year will be Miles Overton and the return of Daniel Green.

This is just polite small talk on Sutton's part.

I read in another thread that Mrs. Bzzz hates it at Wake. Also, don't forget that daughter Bzz is graduating this year. This is all the additional information that we need to know to deduce that Bzzz is gone after this season.

Bottom line: When momma's not happy in the household, nobody's happy!

in that household i'm fairly sure that Buzz is the Mrs. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

17–13
10–17
11–17

Buzz's record:
8-24
13-18
11-14 (to date)

This would be a great point if [Redacted] was 38 years old. Bz is only 6 years younger than Coach K. He's not going to magically blossom into one of the best college coaches in the country.

Guys who get where this guy is don't get there by expressing their opinion. They get there by toeing the party line.

Back