• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bikers chase driver in NYC, beat him up in front of his wife and kid

It's tragic that a guy with a 15 and 9 year old is paralyzed and will now be an enormous burden to the taxpayers for the rest of his life. His life is ruined and the lives of those he cares about have been turned upside down. He probably was just trying to check on the fallen rider. But when you roll with dipshits who do incredibly stupid shit, you run the risk of bad things happening.

It's tragic that a guy with a 15 and 9 year old is paralyzed and will now be an enormous burden to the taxpayers for the rest of his life. His life is ruined and the lives of those he cares about have been turned upside down. He probably was just trying to check on the fallen rider. But when you roll with dipshits who do incredibly stupid shit, you run the risk of bad things happening.

You mean you dont think that guy is a hedge fund manager with private insurance and whole life policies? Wasis.

Totally agree.

Range Rover guy deserved worse because he's rich. Should be killed for working hard on Wall Street. I'm sure those lovely bikers contribute a ton to society.

In my experience, there is an enormous difference in the asshole factor between dudes riding crotch rockets and guys riding Harleys. Granted, I don't pal around with Hell's Angels, but crotch rocket riders more often than not are giant POSes on the road.

As someone who regularly drives the BQE there are a decent number of motorcyclists that I'd love to clip.

In my experience, there is an enormous difference in the asshole factor between dudes riding crotch rockets and guys riding Harleys. Granted, I don't pal around with Hell's Angels, but crotch rocket riders more often than not are giant POSes on the road.
This is very true. Its not the case for all of them, but most of your Harley riders are in it for the love of bikes and the feel of the open road. Most of the crotch rocket guys I know do it for the adrenaline rush, including a family friend who recently passed away due to showboating on a crotch rocket at nearly 100mph.

To try and clarify while simultaneously speculating, the biker that is described as "paralyzed" is probably critically ill and medically paralyzed/sedated. From the links here I saw it's not possible to conclude he is/will be paraplegic, quadriplegic, etc. Of course, it's also not clear he'll even survive.

Altogether an unfortunate mess created/initiated by the bikers (or some of them), so it seems.

To try and clarify while simultaneously speculating, the biker that is described as "paralyzed" is probably critically ill and medically paralyzed/sedated. From the links here I saw it's not possible to conclude he is/will be paraplegic, quadriplegic, etc. Of course, it's also not clear he'll even survive.

Altogether an unfortunate mess created/initiated by the bikers (or some of them), so it seems.

In my experience (I work at a level I trauma center), neurosurgeons are pretty good at telling early on if a patient will regain function. There's no telling what might have been lost in translation when the SO spoke to the media, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that they've already told her he'll be paraplegic.

Hopefully he can be on one of those inspirational 20/20 spots where he gets to ride a motorcycle and pop a wheelie again.

ETA: Nevermind. I googled a bit and see the reports of the wife saying the biker is "forever paralyzed". Sorry...should've checked first. Was just relying on something I read on an earlier link that wasn't so specific.

Carry on. What a awful situation.

Last edited:
Theres no clear "good guy" in this situation. Obviously the biker who caused the accident drove like an asshole based on what the video shows. But the SUV driver was clearly wrong in using a 2-ton vehicle to mow down a bunch of people. Were they brandishing guns or weapons, or did they just "look scary"? Seriously, an SUV is a deadly weapon when used offensively against people just standing in the road.

Then the bikers who followed him and broke his window were not exhibiting the best judgment either -- maybe thats cool in the movies, but in real life we have law enforcement officers to handle those situations.

You know what could have prevented this mayhem in the streets? Concealed carry permits in NYC.

Oh man, more Rico commentary about this situation, please.

Theres no clear "good guy" in this situation. Obviously the biker who caused the accident drove like an asshole based on what the video shows. But the SUV driver was clearly wrong in using a 2-ton vehicle to mow down a bunch of people. Were they brandishing guns or weapons, or did they just "look scary"? Seriously, an SUV is a deadly weapon when used offensively against people just standing in the road.

You mean besides the fact that they brought traffic to a halt (that was occurring even before the SUV hit the bike), surrounded his vehicle, verbally threatened and slashed at least one of his tires? Methinks 100+ people "looking scary" while slashing your tires as you sit surrounded is more than enough to justify getting your wife and kid out of harm's way. There's a very clear good guy...it's the innocent guy who was simply driving down the road like a normal human being and got his family the hell out of dodge before a mob mentality could further escalate.

You realize that these same people later pulled the man from his vehicle and beat him after the posted video ended, right?

Last edited:
"Aspiring rapper" is code for unemployed.

Back