• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Is there anything besides Twitter that says they had weapons especially firearms? I thought the initial report was they had shields and gas because they were planning to riot as a disruption not shoot people.

we will be better off as a country when "normal" republicans (think low info fox news as religion types) stop assuming their extreme side is actually on their side. they need to begin understanding these people are really bad actors (politicians, authoritarians, grifters using the above people). not gonna happen though because it makes perfect sense that someone that spends $200 on a haircut loves that gas is now $5. lets get a rope boys!

we're Huntington Beach-adjacent, unfortunately, so plenty of dumb fucking rednecks in jacked up pickup trucks with rebel flags at the ready

More details on the planned attack in this thread. How in the living fuck do you rehabilitate these people?

That twitter account is private and I can’t find any new information about the Patriot Front arrest referencing any greater violent tactics than were already reported.

Yeah, I saw that this morning and multiple people called that person out about her tweet and she answered none of them.

Is there anything besides Twitter that says they had weapons especially firearms? I thought the initial report was they had shields and gas because they were planning to riot as a disruption not shoot people.

the takeaway from folks on the ground is that the official reports are not accurate about the intent or the weapons recovered

obviously, ymmv in terms of which sources are trustworthy, etc. but this is coming from longtime antifa-affiliated journos that I tend to trust, personally

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

we will be better off as a country when "normal" republicans (think low info fox news as religion types) stop assuming their extreme side is actually on their side. they need to begin understanding these people are really bad actors (politicians, authoritarians, grifters using the above people). not gonna happen though because it makes perfect sense that someone that spends $200 on a haircut loves that gas is now $5. lets get a rope boys!

They’re past that point. Most Republicans either think groups like Patriot Front are soldiers in the culture war for the soul of this country or they don’t know or don’t care about white nationalist violence.

Strick, can you provide some links? I’m tired of relying on cops reporting on their buddies in white nationalist militias?

They’re past that point. Most Republicans either think groups like Patriot Front are soldiers in the culture war for the soul of this country or they don’t know or don’t care about white nationalist violence.

). not gonna happen though

If only I had acknowledged it won't happen before making a dumb joke.

Biden not winning any "Protect the journalists" votes with his visits to Israel and Saudi Arabia.

FVP664GXoAIXURf

Those are the same people that did Fire Madison Cawthorn…it’s Moe Davis’s PAC (Cawthorn’s 2020 Dem opponent). They announced they were moving onto Boebert like the day after Cawthorn lost.

I have a dumb question. I know Madison Cawthorn lost his primary, but given that the midterms aren't until November, isn't he still a representative until January or how does that work?

I have a dumb question. I know Madison Cawthorn lost his primary, but given that the midterms aren't until November, isn't he still a representative until January or how does that work?

Yep, til the next person is in office. And sure he’ll work just as hard for his constituents as he did before losing. That is, not at all.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

We have a brilliant election system in which someone could serve for as few as 16 or so months of a 24 month term before getting kicked out of office and they’re still expected to serve despite getting soundly rejected by their own party.

We have a brilliant election system in which someone could serve for as few as 16 or so months of a 24 month term before getting kicked out of office and they’re still expected to serve despite getting soundly rejected by their own party.

To be fair, when the system was designed in the 1700s, it could take many months to travel on foot or horseback from a congressional district in the outer reaches of the republic to Congress, so they needed time to travel.

To be fair, when the system was designed in the 1700s, it could take many months to travel on foot or horseback from a congressional district in the outer reaches of the republic to Congress, so they needed time to travel.

Now we just need time travel.

Back