• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

i'm also planning on painting the facade of a polling place on the side of a wall and letting voters run into it fullspeed ala Wile E. Coyote

You should open a polling place on the water and let all the boaters for trump know that its completely legit.

I appreciate that you are participating in some form of political organizing, but don’t pretend like it’s the only form.

i don't. maybe all the berniebro consternation is just here as a form of post-scratching but fuck guys, most of us did not want Biden

i mean do you guys walk around complaining and sharing tweets and essays all day or just on here

i don't. maybe all the berniebro consternation is just here as a form of post-scratching but fuck guys, most of us did not want Biden

Something like 45% of eligible voters didn't vote in the 2016 election, yet you arent driving around screaming out your window at strangers about getting Trump elected. Same goes for the m&m boys - we're not getting in shouting matches about neoliberalism with suburban housewives at Whole Foods. Political discussions online are shitty, stupid, unfair, & unhelpful, but if it keeps us from getting arrested then it's worth it

You’re right. I should just celebrate the wins like the BLM block letters behind Warren.

Something like 45% of eligible voters didn't vote in the 2016 election, yet you arent driving around screaming out your window at strangers about getting Trump elected. Same goes for the m&m boys - we're not getting in shouting matches about neoliberalism with suburban housewives at Whole Foods. Political discussions online are shitty, stupid, unfair, & unhelpful, but if it keeps us from getting arrested then it's worth it

i actually complain to lots of people about vote participation; part of the reason i do the calls, specifically. i do upbraid people who say "socially liberal, fiscally conservative". not angrily but i try to speak up now when i would stew before.

lol alright. in what capacity of phonebanking are you "upbraiding" people or complaining? Ive probably done 5-6 phonebanking and canvassing trainings in my life, and the first rule is almost always "dont argue with people", so i'm kind of impressed

no, not on the phone for campaigns of course. i mean in my everyday life, at work with customers. rather than being a passive citizen. i live in a deeply red area, as you know.

I am extremely happy with how my posting that link worked out

i'm not trying to pretend i'm a super activist. i've started doing the bare minimum at age 36.

i just talk to people and see the apathy that has to be surmounted and wonder why people who are quasi-allied seem to be such dicks about it (realizing i've not always been so...uh...friendly)

I appreciate that you are participating in some form of political organizing, but don’t pretend like it’s the only form.

Sure, but other organizing is going to be pissing into the wind during four more years of Trump. I don't think you understand how bad things can get.

Sure, but other organizing is going to be pissing into the wind during four more years of Trump. I don't think you understand how bad things can get.

what ridiculous nonsense. under your dumbass logic, all the organizing thats been done under Trump has been for naught if he wins again. You do realize that Donald Trump wont be the last Republican President, right? You have to know that. This naive notion that things are just going to go back to "normal" once the cheeto man is gone is crazy. There is no normal, and we arent going back to it.

You perfectly encapsulate the Democrat mindset that would invite Colin Powell to speak at the DNC, after W. Bush's administration was considered the worst in modern history.

Back