• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Drive home the point that right-wing politics is a home for white mediocrity.

Adam Carolla has got to be pissed off about Joe Rogan coming into his lane and blasting him off the map, right?

Well, he did replace him on The Man Show. turns out Carolla's other co-host from that era, Dr. Drew, sucks too. At least Jimmy Kimmel seems ok.

From listening to Anthony Jeselnik’s podcast over the years I’ve learned that TJ Miller was one of his best friends when they were coming up, but now Jeselnik fucking hates him

TJ Miller is a real piece of work. Was a very promising actor and comedian, then it came out that he was extremely difficult to work with on set of Silicon Valley, so much so they basically fired him from the show. Then it comes out that he was accused in college of sexually assaulting someone, then he yells out a fake bomb threat on a metro train, he fades into relative obscurity and it comes out that he has been touring the exact same standup comedy routine for a decade, and now…he’s doing a show on the Daily Wire with washed up rightwing asshole Adam Corolla.

TJ Miller is a huge POS.

Drive home the point that right-wing politics is a home for white mediocrity.

Interesting take, one that I wouldn't necessarily or be inclined to disagree with.
It does make me wonder where you place "left-wing" politics comedians ? Care to share??

Last edited:
Interesting take, one that I wouldn't necessarily or be inclined to disagree with.
It does make me wonder where you place "left-wing" politics? Care to share??

Left-wing politics with respect to comedy? I think comedians get into left-wing politics whether they're washed up or not, whether they've had a lot of success or not, and tend to do so when they're younger. John Stewart wasn't a particularly successful stand-up comedian or actor before doing The Daily Show at 37. He still had plenty of career ahead of him.

Right-wing politics seems to be a home for formerly mainstream media figures who were either never that good, used to be popular, or fell off due to some controversy like being accused of sexual assault. They can do lowest common denominator comedy like making fun of politicians and marginalized groups and have a sizable audience of disaffected white guys which if not for their size would be a niche audience.

It does make me wonder where you place "left-wing" politics? Care to share??

am i reading your question correctly?

you are in the neighborhood of agreeing that current right wing politicians as a group are a haven for mediocre white guys that had limited success elsewhere in their lives (e.g. mediocre) and you are asking if their is a corresponding group that left wing politicians? i would say most left wing politicians (other than geriatric leadership of both parties wanting to remain relevant/retain-grow power) tend to actually have some policy thoughts other than "owning the libs" or whatever the fake outrage of the day is. so left wingers tend to come to the table with something other than owning the libs and fear mongering. they have to work harder than throwing fire bombs in the media/online and be generally happy to obstruct government from doing its job (extremely broadly - help our citizens).

What makes you think the right wing doesn't have policy goals ?

fair question (despite the troll). they do but their goals are to bring down the federal government as we know it by taking power and destroying from within.

however, most never say that out loud (looking at you republican platform that was "we maga!" for two elections). they just talk about state's rights, fiscal conservative, pro military etc. none of it is real. just set pieces for their various grifts on americans.

I don't think it should be news to anyone that conservatives aren't good at comedy. Hence, the right is starting to get better at comedy and it's making lefties nervous meme. They're not funny. When Gutfield! and Rogan is your best comedy, you know it's slim pickings.

Bill Burr is probably the closest thing there is to an actually funny sort of right winger. They're claiming Chapelle now, of course, because he's transphobic and has decided to just go for lowest common denominator, easy anti-trans crap, but he's not really a right winger.

Is Bill Burr right-wing? I haven't watched a ton of his stuff, but it's mostly disgruntled white guy but not right-wing. It's more like everyone is full of shit.

am i reading your question correctly?

you are in the neighborhood of agreeing that current right wing politicians as a group are a haven for mediocre white guys that had limited success elsewhere in their lives (e.g. mediocre) and you are asking if their is a corresponding group that left wing politicians? i would say most left wing politicians (other than geriatric leadership of both parties wanting to remain relevant/retain-grow power) tend to actually have some policy thoughts other than "owning the libs" or whatever the fake outrage of the day is. so left wingers tend to come to the table with something other than owning the libs and fear mongering. they have to work harder than throwing fire bombs in the media/online and be generally happy to obstruct government from doing its job (extremely broadly - help our citizens).

We were not discussing politicians. We're discussing comedians.
Right & Left leaning Politicians is a completely different topic. But if you ask, I completely disagree with your perspective.

Last edited:
Is Bill Burr right-wing? I haven't watched a ton of his stuff, but it's mostly disgruntled white guy but not right-wing. It's more like everyone is full of shit.

I don't think he's come out and said either way, but he seems like a libertarian and he gives shit to both sides.

There are some pretty famous right wing/alt-right comedians - Dave Smith, Big Jay Oakerson, Luis J Gomez, Nick Dipaolo, Kurt Metzger, and there a lot of comedians in that grey area between mainstream legitimacy and alt-right, comedians who have pretty normal mainstream acts but who frequently are guests on really offensive podcasts and are friends with the alt right comedians.

do the South Park guys count as rightwing? they're sorta libertarian I suppose and usually make fun of both sides, but I tend to think of bosiders as rightwing anyway

There are some pretty famous right wing/alt-right comedians - Dave Smith, Big Jay Oakerson, Luis J Gomez, Nick Dipaolo, Kurt Metzger, and there a lot of comedians in that grey area between mainstream legitimacy and alt-right, comedians who have pretty normal mainstream acts but who frequently are guests on really offensive podcasts and are friends with the alt right comedians.

I've only heard of Nick Dipaolo on that list and I can't think of anything I've seen him in in the last 10 years. But comedy like other aspects of US culture is divided.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

There are a lot of posters on this board who would listen to their acts or podcasts and pretend to not understand the politics, but these are the douchebags who have been anti-woke, anti-vaccine, who get laughs by “ironically” calling people retards, faggots, or sluts. They’re too cowardly to use the n-word, but their comedy is full of “urban” racist stereotype garbage. Way more toxic than Rogan, with none of the beefheaded curiosity that makes Rogan semi-tolerable.

Last edited:
Back