• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Or, as happened in Philly this year, supporting challengers with Republican backers running against progressive incumbents!

(Apologies for being a few days late to the discussion.)

Or Buffalo Democrats voting for a write-in candidate in a general mayoral election after their candidate lost the primary. The Party demands fealty from progressives while absolutely fucking them at every turn possible.

Or Buffalo Democrats voting for a write-in candidate in a general mayoral election after their candidate lost the primary. The Party demands fealty from progressives while absolutely fucking them at every turn possible.

Why doesn’t the nominee deserve blame for not winning their votes or getting progressives to turn out for the general?

I agree with her politics but I was put off by how she went on a victory lap declaring herself the next big thing after winning the nomination even after the write-in campaign was announced.

Why doesn’t the nominee deserve blame for not winning their votes or getting progressives to turn out for the general?

I agree with her politics but I was put off by how she went on a victory lap declaring herself the next big thing after winning the nomination even after the write-in campaign was announced.

Cmon man.

I'm not really interested in engaging beyond wondering why progressives are expected to "fall in line" behind liberals, but liberals aren't expected to "fall in line" behind progressives.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

it’s progressive candidates responsibility to win over establishment Democrats, but the opposite is never true. Democrats are never responsible for winning voters, they are simply entitled to them.

Reminds me of a video I saw on twitter today of a man in North Carolina who signed a petition to have the Green Party added to the state ballot, and was visited at his home by a paid operative of the Democratic Party to convince him to remove his name from the ballot.

Last edited:
it’s progressive candidates responsibility to win over establishment Democrats, but the opposite is never true. Democrats are never responsible for winning voters, they are simply entitled to them.

Reminds me of a video I saw on twitter today of a man in North Carolina who signed a petition to have the Green Party added to the state ballot, and was visited at his home by a paid operative of the Democratic Party to convince him to remove his name from the ballot.

Was he a real candidate or was he a fake candidate to draw Dem votes like Republicans have done in Florida?

I am not from Buffalo, but is there anywhere in the country where a centrist democratic nominee who was endorsed by both US senators in the state including the centrist majority leader has to worry about losing an election to a progressive write in candidate by 20%? If there is, then the centrists should fall in line.

In a way, you guys are just as bad as the evangelicals trying to shove your ideology down the throats of voters who clearly don't want that. You even jump on the faux victimhood status.

She couldn't even parlay being the only name on the ballot into a close election. Talk about institutional advantages.

Last edited:
In 2 minutes of digging I didn't find a catch-all Asian or international politics thread so here it goes.

Sri Lanka is wild:

She couldn't even parlay being the only name on the ballot into a close election. Talk about institutional advantages.

As I said, Democrats fuck progressives at every turn. The guy lost the primary and instead of respecting his parties primary voters he ran against the party nominee and relied on a bunch of Republican votes to win. “Fall in line” my ass, the only leverage that your ideological wing of the party has is that you know Conservatives prefer your incremental do-nothing nonsense.

“After effectively sitting out the nominating contest and refusing to engage with or debate Walton, Brown launched a well-funded general election campaign asking voters -- this time including Independents and Republicans -- to "Write Down Byron Brown."

The campaign distributed a stamp with his name by the tens of thousands to help avoid misspellings and other clerical errors that might have tripped up his bid.””

Low down bitch ass motherfuckers will do *anything* to stay in power, but then cry helpless in office and not accomplish a goddamn thing.

Why do progressives want to take over the party? Because they know that Democrats are un-ideological followers who only respond to authority, so the only way to accomplish anything and move the party is by taking over leadership. All this bullshit about building a progressive movement from the ground up is just a coping mechanism for losers. They know it’s never going to happen, but it’s the only dignified way to respond to being completely shut out of power.

Narrator: …but everyone wasn’t a millionaire. Decades of tax breaks and handouts to the rich and stagnant wages for the workers created people worth over a hundred billionaire dollars. The 10 wealthiest Americans are worth almost 1.3 trillion dollars. That’s equal to making everyone is Maine a millionaire.

Peterson is one of those people I hear about but I have no interest in learning more about.

Back