• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bikers chase driver in NYC, beat him up in front of his wife and kid

KickballDeac

Bernie Eskimo Bro
Reaction score

(Appears to accidentally hit a biker at 0:25, a group surrounds him and he plows through them at 0:50, they catch up at 6:15 and smash the front window)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

Video has emerged showing the shocking moment a Range Rover driver apparently drove through a crowd of motorbikes as it fled with its family inside for fear of being attacked.

Police have revealed the bikers started to damage the vehicle after the driver, 33-year-old Alexian Lien, hit a motorcyclist.

Fearing for the safety of his wife Roslyn Ng and young child, aged five months, the SUV driver then sped off, hitting several bikers in its path.

The six-minute film shows the SUV hit another motorcyclist after it was chased by the pack of bikers.

The family are eventually brought to a standstill in Manhattan traffic and immediately bikers run to attack the vehicle, smashing the driver's window and attempting to smash the rear door window.

They terrorized the family but reading that article it doesn't sound like he got beat up that bad:
Lien was treated in hospital for lacerations to his face and body
Police said, contradictory to online comments, there were no other injuries

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vehicle-annual-street-ride.html#ixzz2gQ1sXCAo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
That first cyclist he hit was acting like a total asshole, drifting into his lane and coming to a stop.

They terrorized the family but reading that article it doesn't sound like he got beat up that bad:

That first cyclist he hit was acting like a total asshole, drifting into his lane and coming to a stop.
Apparently he called the cops to report the bikers were driving like assholes and they found out or they didn't like that he didn't yield the entire road to the bike posse so they decided to screw with him, which led to the video posted. One link quoted an officer stating off-the-record that in their professional opinion the car driver did nothing wrong and was justified, but it is one cop's opinion and unofficial.

The bikers were in NYC to do illegal stunts. I read something like 15 of them were arrested in an unrelated incident, and like 45 more were ticketed for doing dumb crap.

2_13_09_09_3_41_23.jpg

I honestly have no problem with how the driver of the car handled what we saw in this clip.

I wonder how fast he was going in the Rover. Probably not more than 90 mph, considering the rice rockets were catching him pretty quick at maybe 110 mph. Good stretch of pretty straight highway there.

seems like you would immediately call the police after that happened - someone could have reached you within 6 minutes. they already arrested 1 biker involved.

Guy in the Range Rover ran over one of the bikers, apparently. Like, crushed his legs.

Bikers are a bunch of pussies here. It's clear they are all slowing down at the beginning instigating with the Range Rover, and then the first time the Rover stops they all stand around for like ten seconds waiting for someone to do something. If these had been some SAMCRO mofos riding real bikes the guy is dead or in the hospital.

seems like you would immediately call the police after that happened - someone could have reached you within 6 minutes. they already arrested 1 biker involved.

The driver had already called the cops, presumably before the video even starts.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...olent-high-speed-motorcycle-suv-chase-in-nyc/
The SUV's driver had called 911 to report the bikers were driving erratically, police said.

You can't rely on cops. The bikers could have had him out of his car and beat the hell out of him, perhaps killed him, well before cops could have arrived. How would a cop car even get through the hundreds of bikes to get to the front where the Range Rover was anyway?

He had good reason to fear for his life and the life of his family when he was surrounded by 100+ bikers who were slashing his tires. It's safe to assume there were some verbal threats.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-shows-motorcyclists-pull-driver-car-beat/story?id=20419705
The 33-year-old driver of a Range Rover was driving north on Manhattan's West Side Highway with his wife and 2-year-old child around 2 p.m. when he found himself surrounded by a group of motorcyclists, police said.

Video recorded by one of the bikers in the group shows the motorcycles slowing their speed as they surround the Range Rover, and the Range Rover then tapping the fender of a motorcyclist in the group. Twenty to 30 bikers then surrounded the SUV and started gesturing at him, the video shows.

The motorcyclists then began damaging the Range Rover and slashed one the tires, causing the driver to take off and flee north and then exit the highway as his tire deflated, according to Officer Christopher Pisano of the NYPD.

I don't blame the guy at all for getting his family out of that mess. It appears the video ends before they get the guy out of the car and beat him...and still, the cops weren't there.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-assault-suv-driver_n_4016951.html
Police say several bikers beat the driver. He sustained injuries to his face and torso as well as two black eyes. He was transported to Columbia University Medical Center where he was treated for facial lacerations, stitched up, and discharged.

The article said there were no injuries resulting from the incident, expect to the driver.

Quote:
----------
Lien was treated in hospital for lacerations to his face and body
Police said, contradictory to online comments, there were no other injuries
----------

This is a time you drive to/towards the police station, or some other place where the police are waiting for you.

I honestly have no problem with how the driver of the car handled what we saw in this clip.

The RR driver hit a car, and then drove off. I didnt see anything bad anyone did until he pulled a hit and run. Shockingly, the drivers that hit the fucking biker were asian, which means they weren't supposed to be in the car in the first place.

Last edited:
This is a time you drive to/towards the police station, or some other place where the police are waiting for you.

In Manhattan traffic, with 100+ bikes surrounding your car?

I'd be calling 911 while on the highway, and either getting directions to the police station/hwy patrol from the 911 operator, or working on a good place to meet them.

Why does everyone on two wheel vehicles think they own the road?

I'm going to put together a group of 100 SUVs to block traffic and harass bikers during the next bike week. Then chase down one unlucky bastard fearing for his life because I'm acting like an asshole.

The group of bikers involved in this had posted several videos to youtube but have pulled them all down since all the videos show them acting like complete assholes. Some of the videos are archived and can still be viewed at the below link.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

Something tells me there were plenty of calls to 911 about the group, and yet the cops weren't anywhere to be seen.

A good number of those bikes and quads lack license plates and/or the required lights, etc to even be street legal while they drive straight through red light intersections and on the shoulder of the highway.

Last edited:
Back