• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

This is all he’s tweeted about for like 3 months

It’s kinda wild

He annoys me sometimes (though most “too online” people annoy me), but a chill Wake grad for sure

4cd1240e37a1f170056c397fc5143d77.jpg

when boomers were in their 30s (in the 70s/80s) the average interest rate on a mortgage never dropped below 7%, and for most of that period it was over 9%. Boomers have fucked up plenty of things but acting like today's mortgage rates are some kind of unprecedented burden on young people isn't really fair.

incidentally, gen X is the one that has gotten the benefit of a lot of this, so blame us - although I bought in 2006 at the peak of the market and couldn't sell that house for ten years because it was underwater until around 2016.

incidentally, gen X is the one that has gotten the benefit of a lot of this, so blame us - although I bought in 2006 at the peak of the market and couldn't sell that house for ten years because it was underwater until around 2016.
so what you are really saying is that every generation has had their own unique challenges? Imagine that.

Shit- I bought my first place in March of 2001. 9/11 happened and rates dropped by like 2-3 points. Took me 2 years to re-fi. I then built a house in 2006 and had to sell it in 2010- oops! $75K I'll never see again.

I know Newsom did a good job of talking about the accomplishments of the Biden administration and showing what a mess the Republican primary is, but I think the impact will be more how people will compare him to Biden in a debate. Newsom was very quick, he made his points clearly, and he went on the offensive. That is going to be the bar for Biden when he stands at the podium next time.

Back