• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Kind of icky that you’re tweeting Ted Cruz quoting one sentence out of a 5+ minute clip. Did you listen to the whole thing?

I listened to the context of the sentence where he points the finger at republicans for not creating safe conditions for kids to return to schools so parents could return to work

What I see lacking is the Democrats putting up a better back to work bill than the one from a few months ago!

I listened to the context of the sentence where he points the finger at republicans for not creating safe conditions for kids to return to schools so parents could return to work

What I see lacking is the Democrats putting up a better back to work bill than the one from a few months ago!

What do you mean by “better?” One that has more of what you want that wouldn’t matter anyway because it wouldn’t get off McConnell’s desk or a watered down version that would get tortured to death by Republicans until it’s meaningless?

What do you mean by “better?” One that has more of what you want that wouldn’t matter anyway because it wouldn’t get off McConnell’s desk or a watered down version that would get tortured to death by Republicans until it’s meaningless?
If it doesn't matter then why not put up the most progressive bill? It's meaningful. It was meaningful to impeach trump even though there was no fucking way the Republican Senate would ever rule against him. It's meaningful to working and suffering people that Democrats propose as much as they can, even if it can't get passed. Ultimately, the Party *will pay* for bowing to the fear of mythical conservative swing voters. Maybe you don't think they'll pay for it in November, but eventually the Dems will pay the price for not doing all they could.

it feels like the Democrats are blowing it by not making the Republicans say "no" to popular ideas over and over and over

it feels like the Democrats are blowing it by not making the Republicans say "no" to popular ideas over and over and over

Umm, they're working to get all the unemployed another round of money. Stop biting the hand that quite literally feeds your entire political party.

This is the elitist bourgeoisie reverence for proceduralism that left-populism stands against. "How dare you question us?!" "You'll take what we give you and like it!" It's clear contempt for people who would question the motivations of politicians who are multi-millionaires. Nancy Pelosi is worth something like 400 million dollars! Of course I don't fucking trust her to empathize with desperate people, or sacrifice her political clout. On top of her 400 million, shes got millions of blind liberal supporters who will spin every decision she makes.

You want them to pass a bunch of message bills? You want them to keep voting for the same thing they voted for three months ago?

Media ignore Democrat led legislation so when Republicans won’t act on what Democrats do, media say the Democrats are at fault.

That’s a messaging problem not a legislation or policy problem.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

If it doesn't matter then why not put up the most progressive bill? It's meaningful. It was meaningful to impeach trump even though there was no fucking way the Republican Senate would ever rule against him. It's meaningful to working and suffering people that Democrats propose as much as they can, even if it can't get passed. Ultimately, the Party *will pay* for bowing to the fear of mythical conservative swing voters. Maybe you don't think they'll pay for it in November, but eventually the Dems will pay the price for not doing all they could.

How do you think this works? The Dems passed the bill that enough Dems could agree on. That’s why it wasn’t the most progressive bill.

What more could they do that’s actually meaningful?

You’re trying to make it sound like the Dems are the only problem without addressing the actual elephants in the room shitting on everything.

Last edited:
You’re trying to make it sound like the Dems are the only problem without addressing the actual elephants in the room shitting on everything.
You just want to shift the conversation to Republicans. I can't hold them accountable because they aren't my party and they don't claim to support my ideology, the opposite in fact - so that's like bitching at the enemy for shooting at me. Conversely, I expect *ALL* Democrats to fight for progressive policy. No exceptions. Anyone who doesn't deserves hell, or they should switch parties.

Let's just get some unemployment insurance funded so people don't go off and kill themselves en masse and worry about ideological purity another day?

Also idk if it’s been discussed on another thread but bold move by Donald to propose a core tenet of the ACA last night (as if it doesn’t already exist) while he’s still suing to dismantle the ACA. What a complete moron.

Also idk if it’s been discussed on another thread but bold move by Donald to propose a core tenet of the ACA last night (as if it doesn’t already exist) while he’s still suing to dismantle the ACA. What a complete moron.

And yet millions of his cult followers will believe that he's proposing this for the first time. "Look, Dear, Trump wants to make sure that even people with pre-existing conditions can get coverage from insurance companies! Isn't he just wonderful and caring? I'll bet those Democrats would never do such a thing!"

You just want to shift the conversation to Republicans. I can't hold them accountable because they aren't my party and they don't claim to support my ideology, the opposite in fact - so that's like bitching at the enemy for shooting at me. Conversely, I expect *ALL* Democrats to fight for progressive policy. No exceptions. Anyone who doesn't deserves hell, or they should switch parties.

Because Republicans are actively destroying the country.

I guess it depends on what you think the problem is. I think the problem is a corrupt criminal fascist white supremacist organization is running the country at multiple levels of government. You think the problem is that Democrats aren’t supporting your ideas.

Both may be correct but your problem doesn’t matter at all until Republicans are out of power.

Because Republicans are actively destroying the country.

I guess it depends on what you think the problem is. I think the problem is a corrupt criminal fascist white supremacist organization is running the country at multiple levels of government. You think the problem is that Democrats aren’t supporting your ideas.

Both may be correct but your problem doesn’t matter at all until Republicans are out of power.

you and I just have completely different understandings of what political affiliation means. I'm not a Republican. I dont have any say or agency as a Republican. For all intents and purposes, Republicans are my enemy. For some reason you seem to believe that your opinion, concern, or grievance matters to a political party that you arent a member of, that is against you. Not only do you believe you have some agency regarding the Rwpublican party, but you believe it so strongly that you think posting about Republicans to other Democrats is somehow more important than talking about your own party. I dont understand that. Electorally speaking, if you aren't voting in Republican primaries, and aren't active in Republican politics, then you *literally* have no involvement in that party. So what are you talking about? Otherwise all this whining and complaining about Trump and Barr and Russia just amounts to you voting every two years. Big fucking deal. Everyone in your local retirement home is doing the exact same, but they aren't posting about it 20 times a day.

Back