• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BIG NEWS ON RECRUITING FRONT, boys!!!!

If your boss forced you to do something like that how would you feel?

That's really ridiculous.

Yea. That's a fine disciplinarian stand to take with a high school or college team, potentially. A bunch of 30-year old professionals who make millions and don't really give a shit what some 55-year old journeyman thinks? Uhh yea, not so much.

Yea. That's a fine disciplinarian stand to take with a high school or college team, potentially. A bunch of 30-year old professionals who make millions and don't really give a shit what some 55-year old journeyman thinks? Uhh yea, not so much.

On top of that a NBA coach isn't really the boss of the players. They make less money and have less security.

Restaurant etiquette lessons at a fucking Ryans

Did Buzz show them how to properly dunk their McNuggets into the sweet and sour sauce?

Ryans-Restaurant.jpg

Not

ryans.jpg

Lol when I first heard about a supposedly "nice" steakhouse in W-S called Ryan's, I thought, "What, that horrible chain?"

Buzz just seems to have a whole "holier than thou" attitude towards just about everybody. I'd love to have a 1 on 1 convo with him to get to know him better to see if this is the case or not. But from afar he seems like a massive wanker.

This strikes me as more of the same...bzzz denigrating his players to make himself look better/make his job appear tougher. These guys are not cavemen. There is NO WAY anyone would ever eat a steak with your hands. It is hot food. Had they never seen a knife and fork? I doubt it.

I don't think that etiquette classes are that big of a deal and probably could benefit high school kids who will have to deal with the public and the press. However, if that is your goal, the first one who needs etiquette lessons is bzzzz.

Yeah, I refuse to believe anybody in today's world raised in America saw a steak and said, "fuck it, I'm just going to pick this bad boy up and gnaw on it."

No chance it happened that way. People don't just pick up steaks with their hands. It just doesn't happen.

Question - where do hookers and blow fit in under the new regime's mandate on professionalism?

This is a serious question. Do people really think that Jeff [Redacted] and Ron Wellman are doing a bad thing by teaching the players some etiquette?

Most of these guys are not going to play in the NBA. All of these guys are going to have to eat a dinner in a formal setting for their job, and this could help immensely. I applaud the effort honestly.

This is a serious question. Do people really think that Jeff [Redacted] and Ron Wellman are doing a bad thing by teaching the players some etiquette?

Most of these guys are not going to play in the NBA. All of these guys are going to have to eat a dinner in a formal setting for their job, and this could help immensely. I applaud the effort honestly.

Fair enough. I agree, the etiquette classes are pretty cool.

Bzzz ordering the Nuggets around like an 8th grade academic bee squad? Not so much.

No, but there is no need to denigrate them by saying they were eating steak with their bare hands.

Fair enough. I agree, the etiquette classes are pretty cool.

Bzzz ordering the Nuggets around like an 8th grade academic bee squad? Not so much.

I agree that he should not have done it to the NBA players.

No, but there is no need to denigrate them by saying they were eating steak with their bare hands.

What if they really were eating with their hands? I know they probably weren't just picking it up and eating it completely whole, but I could see them picking up smaller pieces and eating it...could you not?

Also, it's not like Bzzz announced all of this to the public at a presser. Going back and reading, I'm not even sure he was the one that said they were eating with their bare hands.

I agree that he should not have done it to the NBA players.

What if they really were eating with their hands? I know they probably weren't just picking it up and eating it completely whole, but I could see them picking up smaller pieces and eating it...could you not?

Honestly, no. Not because they are Emily Post types, but if you are eating a steak with a fork, why would you put down your fork to pick up pieces of steak with your hands? I don't want to get into minutiae in regards to this, I just think there is a pattern of behavior with this guy where he puts others down to elevate himself. Have you noticed how when talking about recruiting trips he always brings up either how early he leaves or how late he got back? It's just this, "I'm so put upon" BS that he propagates.

In regards to etiquette, many Americans could use some more tutelage (including me).

You think that Jeff [Redacted] lied about his players eating steak with their hands to boost his own credibility?

Bzzzz certainly needs a class in how to communicate effectively.

He consistently sounds like he is trying to make himself out as some sort of martyr.

You think that Jeff [Redacted] lied about his players eating steak with their hands to boost his own credibility?

No, I don't even know if he actually did this, but it would not be out of character IMO. I don't think he does it to boost his credibility, but to make his job seem tougher than it actually is. (i.e., how am I expected to succeed with these guys).

Also, see ChrisL's post. Much more eloquent than I have been.

Back