• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Probably true. I would be surprised if psaki gets a primetime gig immediately. Whatever she ends up doing will take some time and growing pains to find the show's voice.

Dude paints house like a Gay Pride flag. What's the complaint ? Not woke enough.

Kim painted a rainbow.

I was just thinking that ugly ass paint job needed more colors.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Looks like Biden is set on running again. What happens if Pete Butt primaries him? Although more likely a Bloomberg/Cuban type tries

Buttigieg will not primary Biden. If he gets primaried I think it comes from the left.

Imagine being a gay, millennial son of a Gramsci scholar, and in 2022, being to the right of Joe Biden.

Imagine being a gay, millennial son of a Gramsci scholar, and in 2022, being to the right of Joe Biden.

Buttigieg isn't "to the right of Joe Biden." If you look at the policies and proposals from his presidential campaign, he's far more progressive than he gets credit for. In fact one of his initial proposals was expanding the Supreme Court. When I say Biden will get primaried from the left, I was talking about people who would actually primary him. Maybe Bernie runs again, but I'm thinking a Ro Khanna type.

Buttigieg isn't "to the right of Joe Biden." If you look at the policies and proposals from his presidential campaign, he's far more progressive than he gets credit for. In fact one of his initial proposals was expanding the Supreme Court. When I say Biden will get primaried from the left, I was talking about people who would actually primary him. Maybe Bernie runs again, but I'm thinking a Ro Khanna type.

Don't bother explaining this to MHB. He has a weird hate for Mayor Pete that can't be addressed by actually paying attention to what Pete says and does.

Don't bother explaining this to MHB. He has a weird hate for Mayor Pete that can't be addressed by actually paying attention to what Pete says and does.

I’d argue it’s perfectly explained by what he says and does.

Anyways, was kind of meant tongue in cheek. Just deeply suspicious of anyone who has not been radicalized by the last 15-20 years.

I don't want to engage in more Pete talk and re-litigate the 2020 primaries. But I think your problem is he presents as a straight-laced calm-spoken guy trying to appeal to a wide audience (which seems like an adaption to living most of his life as a people-pleasing ambitious closeted gay man). He doesn't speak to and for "radicals" even though he embraces progressive ideologies.

But we can just agree to disagree about that until he runs for office again.

Sure we can agree to disagree. I don’t really see any proof that he embraces progressive ideologies. Then again, I think “progressive” is a pretty useless term now.

Things are going well here on planet Earth.

the horseshoe theory is actually about how the rest of us have to live with the extremes of humanity coopting social media to yell at each other like we're all stuck inside a subway car unable to escape the argument

the horseshoe theory is actually about how the rest of us have to live with the extremes of humanity coopting social media to yell at each other like we're all stuck inside a subway car unable to escape the argument

this is how i feel about people talking about horseshoe theory

Back