• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

That a good number of people don't brownbag every meal, eat a decent amount of fast food, and will use the rapidly rising cost thereof as a determining factor in their voting practices. Otherwise, what the hell is the point of mentioning where you get your lunch?

I’m not denying that.

I’m merely stating that eating fast food is generally not a necessity.

UBI should have large support on both sides. It would cut the overall number of welfare programs out there, which conservatives would enjoy, and it would also actually help people. Additionally, this would provide a more "level" playing field, so the GOP can keep harping on personal responsibility/bootstraps or whatever when people fail.

I don't have any data/research to back this up, but I would think overall that it would actually be less expensive to do a UBI than it would be to continue running the number of programs we do to try to combat the primary issue that UBI would help address.

Last edited:
UBI should have large support on both sides. It would cut the overall number of welfare programs out there, which conservatives would enjoy, and it would also actually help people.
Matt Breunig has an entire career dedicated to research proving that very thing. Our government is dedicated to filtering economic support through exhaustive levels of means testing, bureaucracy, and tax credit bullshit.

Matt Breunig has an entire career dedicated to research proving that very thing. Our government is dedicated to filtering economic support through exhaustive levels of means testing, bureaucracy, and tax credit bullshit.
yeah, because as a whole, the government doesn't really want to help people, which is sad.

The cruelty is the point!

I’m pretty sure that tweet originally had the term “economic opportunity zones” instead of disadvantaged communities, but they had to change it because it was causing peoples eyes to roll out of their skulls.

Gotta say, I think it’s funny that Will Stancil takes never ending shit on my TL for being obnoxiously wrong in a different argument every day, but the only time Stancil has come up on here was the one time that an even more obnoxious person misinterpreted a graph that Stancil posted, in which the intention of Stancil’s post was also obnoxious.

Heh. I posit if you think Stancil is obnoxiously wrong every day, your timeline is spewing a lot of nonsense at you. Obnoxious though, definitely. He's fully dedicated to shitpoasting at this point, it seems.

Stancil arguing that Trump’s rise to political power was random, being rebutted by a academic researcher who wrote a broadly cited book about how the book about the history of American conservatives predicted the rise of politicians like Trump.

Heh. I posit if you think Stancil is obnoxiously wrong every day, your timeline is spewing a lot of nonsense at you. Obnoxious though, definitely. He's fully dedicated to shitpoasting at this point, it seems.

Yeah tilt, I just don’t think you and I are going to be able to agree on the correctness of Will Stancil’s politics, regardless of his personality.

Stancil is a dime-a-dozen liberal “adult in the room” pragmatist, who like the rest of that media sphere, is building an online presence by snarkily naysaying populist sentiments with thin contrarian references to mainstream media sources. You could power a small city on the smug energy of college educated liberals condescending populist dissatisfaction as irrational and misplaced.

Yeah tilt, I just don’t think you and I are going to be able to agree on the correctness of Will Stancil’s politics, regardless of his personality.
Yeah, I probably overstated. I'm coming off as some kind of Stancil stan here, which is not at all my intention. I don't think I really even know what his politics are (other than liberal), I've really only seen his economic posts over the last several weeks and don't remember much of anything from before that. Probably a pretty small fraction of his overall posting, and the other stuff might suck 🤷‍♂️ . I think he has almost become this mini cult hero of sorts lately, in a weird way, because of how relentlessly he has been fighting that particular battle. I feel like most people, like Claudia Sahm for example, will send out some tweets and write a substack or whatever, but ultimately just sort of ignore or block all the absurd baseless hate that comes at her from both ends of the political spectrum. Like a normal human. Stancil, that fucker will fight back. He's replying to everybody. And because he happens to be right about this, and people usually aren't loud, obnoxious, and relentless about relatively boring objective economic data, he's having a little moment.

He’s doing it to promote his Substack, I think. He used to be just regular annoying, but the more he tweets and punches left, the more subscriptions he gets.

Yeah and as we have established, like yourself, the are fucking dumb.
Quoted for hilarious self-unawareness. Is this English? Head back to third grade, chief.

today-junior-class.gif

Oh no a typo whatever will I do in comparison to the dumb fuck that thinks he has solved the NFL’s injury problems.

That piece concludes with a chart that shows rea wage growth fell into negative territory during COVID and have steadily increased for almost the last two years except for a short dip around this summer.

So is the argument that people are mad in December 2023 that their wages fell in 2021 while people were still getting their first and second vaccines even though wage growth is now at pre-COVID levels?

You could argue that by November Biden could be riding on 2+ years of steady wage growth and falling inflation.

Last edited:
Back