• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Is my bringing my horrible pizza takes over here like angus starting threads on the pit?

that race wasn't even close. why couldn't she resonate with Florida voters?

I don’t know. I was surprised by the margin. She didn’t run as hard on marijuana legalization as she did for ag commish. She was rather weak opposing DeSantis in that role. In 2018, she had a lot of support from John Morgan of Morgan & Morgan, one of the biggest law firms in the state. I think they had a falling out.

Trump by candlelight? Sign me up!

mitt%20romney%20donald%20trump%20dinner.jpg

This is about peak seasonal fruit season (peaches/blackberries). I rarely eat breakfast, but I got some pecan cereal with blackberries this morning.

As if Hunter Biden's laptop wasn't scurrilous enough, now we've got Ashley Biden's diary!

I, for one, am shocked that Project Veritas has been implicated in further crimes.

the sheer amount of stuff biden has done in the last 48 hours is so fucking inspiring (not to mention other quiet shit like basically ending drone warfare)

dude has an opportunity to be the best president in my lifetime, possibly the best since LBJ?

gotta keep it up tho

dark brandon ftmfw

(cry more, biff)

the sheer amount of stuff biden has done in the last 48 hours is so fucking inspiring (not to mention other quiet shit like basically ending drone warfare)

dude has an opportunity to be the best president in my lifetime, possibly the best since LBJ?

gotta keep it up tho

dark brandon ftmfw

(cry more, biff)

QFP

I had an interesting chat with a friend who is friends with a politician from a big city in a swing state who has met with Biden. Apparently one of the big things in the meeting was strategic timing. They're trying to get a string of victories in the lead up to the election.

It got me thinking that perhaps Biden is trying to get ahead of whatever bullshit Republicans will try to bring to the forefront in October like they've done with Ebola, caravans, and of course, her emails (with dumbass Comey's help).

Going in with student loan forgiveness at the start of the Fall semester is a pretty good start to the home stretch.

One thing I've been thinking when I get optimistic is maybe Republicans have overplayed their hand. I think Republicans are overdoing the cruelty and doing it in the public eye. They can't hide their worst impulses behind Roe. They can't hide Trump in the midterm like they could a year ago for the VA and NJ races. The conservative outrage machine is very predictable. But Democrats generally act surprised or at least don’t harness it. If Biden is playing 4D chess, he can tap into their hate to push the overarching Dem message. "Both sides are not the same. We're trying to help you but these assholes keep getting in the way. Vote for us and give us the margins we need and we will come through for you." If Dems are making moves and all Republicans are doing is banning books, forcing women to carry brain dead fetuses, and fanning flames of violent extremists, it supports the message.

The current GOP is a gift for Democrats. They've gone feral. There's no strategy. It's just a perpetual conservative outrage machine. Can they sustain this hate through November?

Last edited:
drones are almost done (and no new wars!), DACA is safe, IRA is mostly good, student debt waived (and in the worst cases canceled entirely), appears to commit to banning assault rifles and capping insulin prices

good fuckin week, ph

Add in that Ukraine is still got to celebrate their Independence Day 6 months into this war largely with help from the Biden administration.

Been chatting with that friend and he made a great point. I brought up what I've been saying that Republican reaction to $10K has unified Dems more than the $10K did. $10K was a disappointment, the lowest number that's been floated. If Republican had shrugged and not made a big deal out of it, I think many people would have stayed disappointed. Instead, Republicans acted with such indignant anger that it pushes the message that Republicans DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. If Biden had gone with a bigger number, more people would have thought the backlash was justified.

He pointed out that in this respect, the Biden administration engineered a "basket of deplorable" moment by the GOP. Brilliant take. It's easy to bait Republicans into showing their disdain for the rest of us. But instead of just one woman saying one thing, there are Republicans all over TV talking shit about the 48 million Americans who have student loan debt.

A 30-year-old public school grad making $75K with $50K in debt that won't die doesn't want to be called a wealthy elite by politicians who just got hundreds of thousands in free PPP loans.

Why would they continue to provide servi… ohhhh

RightForge CEO Martin Avila did not comment on the monetary dispute, but told Fox Business he still “believes in the mission of President Trump’s free speech platform” and “wish[es] to continue supporting the president in his media endeavors.”

I hope they go bankrupt.

drones are almost done (and no new wars!), DACA is safe, IRA is mostly good, student debt waived (and in the worst cases canceled entirely), appears to commit to banning assault rifles and capping insulin prices

good fuckin week, ph

Happy to say I was entirely wrong on my earlier Biden takes. Crushing it right now.

Back