• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Money Behind Buzz

This should be retitled "BoT politics 101: A how-to"

But continue with the overreaction.

Nobody can seriously say with a straight face that Wake will go to the tournament next year can they? I mean that's just spin from whoever says it.

This would be a great point if [Redacted] was 38 years old. Bz is only 6 years younger than Coach K. He's not going to magically blossom into one of the best college coaches in the country.

very true. I was fine with firing Dino. I really thought we could do better. When Buzz was hired I was confused, then crestfallen. If you're going to go with an unproven entity, which is fine, go with someone young that has potential. Don't go with a washed up journeyman whose best years are behind him.

Nobody can seriously say with a straight face that Wake will go to the tournament next year can they? I mean that's just spin from whoever says it.

Wellman speaks of the ACC tourney. Bzzz will take us here, but lose in the first round...as usual

That Duke 1983-84 team had young Tommy Amaker, David Henderson, Johnny Dawkins, and Mark Alarie.

It's only a matter of time now.

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

very true. I was fine with firing Dino. I really thought we could do better. When Buzz was hired I was confused, then crestfallen. If you're going to go with an unproven entity, which is fine, go with someone young that has potential. Don't go with a washed up journeyman whose best years are behind him.

His .500 season at the YWCA?

Class of '80. Appears his son is class of '14 (assuming that's who is referenced by the P'14). Unless he's currently playing for the team, I don't really understand the "I can think of 10 coaches I'd want me son to play for" line.

http://magazine.wfu.edu/2012/02/23/ben-sutton-jr-winston-salem-n-c/

“I came to understand mostly however that it’s the blend that makes the recipe — rich kids, poor kids, white kids, black kids, old Wake Forest, new Wake Forest, Republicans and, yes, Libba, a few Democrats,”

I don't think this guy would agree with me about a lot of things.

That Duke 1983-84 team had young Tommy Amaker, David Henderson, Johnny Dawkins, and Mark Alarie.

Yea, only the all-time leading scoring recruiting class in the history of college basketball

And they practiced hard. Just ask them...

it was the culture that really set that team apart from the rest of the YWCA. Really great culture. They shared the capri-suns. but they weren't great on tuesdays

it was the culture that really set that team apart from the rest of the YWCA. Really great culture. They shared the capri-suns. but they weren't great on tuesdays

Ya, but 7 girls quit that year because they had temporary tattoos and were caught eating candy cigarettes.

and he's not stupid enough to say something that could be considered inflammatory when people in the audience could potentially broadcast what he said. Now, if he said this to p4nthers11 in confidence, that's one thing... but in public? Means nothing.

Buzz needs 13 wins or he is gone. That's the fact of the matter.[/QUOTE]

You have been all-in on this opinion, for some time now. What do you know?

Reactions: WRS
Who would think any individual of any prominence would state that the coach needs to go on the college campus...just ain't gonna happen, IMHO!

In private, probably already knows how this will play out...

The OP said this was a paraphrase, and first-person witness testimony is notoriously unreliable.

In my heart, I hope he said "There are about ten college coaches that my 5 foot 2 inch, 14 year old son COULD play for right now, and one of them is Buzz."

Back