• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Apparently being easily misled into a near constant state of fearful anger and mistrust may not be good for your health.

Apparently being easily misled into a near constant state of fearful anger and mistrust may not be good for your health.

Yeah. The results suggest the impact is from being a Republican in a Republican area. There is little difference for Black people in Republican and Democrat areas likely because both sets generally vote Democrat.

God these fucking losers.

https://apnews.com/article/coeur-da...tics-arrests-01fd15f6d3b3bcab9404106c85f673c3

Authorities arrested 31 members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front near an Idaho pride event Saturday after they were found packed into the back of a U-Haul truck with riot gear.

The men were standing inside the truck wearing khakis, navy blue shirts and beige hats with white balaclavas covering their faces when Coeur d’Alene police stopped the U-Haul and began arresting them on the side of the road.

“They came to riot downtown,” Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Lee White said at a news conference.

All 31 were charged with conspiracy to riot, a misdemeanor, White said. The men were going through the booking process Saturday afternoon and are scheduled to be arraigned on Monday, he said.

Based on evidence collected and documents, authorities found that the group was planning to riot in several areas of downtown, not just the park, White said.

Police found riot gear, one smoke grenade, shin guards and shields inside the van, White said. They wore arm patches and logos on their hats that identified them as members of Patriot Front, he said.

Police learned about the U-Haul from a tipster, who reported that “it looked like a little army was loading up into the vehicle” in the parking lot of a hotel, White said. Officials spotted the truck soon after and pulled it over, he said.

These people think they’re part of a master race. Crazy stuff.

What do you do with people like this? All of these assholes will end up succeeding harassing, assaulting, or murdering the people that they hate. But I can’t imagine that conspiracy to riot carries any jail time. Also, abolitionism. Idk, I’m at a loss. It’s wild to me that there are known domestic terrorists all over the US, but there’s virtually nothing you can do about them until somebody sees them climb in a U-Haul.

What do you do with people like this? All of these assholes will end up succeeding harassing, assaulting, or murdering the people that they hate. But I can’t imagine that conspiracy to riot carries any jail time. Also, abolitionism. Idk, I’m at a loss. It’s wild to me that there are known domestic terrorists all over the US, but there’s virtually nothing you can do about them until somebody sees them climb in a U-Haul.

Introduce them and force them to interact with people who expand their worldview?

Shouldn’t be nonwhite and queer people. Ideally should be other white people who can expand their worldview. Model kindness and empathy. Show them a future is possible in this world. People get tribal and pretty nutso when they perceive an existential threat. If you show them their existence isn’t under threat (or at least show them it’s not queer and nonwhite people threatening their existence, it’s capitalists and the 1%) then some of them would deradicalize.

Some are beyond that kind of help though probably.

Shouldn’t be nonwhite and queer people. Ideally should be other white people who can expand their worldview. Model kindness and empathy. Show them a future is possible in this world. People get tribal and pretty nutso when they perceive an existential threat. If you show them their existence isn’t under threat (or at least show them it’s not queer and nonwhite people threatening their existence, it’s capitalists and the 1%) then some of them would deradicalize.

Some are beyond that kind of help though probably.

yea that's probably the answer, thanks bbd

just doesn't seem right that these guys are getting bailed out of prison, fresh off getting arrested for doing exactly what everybody knows they were gonna do, but for whatever reason doesn't care to do anything to stop it. who knows what would have happened if that bystander not seen a bunch of weird looking white dudes get in a U-Haul truck.

Introduce them and force them to interact with people who expand their worldview?

Or and work with me here, their fellow white people could marginalize them within their communities and actively fight white supremacy.

Or and work with me here, their fellow white people could marginalize them within their communities and actively fight white supremacy.

That would require people to admit that individual politics have real life stakes, instead of just being degrees of opinion, and that would leave open every single person to judgement, not just white supremacists.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

That would require people to admit that individual politics have real life stakes, instead of just being degrees of opinion, and that would leave open every single person to judgement, not just white supremacists.

#allracismmatters

I generally agree but there’s a bit of false equivalence in that statement.

#allracismmatters

I generally agree but there’s a bit of false equivalence in that statement.

It’s only a false equivalence if you think your arbitrary line of unacceptable beliefs is in a different place than mine. It’s a convenient way of thinking to keep most people from being held accountable for their beliefs

Are you one of those people who need to be held accountable?

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Are you one of those people who need to be held accountable?

“One of those people”, why would you paraphrase me incorrectly, I never stated or insinuated that only certain people should be held accountable. We should all be held accountable for the good and the bad that’s done by this nation. There are so many injustices and tragedies happening at the same time that it’s impossible to keep focus on them all, but what is possible is to keep perspective and remember that whatever the latest bad thing is isn’t the only bad thing, and probably isn’t the worst.

The term “false equivalence” implies the existence of a measurement, when we are really just talking about whatever subject is in popular attention at the moment. Gun control and white supremacy won’t be any less important a month from now when we are probably focused on something else, just like the western drought or…Flint water lead poisoning or depleted uranium in Iraq isn’t any less important because we aren’t focused on those things. It’s not a false equivalency to recognize that we can’t pay attention to everything all the time.

Last edited:
Hold up, what? White supremacy is “whatever subject is in popular attention at the moment?”

Surely you don’t mean that.

What I don't get about White Supremacists is if you really believe it, why wouldn't you want caravans of brown people to come across the border and fill the lack of uber drivers? I just paid like $80 to go across town this morning. Was nuts.

At the end of the day, liberals who go to higher education get to look down upon those who don't. In turn those who don't, need someone to look down upon. The conflict is coming because us liberals are now denying the rednecks the LGTBQ to look down upon. Who can we give them?

Last edited:
Hold up, what? White supremacy is “whatever subject is in popular attention at the moment?”

Surely you don’t mean that.

I meant the entire statement that I posted, not whatever individual line it is you are taking out of context

What are we using as the January 6th hearing thread? I need to know where to go to get sufficiently amped up and then let down.

Back