• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BIG NEWS ON RECRUITING FRONT, boys!!!!

I have no idea if the story is true or not, but it is very bad form to actively denigrate the players and university in order to attempt to boost the stature of the head coach.

No question this story is making the rounds to make it look like goodly Jeff [Redacted] is doing everything he can to coach a bunch of savages left to him by the cultureless Dino Gaudio. It makes the players look bad, their HS coaches look bad, and the university look bad for admitting such neanderthals in the first place.

I thought this was gonna be about us re-recruiting Majok Majok. He's averaging 5 points and 5 boards for Midland College!

I'm just so tired of this assclown as our head coach. He needs to fuck off immediately.

I have no idea if the story is true or not, but it is very bad form to actively denigrate the players and university in order to attempt to boost the stature of the head coach.

No question this story is making the rounds to make it look like goodly Jeff [Redacted] is doing everything he can to coach a bunch of savages left to him by the cultureless Dino Gaudio. It makes the players look bad, their HS coaches look bad, and the university look bad for admitting such neanderthals in the first place.

Jesus Ph, I'm not actively denigrating the players. I actually defended the players, if you read carefully. It's just a story that illustrates how much the "culture change" has been in effect.

If your boss forced you to do something like that how would you feel?

That's really ridiculous.

I'd hate it, but how can you defend NBA players doing that shit? As a former restaurant employee, I was furious when I heard that.

Doesn't any employee hate it when their boss tells them to do something they genuinely don't want to do? That doesn't make the boss wrong. This is retarded.

I'm still in awe of how off point PhDeac was. Truly amazing. The story is making the rounds because of the god damn socks meme, which, lo and behold, the BuzzOuters have propagated.

/drunken rage

Really can't believe that people hear that story and think that:

a) we have players who came to Wake actually thinking steaks were meant to be eaten by hand, or
b) [Redacted]/premium posters on DS made this story up to make Buzz look good and denigrate the players

I heard that a couple players did try to eat the steaks with their hands...in a joking manner, trying to get a laugh. That version is far more plausible, to me at least.

I think this story has little to do with some of our players being "savages" and everything to do with our players being immature/childish.

stonz nails it, but I'm just passing along what I've heard. I think it was RepeatDeac that mentioned this, but I'd have to go back and sift through pages of threads to find out.

Do try to do some fact checking on the etiquette lessons though.

Really can't believe that people hear that story and think that:

a) we have players who came to Wake actually thinking steaks were meant to be eaten by hand, or
b) [Redacted]/premium posters on DS made this story up to make Buzz look good and denigrate the players

I heard that a couple players did try to eat the steaks with their hands...in a joking manner, trying to get a laugh. That version is far more plausible, to me at least.

I think this story has little to do with some of our players being "savages" and everything to do with our players being immature/childish.

Immature...doing something as a joke...my God...that's horrible...I can't believe College kids would ever do anything immature or try to joke...The Horror!!!

I don't believe Bz would lie about the players eating steaks with their hands however I do believe he would exaggerate the situation as he (as well as Wellman) have a history of exaggerate things both good and bad to try to cast Bz and the decision to hire him in a better light...

Last edited:
I hate what has happened to our university and basketball program.

A few short years ago, we had the best player in college basketball, surrounded by Final Four-type talent and an entertaining head coach whom we all loved.

Now, we're reduced to discussing the merits of steak eating styles.

Sad.

I hate what has happened to our university and basketball program.

A few short years ago, we had the best player in college basketball, surrounded by Final Four-type talent and an entertaining head coach whom we all loved.

Now, we're reduced to discussing the merits of steak eating styles.

Sad.

Potential post of the year?

I'd hate it, but how can you defend NBA players doing that shit? As a former restaurant employee, I was furious when I heard that.

Doesn't any employee hate it when their boss tells them to do something they genuinely don't want to do? That doesn't make the boss wrong. This is retarded.

NBA players do much worse things than not tip. If anything, that story just illustrates how much Bzzzz was not ready for the big boy league.

First, I have not left tips before. A tip is performance based, and there have been times where a waiter absolutely does not deserve it. Second, it is none of [Redacted]'s damn business.

I think it's absolutely retarded that you're trying to act like this was a reasonable thing for [Redacted] to do. It was not.

You're a dick for stiffing a tip. There, I said it. I can understand under-tipping, but when you stiff a tip, the server actually loses money.

You're a dick for stiffing a tip. There, I said it. I can understand under-tipping, but when you stiff a tip, the server actually loses money.

I don't care.

When all a waiter does is the absolute bare minimum they aren't getting a tip. I can't stand the mentality that every waiter gets 15% automatically.

I had a waiter that simple took our drink orders and then our food orders. Someone else brought the drinks and food, and through the hour or so we were there we never saw the waiter again. So, yeah, if tipping nothing or practically nothing results in the restaurant pulling money from his other tips to fund the tip-share portion of the bus boys pay that seems absolutely appropriate given that the bus boys were the ones doing his job.

Last edited:
This strikes me as more of the same...bzzz denigrating his players to make himself look better/make his job appear tougher. These guys are not cavemen. There is NO WAY anyone would ever eat a steak with your hands. It is hot food. Had they never seen a knife and fork? I doubt it.

I don't think that etiquette classes are that big of a deal and probably could benefit high school kids who will have to deal with the public and the press. However, if that is your goal, the first one who needs etiquette lessons is bzzzz.

[Redacted] has never talked about the players having to take etiquette classes. You are trying to use this story to make him look like a dick, which makes you look like a dick.

Back