• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BIG NEWS ON RECRUITING FRONT, boys!!!!

There's a similar [Redacted] story involving some Denver Nuggets (Kenyon Martin and another). According to Roy Bean, it partially led to his demise there.

There's a similar [Redacted] story involving some Denver Nuggets (Kenyon Martin and another). According to Roy Bean, it partially led to his demise there.

Wait, Bzzz tried to gentlemen up a team of NBA players? Grown ass professional men? Is that what you're saying?

For fuck's sake

For some reason this just sounds racist to me. And I hate when people call that out.

Oh, WAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I certainly didn't intend it that way. I just don't think learning etiquette should be the priority now. You know, given the 24 losses and all. Fortunately, I don't think I'll be banned here for accidental racism like I probably would have on the other board. So that's a plus.

Wait, Bzzz tried to gentlemen up a team of NBA players? Grown ass professional men? Is that what you're saying?

For fuck's sake

Something like that.

Story goes that Nuggets players went out to a restaurant, ran up an aclohol bill of several thousand dollars, and left without a tip. [Redacted] later makes them go back to the restaurant, apologize, and leave a tip. Kenyon Martin and others get pissed, stop playing hard, team goes on a multi-game losing streak. Kiki Vandewghe (how the fuck do you spell that guy's name?) decides to keep the players, gets rid of [Redacted], brings in George Karl.

Ultimately, I think the joke was on Kiki. Kenyon Martin was awful, and the Nuggets subsequently scrapped him too.

Also, I applaud the [Redacted] actions there. But I used to work at a restaurant, so I'm a little sympathetic to staff there.

Ἀχαιμενίδης;6343 said:
Oh, WAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I certainly didn't intend it that way. I just don't think learning etiquette should be the priority now. You know, given the 24 losses and all. Fortunately, I don't think I'll be banned here for accidental racism like I probably would have on the other board. So that's a plus.

I get your point, but it has more to do with players as a reflection of the university. If we didn't care about how we're perceived in the community, Tony Woods would still be playing basketball at Wake Forest.

Something like that.

Story goes that Nuggets players went out to a restaurant, ran up an aclohol bill of several thousand dollars, and left without a tip. [Redacted] later makes them go back to the restaurant, apologize, and leave a tip. Kenyon Martin and others get pissed, stop playing hard, team goes on a multi-game losing streak. Kiki Vandewghe (how the fuck do you spell that guy's name?) decides to keep the players, gets rid of [Redacted], brings in George Karl.

Ultimately, I think the joke was on Kiki. Kenyon Martin was awful, and the Nuggets subsequently scrapped him too.

Also, I applaud the [Redacted] actions there. But I used to work at a restaurant, so I'm a little sympathetic to staff there.

Good dude move, sure.

Terrible career move. It's the fucking NBA, not the Air Force Academy.

Yea, that's true Irish. The NBA is a crazy place. Head coaches really have to turn a blind eye to all kinds of crazy shit that their players do.

I get your point, but it has more to do with players as a reflection of the university. If we didn't care about how we're perceived in the community, Tony Woods would still be playing basketball at Wake Forest.

In my mind, that's very different than eating a steak with your hands. But yeah, you're probably right that manners and such should be addressed at some point. Just maybe not right now.

Yea I don't know the whole situation on the Tony Woods situation. That story blew up on the boards so quickly and people now discuss it as Woods drop kicking his girlfriend or something. The stories I heard were much more mundane - apparently he shoved her. The back injuries weren't caused by him (so I hear), and she even asked for charges to be dropped (her mother, who wasn't in the room, asked for them to be maintained).

So yea, I'm not down with hitting girls, but I think the Woods thing was far less damning than we all made it out to be. We acted like he was Chris Brown meets Charlie Sheen.

Also Irish check your PM. Only reminding because I myself forget to check it on these new boards.

Also Irish check your PM. Only reminding because I myself forget to check it on these new boards.

Trying to dissuade PMs on this board, so I'll respond here:

Interesting stuff, but if Bzz is half the prick in real life that he comes across as in the media, none of it matters.

Also, there's little to no chance he'll ever win back/over the fan base. He's a dead man walking. If he's such a good dude, he should see the writing on the wall and leave.

Last edited:
Meh, I just don't think he's such a huge prick. I think he's an idiot when it comes to the media, and probably doesn't care for it at all, but I don't see him as arrogant as dv7 does. Defensive, yes, but not pretentious or arrogant.

Trying to dissuade PMs on this board, so I'll respond here:

Interesting stuff, but if Bzz is half the prick in real life that he comes across as in the media, none of it matters.

Also, there's little to no chance he'll ever win back/over the fan base. He's a dead man walking. If he's such a good dude, he should see the writing on the wall and leave.

Agreed. It would take a top 3 ACC finish or some tourney success for him to get people back on his side and that's not happening anytime soon. ACC mediocrity is his ceiling.

His defenders apparently believe that if we can play Clemson tight in a couple of years then we are back. I don't see how we get back to beating Unc or Duke even at home at least under Coach Bz.

Buzz is an arrogant and pretentious prick. Evidence goes all the way back to how he treated his Air Force team by lying to their faces. Such a jerkoff.

Hey BUZZ, pass the A-1

man-eating-raw-steak-11.jpg

not a buzz defender but the steak and tab stories aren't all that bad. these stories sound bad because bzzz sucks in other areas of life/being a coach. if coach k set up etiquette classes for his pansy boys at duke, it would seem like a genius move.

Something like that.

If your boss forced you to do something like that how would you feel?

That's really ridiculous.

Yea I don't know the whole situation on the Tony Woods situation. That story blew up on the boards so quickly and people now discuss it as Woods drop kicking his girlfriend or something. The stories I heard were much more mundane - apparently he shoved her. The back injuries weren't caused by him (so I hear), and she even asked for charges to be dropped (her mother, who wasn't in the room, asked for them to be maintained).

So yea, I'm not down with hitting girls, but I think the Woods thing was far less damning than we all made it out to be. We acted like he was Chris Brown meets Charlie Sheen.

A person very close to the situation agreed with the jist of this post. He didn't think the situation was clear cut at all.

Back