• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

0db337d1a8234e4c656ca1cce08c0363.jpg

Zizek is also someone I hear about who I have no interest in learning more about.

yeah I just skip the posts whenever I see the parody(?) poster pop-up. I don't know anything about that guy or what his views are.

my FIL tried to talk to me about Jordan Peterson recently and I just gave him a few "uh huhs" and "I'll look him ups" before quickly changing the subject.

Zizek is also someone I hear about who I have no interest in learning more about.

The first time I ever heard him was watching one of the special feature videos included on the Children of Men DVD that was a philosophical analysis of the movie and it’s themes.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

I’m in a field that evolved out of philosophy. I respect the field and believe it has utility but I don’t really look to philosophers for guidance. Much of it come off as white dudes just talking out of their ass.

Last edited:
Without philosophy isn’t sociology just census taking - describing who people are what they do, and where they live?

psychoanalysis isn't philosophy in the strict sense (as an academic field) that you're using it here

Without philosophy isn’t sociology just census taking - describing who people are what they do, and where they live?

No. Unless you’re talking about the roots of the field that I acknowledged. “Census taking” only includes a few of many research methods and how they’re used.

Last edited:
Fanon is also a hundred times the psychoanalyst that Ziz could ever dream of being

I’m in a field that evolved out of philosophy. I respect the field and believe it has utility but I don’t really look to philosophers for guidance. Much of it come off as white dudes just talking out of their ass.

And now they've been replaced by Shannon Sharpe.

Years ago we were visiting Vienna and directly across the street from where Freud did a lot of work was some place advertising for "microanalysis" (some sort of cosmetology service).

I thought it was funny.

I keep getting this ad on Reddit and holy shit I cannot imagine a worse show than this

03ad6dbb67718cc6ed16c2316baa114b.jpg

man it must be such an easy grift to be a shitty comedian or actor then decry wokeness to get paychecks from Daily Wire and such.

TJ Miller is a real piece of work. Was a very promising actor and comedian, then it came out that he was extremely difficult to work with on set of Silicon Valley, so much so they basically fired him from the show. Then it comes out that he was accused in college of sexually assaulting someone, then he yells out a fake bomb threat on a metro train, he fades into relative obscurity and it comes out that he has been touring the exact same standup comedy routine for a decade, and now…he’s doing a show on the Daily Wire with washed up rightwing asshole Adam Corolla.

Last edited:
Added context, I saw him do standup in Charlotte like 6 years ago and he was hilarious and very gracious after the show.

Adam Carolla has got to be pissed off about Joe Rogan coming into his lane and blasting him off the map, right?

Back