• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

"I'm never going to contradict anything a Republican politician does, and I'm never going to tell you what I disagree with them about, but how DARE you assume I agree with the Republican Party on everything?"
Furthermore I'm going to claim that everybody on the other side here is a monolith viewpoint!

Oh vey! Is this supposed to be a self parody post after your recent comments on this thread?
eef96d3fd04641c6320ee934245a18ee.gif

How dare the liberal woke mob claim I’m part of the conservative monolith!!!!

"I'm never going to contradict anything a Republican politician does, and I'm never going to tell you what I disagree with them about, but how DARE you assume I agree with the Republican Party on everything?"

Yeah silence, continued support, voting, etc… of those that coddle and cater to the deplorable of this country pretty much says all that needs to be said.

i mean, it seems like some of y'all disagree with my existence. that's really cool!

You must be confused yet again - It was actually one of your fellow lefty MENSA members (milhouse - aka DeaconSig's side piece) who once referred to RJKarl on this here board as a "dumb ***" after one too many Truly seltzers

And furthermore do you know that Robert Byrd who was a democratic senator from West Virginia was once in the Ku-Klux Klan!!!!!

oh no, remember jhmd is above the current GOP's devolution. He and his pals Junebug and the gang all are. no, they are passionate and thoughtful conservatives who operate in a fact-based world and offer up sound solutions for the problems the country faces, not just their hopeful opinions. Some of their greatest hits include:

"don't be a racist and racism will go away"

"climate change is a liberal conspiracy!"

"more guns means fewer shooting deaths"

"it's easier to kill terrorists if you do a 20 year 4 trillion dollar occupation!" and "shoulda kept the airport open stupid generals!"

and their greatest hit ever:

"work harder and you won't be poor, like I do!"

They should have kept Bagram open. That's not a conservative idea. It's a common sense one.

It's bizarre that people so proud of their prodigious intellects and passion for diversity have such difficulty understanding that there is more than one type of person that disagrees with them. The conservative monolith.

It's bizarre that someone so proud of their prodigious intellect could still be apart of the Republican party.

It's bizarre that people so proud of their prodigious intellects and passion for diversity have such difficulty understanding that there is more than one type of person that disagrees with them. The conservative monolith.

1% milk, 2% milk, skim milk, oat milk, almond milk, so much diversity.

You must be confused yet again - It was actually one of your fellow lefty MENSA members (milhouse - aka DeaconSig's side piece) who once referred to RJKarl on this here board as a "dumb ***" after one too many Truly seltzers

TBF i don't care who is doing the anti-Semitism.

As a Jew, I generally don't like people who mock, slur, or generally don't condone my existence. I realize that this is hard to understand, but when you're the target of hate or bigotry (either targeted attacks or generalized ideological sentiments), it's less a function of keeping score and more being worried about your safety or comfort participating in different elements of community.

I have a lot of experience with anti-Semitism in the South and can assure you that it comes from all corners of the ideological spectrum.

They should have kept Bagram open. That's not a conservative idea. It's a common sense one.

Without going back and linking articles, from my memory the staffing requirements to keep Bagram open would have increased risk exposure to many more US military personnel. Also, access to Bagram would have led evacuees through dangerous ambush points for ISIS.

Shit sandwich vs shit salad thanks to idiotic 20yr multi trillion dollar occupation.

As a Jew, I generally don't like people who mock, slur, or generally don't condone my existence. I realize that this is hard to understand, but when you're the target of hate or bigotry (either targeted attacks or generalized ideological sentiments), it's less a function of keeping score and more being worried about your safety or comfort participating in different elements of community.

I have a lot of experience with anti-Semitism in the South and can assure you that it comes from all corners of the ideological spectrum.

Can confirm. My daughter got really upset the other day when we told her Jesus was a Jew. I’m not sure where that shit came from. I’m also not sure that there are 10 Jewish people in our entire county.

I blame South Park.

I grew up in Winston and my best friend’s family are southern white conservatives. My mom is Jewish and escaped the Holocaust as a small child and was orphaned which my friend and his family were well aware of. I went to Germany a couple of times in college and backpacked around and met some relatives and met up with my mom who was working there on base as a civilian contractor. it was very emotional for her to show me around Bavaria and teach me about her life there as what happened.

When I got back I was over at friend’s house and his mom walked in and said “hey John how was Germany? Kill a lot of Jews?? Hahahahahaha”. and kept on walking out of the room. I was speechless and never confronted her about it but realized then how fucked up and rampant that kind of shit is

I grew up in Winston and my best friend’s family are southern white conservatives. My mom is Jewish and escaped the Holocaust as a small child and was orphaned which my friend and his family were well aware of. I went to Germany a couple of times in college and backpacked around and met some relatives and met up with my mom who was working there on base as a civilian contractor. it was very emotional for her to show me around Bavaria and teach me about her life there as what happened.

When I got back I was over at friend’s house and his mom walked in and said “hey John how was Germany? Kill a lot of Jews?? Hahahahahaha”. and kept on walking out of the room. I was speechless and never confronted her about it but realized then how fucked up and rampant that kind of shit is

I grew up in Winston, too. It's just all so casual that people don't even realize it. Beyond bullying, which was rough but largely tolerable outside of the violent shit, the worst came from coaches and teachers. You just don't expect to see that side of adults when you're growing up, but then you do and it's pretty traumatic.

And that's minor compared to the experiences of other socially marginalized groups in the United States! If this is what Angus and co. feel comfortable saying OPENLY to Jews, then imagine what they say about other groups... Oh.

And Christians "like" Isreal ! (As a prop for their politics)

Back