• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

just stop nominating women for shit. Haven't we learned anything from 2016?

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

We are going to get a nice case study about why we need affirmative action. Left to their own devices, shitty white people will find every excuse not to hire highly qualified Black people especially for high level positions.

Important note that adds context to broad right wing attacks against the legitimacy of Black judges and prosecutors. Black people are trying to bring their king to justice.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/january-30-2022

————-

That promise of pardons might also be for crimes not yet committed. Trump called for "the biggest protest we have ever had" in New York City, Washington, and Atlanta if the prosecutors "do anything wrong or illegal." The specificity of the cities he mentioned suggests that the cases against him in New York City, Georgia, and Washington are weighing on his mind. "These prosecutors are vicious, horrible people. They're racists and they're very sick—they're mentally sick," he said. "They're going after me without any protection of my rights from the Supreme Court or most other courts. In reality, they're not after me, they're after you."

But Bunch noted that, overlooked by those not attuned to the siren songs of the right, Trump’s use of the word “racist” is a call to white supremacists. Three of the main prosecutors investigating the former president—Fulton County, Georgia, district attorney Fani Willis; New York State attorney general Letitia James; and Manhattan prosecutor Alvin Bragg (who recently took over from Cyrus Vance, Jr.)—are Black. So is Representative Bennie Thompson (D-MS), who chairs the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

t’s both alarming and yet utterly predictable that Trump would toss the gasoline of racial allegations onto his flaming pile of grievances, knowing how that will play with the Confederate flag aficionados within the ex-president’s cult,” Bunch wrote. Trump, he said, “is seeking to start a race war.”
———-

Exactly, at least until we've like passed some voter laws or something. Protect democracy first... then go ahead and be as diverse as ya want.

Been trying that since Reconstruction. Ends up OWGs aren’t too fond of democracy for everyone.

Been trying that since Reconstruction. Ends up OWGs aren’t too fond of democracy for everyone.

Well now we know the weaknesses, so let's close that whole Mike Pence can fail to certify certain states votes loophole. Then we can afford to lose an election or two and give Kamala Harris a go if we want.

I’m shocked shocked I tell you that this board doesn’t have its finger on the pulse of America.

i mean, what was the question?

"Do you believe Joe Biden should consider all possible nominees for the open SCOTUS position?"

Yeah. He's a racist idiot.

Agree that Joe Biden is a racist idiot. Remember that time he bragged about George Wallace naming him "one of the outstanding young politicians of America"?

the pulse of America seems anti-Black so I'm good.

Yeah. We’ve been telling Junebug this. Seems like he doesn’t have his finger on the pulse. This thread is about people like Junebug working hard not to take that pulse.

Biden should publicly state that he will consider all candidates then release a short list of Black women and a token white guy. Watch their heads spin.

it only takes a vaguely worded polling question for jh and Junebug to hop on board with the thinly veiled racial backlash to Biden’s potential nominee?

Back