• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Yeah, these idiots are so confounded by thoughtful conservatives they have no other recourse but to revert to ad hominem attacks on anonymous message board posters. It doesn't have quite the chilling effect here as it does in real life, and the only thing they know to do is turn up the volume.

Ha. This made me smile.

I wonder how this is any different than when Trump said he'd nominate a woman to RBG's seat, or Bush 41's nomination of a black man to succeed Thurgood Marshall or even Reagan's promise to nominate a woman and later his stated desire to nominate an Italian-American to the court.

Do you???

every time someone brings up ad hominem outside of formal debate a child somewhere goes to bed hungry

Yeah, these idiots are so confounded by thoughtful conservatives they have no other recourse but to revert to ad hominem attacks on anonymous message board posters. It doesn't have quite the chilling effect here as it does in real life, and the only thing they know to do is turn up the volume.

ah yes. the thoughtful conservatives, just waiting for the pivot.

The thing Boris Johnson has going for him is that everyone already thinks he is a buffoon, and expects him to act as a buffoon would act. Its what makes him seem bulletproof, when you already expect him to act like a moron, no one is surprised when he does. He threw parties at the Prime Ministers office, during some of the strictest lock downs in Britain, he did it several times and apparently no one who attended had a problem with it. So now he will just say sorry, wont do it again, I pinky promise. I doubt any vote of no-confidence goes anywhere.

Every thread here is the Dem Debacle thread. They just don't know it.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Every thread here is the Dem Debacle thread. They just don't know it.

Imagine yelling “scoreboard” all the time, thinking it’s going to change fan allegiances. Your incessantly pointing out the obvious, that America is a hateful, stupid, conservative shithole, doesn’t make you Nostradamus.

edit- not worth it

Last edited:
Imagine yelling “scoreboard” all the time, thinking it’s going to change fan allegiances. Your incessantly pointing out the obvious, that America is a hateful, stupid, conservative shithole, doesn’t make you Nostradamus.

edit- not worth it

it may make him Nostradumbass tho (GOAT tag imo)

It's not ad hominem if the purpose is to call someone a dumbass-that's just a factual assertion. "X is a dumbass, therefore the thing they are saying is invalid" is ad hominem.
X is a dumbass, therefore it's a waste of time arguing with them" is a valid assertion about personal time allocation.

It's not ad hominem if the purpose is to call someone a dumbass-that's just a factual assertion. "X is a dumbass, therefore the thing they are saying is invalid" is ad hominem.
X is a dumbass, therefore it's a waste of time arguing with them" is a valid assertion about personal time allocation.

The Tunnels: Where our opinions are facts. The self-marginalization won't be televised but it shall be encapsulated in an airtight bubble.

The Tunnels: Where our opinions are facts. The self-marginalization won't be televised but it shall be encapsulated in an airtight bubble.

Mentioning bubbles, how's it going in the coup bubble? Shooting up on some livestock dewormer to be at the top of your game for round two? Nothing is more airtight than than the right wing fascist media propaganda bubble.

It's bizarre that people so proud of their prodigious intellects and passion for diversity have such difficulty understanding that there is more than one type of person that disagrees with them. The conservative monolith.

oh no, remember jhmd is above the current GOP's devolution. He and his pals Junebug and the gang all are. no, they are passionate and thoughtful conservatives who operate in a fact-based world and offer up sound solutions for the problems the country faces, not just their hopeful opinions. Some of their greatest hits include:

"don't be a racist and racism will go away"

"climate change is a liberal conspiracy!"

"more guns means fewer shooting deaths"

"it's easier to kill terrorists if you do a 20 year 4 trillion dollar occupation!" and "shoulda kept the airport open stupid generals!"

and their greatest hit ever:

"work harder and you won't be poor, like I do!"

oh no, remember jhmd is above the current GOP's devolution. He and his pals Junebug and the gang all are. no, they are passionate and thoughtful conservatives who operate in a fact-based world and offer up sound solutions for the problems the country faces, not just their hopeful opinions. Some of their greatest hits include:

"don't be a racist and racism will go away"

"climate change is a liberal conspiracy!"

"more guns means fewer shooting deaths"

"it's easier to kill terrorists if you do a 20 year 4 trillion dollar occupation!" and "shoulda kept the airport open stupid generals!"

and their greatest hit ever:

"work harder and you won't be poor, like I do!"

Sorry kid, it's your fault your parents didn't stay together. Better luck next time!

It's bizarre that people so proud of their prodigious intellects and passion for diversity have such difficulty understanding that there is more than one type of person that disagrees with them. The conservative monolith.
Oh vey! Is this supposed to be a self parody post after your recent comments on this thread?
eef96d3fd04641c6320ee934245a18ee.gif

Last edited:

i mean, it seems like some of y'all disagree with my existence. that's really cool!

"I'm never going to contradict anything a Republican politician does, and I'm never going to tell you what I disagree with them about, but how DARE you assume I agree with the Republican Party on everything?"

Back